Author Topic: Sephiroth  (Read 3460 times)

Jesse Leonheart

Sephiroth
« on: 2001-03-22 05:45:00 »
This may have been asked before, but here it goes anyway.  I have used the Jenova save game editor to get Sephiroth in my party.  I can't control him, and every time the rest of the party emerges from Cloud (or is supposed to, anyway) my game locks up.  Is there any way to prevent this?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Sephiroth
« Reply #1 on: 2001-03-22 06:37:00 »
Control Seph? I think the fact that not even the shinra company could contorl seph. That's what made him so evil.

Actully, the reason is because seph is preprogrammed to be noncontolable. and in the field files, the request to load the seph model isn't made other than where he shows up, and the code to have seph walk out of the party is simply not in the game.

Sephiroth
« Reply #2 on: 2001-03-22 08:39:00 »
There *is* a way to control Seph, but I can't help you with the lockups. Dem's the breaks.
Anyway, I forget exactly how this works, hopefully someone can clarify. Basically, what you do is that you have to find a way to kill of Seph and then revive him. Then he's controllable. Either that, or you have to kill him off and then revive him in the *next* battle. I forget. Hope that helps.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Sephiroth
« Reply #3 on: 2001-03-22 10:30:00 »
The way is to reduce his HP to zero before entering a battle. Since he is invulnerable and cannot be attacked,(Trust me, go ahead and attack him with everything you've got)you will have to use some kind of cheat code to reduce his hp to 0 before the battle begins. The game will still think his alive when you check the status screen(his HP is in yellow not in red). Anyway, just enter the battle and you'll see seph just standing there(he doesn't have a dead pose) so revive him with a phoenix down or something and you will then gain full control over him. Unfortunately, Seph will now be able to be injured(you turned him mortal!), and you will have to repeat this process before every battle. A better way is that once you can control him, just kill him before the end of each battle.