Author Topic: New to modding?  (Read 1384 times)

Raaayven

• View Profile
New to modding?
« on: 2019-04-05 07:24:13 »
To put into perspective how new I am to modding, this is legitimately the first time I have done so. I'm as green as green can be.

To make things short and sweet, I installed the 7th Heaven mod, and everything works fine. Mind you, I haven't really started yet, but everything seems fine when I click new game. The issue lies in when i save-- literally right off the train-- and then try to restart that save file.

All the sound effects are there-- menu etc.-- but there is otherwise no music. I even got into that first battle with the two soldiers. Cloud has grunting noises as he fights and there's sword slashing sounds, but no music, and let me tell you, beating people up just isn't the same without music.

If i start a new game, fine. Try and load the save. no music. Not sure what's up.

I will note that i did make a second save, a modded one using a program called black chocobo, so i could start with some extra materia, items, and gil, but even with the original, unedited save, the issue persists, so I'm not sure if that's relevant.

Should i try just working my way to the first save point and having the modded save be there? Again, I am very very green at this, so I've no idea if that would make any difference at all.

I did try disabling the mod and reenabling it, to the same result.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really excited to play this game again and the mod looks lovely. I'm just trying to avoid the grind lol.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: New to modding?
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-05 11:19:58 »
First save point is inside the reactor, so how are you saving off the train?

Raaayven

• View Profile
Re: New to modding?
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-05 22:20:52 »
One of the mods has a... I think it's called 'cheats and tweaks' that has one of the options letting you save wherever and whenever you want.

It had other things like, tifa and cait sith always being lucky, and items not actually depleting when you use them, if I recall correctly. Though, I found that, from where i was, i went into the menu and used an either (ether?), and it still depleted, so even though I was able to save there, it didn't seem like it was working fully? Heckie if I know man.

EDIT:

Updating this to say, when i went to the first actual save point, instead of using the mod to save in a spot i technically wasn't supposed to, my edited save worked from there, with music, so problem solved! thank goodness.

Thank you for your consideration guys. Sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-09 04:05:21 by Raaayven »