Author Topic: Where did I go wrong?  (Read 4509 times)

Siberianhusky89

• View Profile
Where did I go wrong?
« on: 2016-09-11 18:54:45 »
I need help. For some reason, I've accomplished every task, but when I boot up FF7 through 7th Heaven, the game comes out normal. As if it wasn't modded.

Final Fantasy 7 Version: Steam

I have done this for the 3rd time now. I have even uninstalled it, removed the FF7 drivers and used CCleaner. Here is the process I did.

I renamed my C: drive to FF7DISC1 (I even tried using the fake ISO used with Deamon tools lite)

I downloaded Final Fantasy 7 again from steam. I also redownloaded Aali's drivers, FF7Game_Convertor, and 7th Heaven. I put the Aali's drivers in the FF7 folder, created a Textures folder and unpacked the Aali's drivers there too.

After, I ran FF7_GameConverter as Administrator and pathed it to the FINAL FANTASY VII folder within Steamapps. Then I tested the sounds (both worked).

I ran 7thHeaven and pathed everything, wrote in what I need to. (I put 7th Heaven in the mods folder and pathed the put that as my Library Location)

FF7 EXE is FF7_en.exe (I don't have any of the more advanced mods that require you to change the title. I purposely avoided them)

Aali Modpath is in Textures and so it is pathed there. (I put Textures in the mod folder)

Movie Path is directed to the movies folder in the data folder.

Automatically import mods and Check updates to 7thHeaven are both checked.

Subsciptions: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu

Extra Folders:
music
direct

(There are errors with the music search but I'm not running any music mods anyways)

The catalog showed up. I had a little trouble downloading some files, but they worked. I activated them through my library and configured them in Active mods.

Afterwards, I placed them in the following order.

https://postimg.org/image/tfefz0fwl/

https://postimg.org/image/wx5rnjv2t/

Sorry for the long post. But can someone help me?
« Last Edit: 2016-09-11 18:58:57 by Siberianhusky89 »

Ralleign

• View Profile
Re: Where did I go wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-15 04:28:00 »
Hm... I had a somewhat similar issue where the game seemed to try reading the unmodded files, but they were replaced with modded files.  Did you open the game's base launcher through Steam any time between running the game converter/downloading 7th Heaven and trying to play it for the first time?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-15 11:51:09 »
I need help. For some reason, I've accomplished every task, but when I boot up FF7 through 7th Heaven, the game comes out normal. As if it wasn't modded.

Final Fantasy 7 Version: Steam

I have done this for the 3rd time now. I have even uninstalled it, removed the FF7 drivers and used CCleaner. Here is the process I did.

I renamed my C: drive to FF7DISC1 (I even tried using the fake ISO used with Deamon tools lite)

I downloaded Final Fantasy 7 again from steam. I also redownloaded Aali's drivers, FF7Game_Convertor, and 7th Heaven. I put the Aali's drivers in the FF7 folder, created a Textures folder and unpacked the Aali's drivers there too.

After, I ran FF7_GameConverter as Administrator and pathed it to the FINAL FANTASY VII folder within Steamapps. Then I tested the sounds (both worked).

I ran 7thHeaven and pathed everything, wrote in what I need to. (I put 7th Heaven in the mods folder and pathed the put that as my Library Location)

FF7 EXE is FF7_en.exe (I don't have any of the more advanced mods that require you to change the title. I purposely avoided them)

Aali Modpath is in Textures and so it is pathed there. (I put Textures in the mod folder)

Movie Path is directed to the movies folder in the data folder.

Automatically import mods and Check updates to 7thHeaven are both checked.

Subsciptions: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu

Extra Folders:
music
direct

(There are errors with the music search but I'm not running any music mods anyways)

The catalog showed up. I had a little trouble downloading some files, but they worked. I activated them through my library and configured them in Active mods.

Afterwards, I placed them in the following order.

https://postimg.org/image/tfefz0fwl/

https://postimg.org/image/wx5rnjv2t/

Sorry for the long post. But can someone help me?

I highlighted what went wrong. None of those steps are apart of the written tutorial, so I'm not sure what merited you to go and do these setups manually.

1) Aali's Driver doesn't need to be downloaded, nor placed anywhere manually. It is included in the Game Converter and will be placed where it is necessary.

2) This was actually correct, but why did you do it manually? If you ran the Game Converter, then that folder would already be there, you would see it is there, and thus would not have to create it yourself.

3) FF7_en.exe should not exist after running the Game Converter. If you ran the GC, then it would be renamed and patched to the proper ff7.exe.

4) The folder location is ok, but Aali Modpath in 7H is not for pointing it to Aali's Driver. It's for telling Aali's Driver where to pull mods from that it needs to use ingame. When you click Launch Game, 7H will inject the activated texture mods into that Texture folder, in which Aali's Driver will read from that folder to then use ingame. You could change the Aali Modpath to point to any folder you want, but it requires you to also manually change Aali's config file to read from that folder. I have setup the GC to place a config file that reads from the \mods\Textures folder, so that's what it needs to be by default.

My suggestion atm is to clean install again, and to follow only the steps from the written tutorial. It's actually easier to follow its setup than your manual ways.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-15 11:52:56 by EQ2Alyza »

Siberianhusky89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-16 21:32:59 »
Sorry for my double posting earlier. I got really frustrated after the 5th time of going through the process. Still, I apologize for doing so.

Also, I figured that out "^^ I feel a little dumb for not realizing that you can't have them located in the program folders. However, I ran into one more issue if you don't mind me asking. Don't worry I won't double post it.

Sometimes if I make any subtle changes (And I mean, changes that aren't even that big, such as changing the device in which to output noise because I want it to work on my T.V. instead of my computer monitor) the game will go black and you can reach the menu screen, but the words will be scrunched together and everything after the scrunched "New Game" is selected, the game goes pitch black again.