Author Topic: Problems downloading certain mods  (Read 4976 times)

odell2

• View Profile
Problems downloading certain mods
« on: 2016-02-08 10:35:26 »
Greetings,
I hope this topic hasn't already been discussed and I did check the message boards first but I could've overlooked it if it has. I am having issues with downloading certain mods in the 7th heaven tool. It seems that most of the mods that have two parts will download the first part of the mod but there are issues with downloading the patch. Most times the first part will download then it will say installing next to it but nothing more ever happens. Also if I cancel the one that says patch, then it will disappear.  The ones I am having problems with are:

Battle Models-Enemies
Menu-Avatars and Backdrops
Spell Textures

I am also having an issue with Jessie's Mod but it seems to be something else. It keeps trying to download the mod but keeps on generating error messages.

I am including a screenshot if that will help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0UmJQ5EGS0nTndoYks2UWpjR1k/view?usp=sharing

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Problems downloading certain mods
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-08 11:21:07 »
How long have you been trying to do this? I just downloaded them fine on my end.

odell2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-09 00:27:33 »
I started yesterday morning. I tried off and on all day. I tried again a little while ago after getting off of work and I am having the same issue.

odell2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-12 22:12:05 »
Any ideas?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2016-02-13 09:26:31 »
I have nothing at this point. I can download all the mods you stated and they properly patch as well. No one else has reported this issue, so perhaps it's a connection issue on your end. What country are you from and have you ever had issues downloading from Google Drive or MEGA?

odell2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-02-18 22:49:48 »
I am from US and I have never tried downloading from Mega before. Never had any issues from Google Drive though.

odell2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-02-20 16:13:20 »
Is there anyway that I can download those mods directly and then move them over to the folder?

piter005

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-07-27 23:11:29 »
There is a way to download mods manually.

1. Open the following url:   http://pastebin.com/raw/dDBkYkDu
2. Find a section of the mod you want to download i.e. Field Texture - Part 1
3. Search for the line:   <Link>iros://GDrive/0B-Q_AObuWRSXMXdEMzV2eGtiTzQ</Link>
4. Now copy last sequence of digits from this line, which is: 0B-Q_AObuWRSXMXdEMzV2eGtiTzQ
5. Now add in front of this sequence: https://drive.google.com/file/d/
6. Everything should look like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q_AObuWRSXMXdEMzV2eGtiTzQ
7. Now copy this link to your browser and just download the mod:)
8. After download place the mod in the mod/7thHeaven directory
9. You should also rename the files to original names (original names would be in the above folder in a temp folder after any download attempt through 7thHeaven application (even unfinished download with errors))

I hope I have helped.
Piter005
« Last Edit: 2016-07-27 23:13:00 by piter005 »

Omnicide

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-09-10 20:16:22 »
Thank you piter, that helped me somewhat. I managed to download the "Media - Movies" after the 3rd try using this method. It seems the download was 50% faster but for some reason, the downloads would still stop and the only options from there would be to restart the download or stop it completely. the pause/resume button is greyed out. I'm attempting to download the field textures now. So far, despite this set back, I do appreciate these compilation of mods, thanks EQ2Alyza and all those who created each mod.

amon85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-09-17 10:56:17 »
thx piter..but when i renamed the file and put into directory what i can do?