Author Topic: Can't launch 7th heaven anymore..  (Read 4244 times)

DFR66

• View Profile
Can't launch 7th heaven anymore..
« on: 2019-03-29 13:02:07 »
When I try to open the program I get this message, it's in Dutch but I think the key things that you guys need to understand is still understandable.. Hoofdelement ontbreekt means key element is missing. I like to know what I can do about this problem.. thanks.

System.TypeInitializationException: De type-initialisatiefunctie voor Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Het XML-document (0, 0) bevat een fout. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Hoofdelement ontbreekt.
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   bij System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   bij Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderImageCacheData.Read4_ImageCacheData()
   --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
   bij System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   bij System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   bij Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in C:\Code\7H\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:regel 15
   bij Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in C:\Code\7H\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:regel 19
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.ImageCache..ctor(String folder) in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\ImageCache.cs:regel 32
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys..cctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\Sys.cs:regel 155
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.get_Catalog()
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags.Init() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:regel 25
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags..ctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:regel 34
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.InitializeComponent() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.Designer.cs:regel 50
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:regel 22
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\Program.cs:regel 23

DFR66

• View Profile
Re: Can't launch 7th heaven anymore..
« Reply #1 on: 2019-03-29 19:00:10 »
So they talk about a .XML document, tried to look for it but I don't see it all.. not really my cup of tea these kind of things lol..

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-03-29 21:27:15 »
Try rerunning the GC and overwrite.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-03-31 12:31:04 »
Yea tried that but it doesn't work.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-03-31 22:13:48 »
And you're running everything as admin.?

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-04-01 10:28:50 »
Yes

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2019-04-01 11:09:25 »
Inside your 7th Heaven folder should be a generated Workshop folder. This is where the .xml files get updated when changing settings within the 7H client. Try deleting the Workshop folder and relaunching 7H.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-04-01 19:01:08 »
Looked for it but strangely, there seems to be no workshop folder at all..

Not sure what happened.. one day everyting was fine and I could start 7h without any problem, and the next day suddenly this...

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-04-01 19:11:58 »
Looked for it but strangely, there seems to be no workshop folder at all..

Not sure what happened.. one day everyting was fine and I could start 7h without any problem, and the next day suddenly this...
Did you just get a Windows update?  (I just had the October 1809 update foisted on me last night, for example)

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-04-01 19:28:14 »
Yes did have an update last week

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-04-02 08:26:47 »
Windows updates tend to ruin some setups, but not all of them. Mine always launches fine. Hmm :-\

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-04-06 20:32:16 »
Yea to me it doesn't feel like it was because of the update.. they say there is something missing.. that should be the cause of the issue.. tried to reinstal 7th heaven and all.. but it was no use.. so I have no idea what else I could do.. any more ideas?

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-04-07 00:05:19 »
Windows updates tend to ruin some setups, but not all of them. Mine always launches fine. Hmm :-\
Indeed, I have to alter/repair/re-install things like massive mod managers, et cetera around constantly when massive update changes happen, PC land is the world of the glitch goblins, that even goes for Linux/Ubuntu sometimes..

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-04-13 19:17:05 »
Well I tried everything you guys said, also Ive tried to reinstall the entire game and 7th heaven. Still the same error, what a joke.. so no more ideas here guys ???

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-04-13 19:32:07 »
Translated from Dutch to English so maybe you guys can understand more.  And at the end you see the word 'Regel' a few times which means rule.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type-initilisation function for Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys has made an exeption. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Het XML-document (0, 0) contains an error. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Key element is missing.
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   bij System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   bij System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   bij Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderImageCacheData.Read4_ImageCacheData()
   --- End of internal exeptionsstackpad ---
   bij System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   bij System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   bij Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in C:\Code\7H\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:regel 15
   bij Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in C:\Code\7H\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:regel 19
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.ImageCache..ctor(String folder) in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\ImageCache.cs:regel 32
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys..cctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thHeaven.Code\Sys.cs:regel 155
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.get_Catalog()
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags.Init() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:regel 25
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.pTags..ctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\pTags.cs:regel 34
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.InitializeComponent() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.Designer.cs:regel 50
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary..ctor() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:regel 22
   bij Iros._7th.Workshop.Program.Main() in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\Program.cs:regel 23
« Last Edit: 2019-04-13 19:33:58 by DFR66 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2019-04-14 01:21:57 »
"Key element is missing" is saying that something saved in your current xml files is not there anymore, so it can't open the client properly to its last saved state. Usually this can be bypassed by deleting the 7thWorkshop folder, but I never liked this since it's only a workaround and not a fix. It causes another issue with how category names are displayed inside 7H.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2019-04-14 21:14:52 »
Yes but the thing is that the enitre workshop folder is not there. Also I reinstalled 7th heaven and FF VII entirely, I'd assume that it would reset all the settings from 7th Heaven right.. but still the same issue.. i gues there is nothing else i can do then.. thanks for the help