Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Cutscene Skip Mod  (Read 4603 times)

petfriendamy

• View Profile
[FF7 PC] Cutscene Skip Mod
« on: 2021-03-01 23:32:30 »
This was the first mod I ever made, so I figured I'd bring it over to 7th Heaven real quick!

This mod skips most of the cutscenes in the game, allowing you to focus on the gameplay. You'll also run into Mog occasionally, who you can talk to to skip some of the more tedious sections like Wall Market and the Shinra HQ stealth section.

Great for challenge runs. Likely incompatible with mods that modify flevel, like New Threat.

You can download the IRO here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19BjzvLjbHRDd68tRpEJP-cRTDF0Adv9S/view?usp=sharing

Old versions:
« Last Edit: 2021-03-15 21:04:10 by petfriendamy »

Darkside

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Cutscene Skip Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2021-03-09 23:44:57 »
There's two major bugs I've found so far

1 - When you exit Costa Del Sol after defeating jenova - you get teleported by Cosmo Canyon and become a rock. You can't get encounters or open the menu.

2 - The game softlocks at Cosmo Canyon after you talk to Red at the top of the stairs and change your party.

I'm sure there's more later on.

petfriendamy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021-03-14 18:38:15 »
There's two major bugs I've found so far

1 - When you exit Costa Del Sol after defeating jenova - you get teleported by Cosmo Canyon and become a rock. You can't get encounters or open the menu.

2 - The game softlocks at Cosmo Canyon after you talk to Red at the top of the stairs and change your party.

I'm sure there's more later on.
Do you have a save I can test with?

Darkside

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021-03-14 23:49:44 »
https://gofile.io/d/ZzuWTc

Here's the Costa Del Sol Glitch. Just exit the town.

petfriendamy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2021-03-15 21:05:58 »
Alright, got those two issues sorted out. Also fixed a couple of cutscenes that didn't get skipped correctly. Let me know if you have any more issues!