Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008136 times)

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05b)
« Reply #3075 on: 2016-10-04 01:47:53 »
https://imgur.com/a/Xa5X0

All color anomalies. Enjoy!!
There's probably a lot more in the glacier area, but I probably won't visit every screen.

Edit:
Is it normal to replay the snowboarding game again and again if you left the glacier and ran back up to Icicle Lodge?
I thought that once you've completed the snowboarding mini-game, you can leave town without being forced to play it again..?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 01:50:15 by WatashiWaZero »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: 2016-10-04 02:00:24 »

On the latter question - I haven't touched any of that code so it must be normal.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: 2016-10-04 02:09:03 »
By the way, you can interact with Holzhov from below... Might wanna fix that. :P

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: 2016-10-04 02:38:32 »
I'm still passing through a rough time of my life, but I'm still nearby.
Just lacking free time and an available mind, but every bug mentioned in here will make it to the big list for sure; I'll go through all the last pages of this thread that need to, even before R05.

The list also needs better sorting and reorganisation, that will be taken care of when I can as well. Then it'll be a good time to open a thread about that list, for people to submit new bugs and even fixes.
There are also still a lot of (trusty) sources I need to explore to come up with more bugs. But again.. for when I can.

For the moment I'm going through each field to catch faulty pixels and such anomalies, so that'll be out of the way.
I've also noted down a few inconsistencies so far, when comparing some fields together. Like..
On your way from the 69th floor to the 70th, the staircase is a blood mess. Looking at them from the 70th floor now, the stairs are clean and lovely ^_^ That kind of quirks. I have already a few like this.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: 2016-10-04 02:53:44 »
Something is very strange at the temple with Steam... As reported, the dialogue isn't displaying. I haven't touched anything with the code and the models should not be able to break anything.

Edit.

Nope 1998 version also has the issue.  But this wasn't here before.  Only thing that's changed is an updated Sephiroth model, but how can that do this?  Needs more investigating.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 02:57:24 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: 2016-10-04 04:13:10 »
Something else I wanted to report:

In the battles that take place while you're on your way to the City of the Ancients, specifically the map that contains the Water Ring, I experienced an anomaly of sorts where characters would freeze in whatever animation they were going through.  The enemy (I think the seahorse looking ones) that casts the whirlwind of leaves skill that hits the entire party.  After the party gets knocked down, they stay down, but aren't dead/incapacitated.

Sorry to be super vague, but I forgot about it until now.  I'm also not sure if it has happened elsewhere.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: 2016-10-04 04:19:59 »
A new thread needs opening, WatashiWaZero, for these type of bugs, because most of them are definitely not Reunion related. They do need reporting, and many of them I will try to fix, but they need to be in a separate thread and then they can also be added to the bug database (not mine - White Wind's).

Not sure that one can be fixed, though...
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 04:36:32 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: 2016-10-04 04:47:14 »
Something weird going on in regards to the temple... the dialogue boxes from transparent Sep go behind the background. You can see them with BoxFF7 and move them about but they'll only show on the black border part.  I think Kaldarasha's Sephiroth model has had some sort of effect on the engine.  Something it does not like.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: 2016-10-04 08:21:58 »
Something weird going on in regards to the temple... the dialogue boxes from transparent Sep go behind the background. You can see them with BoxFF7 and move them about but they'll only show on the black border part.  I think Kaldarasha's Sephiroth model has had some sort of effect on the engine.  Something it does not like.

Probably the depth_test and depth_*whateveritwas*. I can look into it at the week end. Dan you should change or add to the installer the ability to install the models from an external source (of course the official selection for the reunion). It might be better this way since this part is off your hands and you don't need to update the whole installer for a few new models.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: 2016-10-04 09:41:28 »
It would get far too complicated. It has to me as minimal as possible for my sanity alone. Plus sometimes I feel models are worse than better, so I have to judge what I think of any submitted.

I can't work out why changing Seps model would change dialogue boxes. Changing its depth values shouldn't touch dialogue. More testing needed.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 10:06:14 by DLPB »

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: 2016-10-04 19:13:42 »
Some minor stuff:

https://imgur.com/a/BH8Lm

O and X are switched here. Maybe to do with the O/X option? I don't use it, so O as confirm.

The second one is a fascinatingly glitched Quake 3. It's only during the few final frames when it's fully "grown".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: 2016-10-04 19:19:45 »
Did you select O and X switch in the options? If so it will have changed it round - but you also need to change the config too.  It states that in the help file, I think.  Swapping option still requires a manual change in config. Or are you saying it's simply wrong when no swap has occurred? 

IS the second issue a Reunion issue?  It doesn't happen in 1998 and it really shouldn't in Steam since again I don't touch any of that. I hardly touch anything in battle.  No other mods installed? Not using 7th heaven?
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 19:21:47 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: 2016-10-04 22:39:22 »
A new thread needs opening, WatashiWaZero, for these type of bugs, because most of them are definitely not Reunion related. They do need reporting, and many of them I will try to fix, but they need to be in a separate thread and then they can also be added to the bug database (not mine - White Wind's).

Not sure that one can be fixed, though...

http://imgur.com/a/DIlGG -- Post is going to be longer than usual, but I'm going to start off with the images...

One of them is just to confirm what Galm posted earlier.  The buttons are swapped.  This is probably an easy fix for you though.

Going back to our conversation about gil being capitalized or not.  You're sticking with not capitalizing it, and I don't mind, but then you capitalize it on the loot screen when the original game had it on lower case.  I can see why it would be upper case in the bottom right box since it's the only word, but the other two boxes should be lowercase.  This is all for consistency sake.

One of the other pictures is the transition to the FMV.  As noted in the description, this probably cannot be fixed, and I'm 99.99% sure you can't.  Just wanted to note since it stood out to me.

Last picture has to do with what I said and your response quoted above.  It shows you what I said earlier with the models not getting back up after being knocked down.  There you can see that the second Dance is about to be cast by the Maul Dancer (I got the enemy and skill name for you this time), and the team is still on the floor.  It actually has something to do with Reunion, most likely the models again.  I uninstalled Reunion and played the game vanilla, and tried to replicate the bug, but to no avail.  After I reinstalled Reunion again, I can replicate this glitch with every battle against Maul Dancers 100% of the time.

And finally, no pictures for this error, but on the map fship_23, when you first steal and get onto the Highwind, Tifa is seen on the bottom left of the map.  As the camera pans/shifts upward to show the rest of the area, Tifa suddenly teleports to where Cid is standing and walks towards the middle.  You can probably fix this as the error is similar to the one you fixed for how Tifa enters the map in the initial Avalanche meeting downstairs (mds7pb_2 I think)...

===========

I know I probably come across as nitpicky at this point, but I'm just trying to contribute what I can to this project.  It'd be nice if you could doubt my reports less than you do now.  :P

Also, wouldn't it be cool to end Reunion on R07?  8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: 2016-10-04 22:53:29 »
Loot screen is capitalized only for aesthetic reasons.  A lot of things in a menu are capped when they ordinarily wouldn't be.  I don't think it really warrants a change. I'll have a look at the inconsistency.

FMV: Only thing to be done is really edit out any FMV with the old models.  May do that when I get round to new Fmvs.  Sucks that the original team actually used life-looking and lego FMVs...  it's ridiculous.

On the glitch - can you supply me a Save?  I'll have a look. I bet it's Steam related again.

On the fship_23 - needs to be placed in a separate thread.

On doubting - it depends. Nearly all of your localization issues have not been an issue (which is why I requested no more reports on that) and it's getting out of hand that this thread is being used for general bug reports.  I have not doubted anything where you have been correct, if you look at The Reunion Database.

« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 22:57:06 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: 2016-10-04 23:10:09 »
On the glitch - can you supply me a Save?  I'll have a look. I bet it's Steam related again.

Sure, I can PM you a save.  And yes, I play the Steam version since it's the easiest to obtain legally. :P

http://imgur.com/a/a1dFd

Perhaps you can add in the square button here?  If you press and hold square + a directional button, it strafes in that direction.  Seems odd not to have it in the controls list.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: 2016-10-04 23:13:49 »
To be fair I may be getting rid of that function entirely since it's stupid and it also introduces a bug at the crater with the barrier. :P  It may even be that it was left in accidentally or added later.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: 2016-10-04 23:15:14 »
Can post here too - although an Ochu save state would be quicker.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: 2016-10-04 23:20:20 »
http://www.filedropper.com/1033-20h34m48s-accessorystore

So I happened to save it right in front of the store.  Was running around and checking new wares, and noticed that for an accessory shop, they sell mostly weapons...  Pretty sure this is intended right?

Also, whatever you see in my save file... note that it's for testing purposes............... Not that I'm a huge cheater or anything.  :evil:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: 2016-10-05 00:40:05 »
That's how it is.  Sometimes they share items and Weapons and so on. It may need looking at as I walk through.  Rather than me keep saying "no" to every bug report that isn't related or isn't a problem, I'll respond only to those that are.  8)
« Last Edit: 2016-10-05 01:09:13 by DLPB »

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: 2016-10-05 02:01:45 »
@WatashiWaZero and others: Please use my PM box instead of this thread for submitting bugs for which you know they're not related to The Reunion, thanks. Until I can open and manage a new thread for that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: 2016-10-05 02:54:33 »
I have corrected the Steam battle swirl issue (the screen not centred when battle from field).  Rewrote code and approached it a new way.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: 2016-10-05 04:47:43 »
After the final battle at Fort Condor, when you talk to the old guy for the Huge Materia, he uses the word "sneaked" instead of "snuck" for the American version.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: 2016-10-05 04:48:36 »
http://grammarist.com/usage/sneaked-snuck/

Either is fine, even in America (professional works prefer sneaked). But I'll see how it sounds for the given part.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-05 04:51:06 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: 2016-10-05 05:08:34 »
Do you want me to PM White regarding color anomalies or still report them here?  Not sure since you've been handling those by passing it on to Ilducci.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: 2016-10-05 05:14:47 »
Yeah PM White or open a new thread and call it something like FF7 Bug Reports. :)