Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 999549 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
[PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)
« on: 2010-04-02 16:08:36 »
Black Chocobo

Black Chocobo is a Final Fantasy 7 save game editor written in Qt. Available for Windows, Linux + Mac Os. A Full Featured Save Editor

Current Features
  • Open All Kinds Of FF7 Saves ,PC, Psx ,Emulator Formats PS3, PSP, Switch
  • Will automatically detect 2012 steam saves and update your metadata.xml
  • Automatic Signing of ps3 and psp / psvita files
  • New Game + from your old saves
  • Import/Export Character stat files
  • Convert FF7 Save Game Formats And Regions.
  • Extract Non FF7 Saves From memcard images
  • Slot Management Copy/Paste and Import slots to Saves
  • Edit Chars, Chocobo, Items/Materia
  • Edit: In-Game Options
  • Edit:Quest Progression
  • Set Chars In The PHS pool (bring aeris back or have a cloudless party)
  • Edit your save location
  • Currently in 6 languages. English , Spanish , French, German, Polish and Japanese.
  • Edit Achievements for 2012/Steam versions

Downloads
The "Continuous" Release is recommended for all users

Project Links
Github
User Manual (Historical Only, Needs Updating)
Change Log (Historical Only)
Support this project

Comments , suggestions, help , always welcome :)
« Last Edit: 2023-12-27 13:20:37 by sithlord48 »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
[HELP] Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-02 19:35:15 »
How did you do to not use QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll?
« Last Edit: 2010-06-07 15:57:34 by obesebear »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-02 19:48:06 »
How did you do to not use QtCore4.dll and QtGui4.dll?
i have recompiled qt to be static and theirfore they are built in to the exe.
more info
i basicly the same thing w/ the mac version . the linux version is the only one not staticly built.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-02 22:08:15 »
I don't like to do that, recompile Qt takes lot of time :|.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-02 23:01:38 »
Another Python fan?

What's QT like to use?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-03 00:01:09 »
I don't like to do that, recompile Qt takes lot of time :|.
yes it sure does.

Another Python fan?

What's QT like to use?
python .>>>? no not at all *there are qt binding for python so you could use it with python if you wanted to
using qt is like using c++ with some extra headers (cause thats bascily what it is) . i also use Qtcreator their free ide i like it , kinda like VB but using C++, and if vb was availble for other then windows..

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-03 13:20:53 »
I like where you're going with it, but the battles count on the "other" tab shouldn't be capped at 99.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-11 12:18:53 »
This is a really good program sithlord48, Keep up the good work.
I have noticed 1 small thing though. You cant use vincent or cait sith until you have unlocked them in game. if you try to add them to your party before hand using BlackChocobo it names "Vincent" as "Sephiroth" and Cait Sith as "Cloud" and they dont appear in battle and their health bar dies (i tested this at the first save point in the game and again on the world map for the first time after leaving Midgar)
But this only seems to apply to Vincent and Cait Sith.
Cid,Yuffie,Barret,Tifa,Aries,RedXIII, seem to work fine.

EDIT- also i thought you might be interested, i have been looking at trying to hex edit items (amounts of items) in the items menu and i have noticed that the limit for items isnt 99 it seems to be 127
the game stops you at 99 (0xC6) but if you push 127 (0xFE) the game will display 127 and will even save this to a save file.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-11 12:39:30 by kranmer »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-11 15:14:43 »
@ kranmer , i have yet to check the char flag (char record offset 0x0) checks yet and untill kalm flash back vincent == Sephiroth , and cait = young cloud.
, as for the item limit i have thought about raising it to 127 just have not done so yet, do u think i should ? i would only need to change the limit of the sb (since the progam would handle the rest)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-11 15:27:04 »
Well i dont really think more then 99 is needed since 28 more items wouldnt make that much difference if your hacking a save to give yourself lots of items anyway. Anyway choice is completely yours i just wasnt sure if you where aware (which it looks like you was). Anyway keep up the good work, i look forward to future versions of this.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-11 15:47:50 »
i mainly decided to leave itj @ 99 since amounts over that cause a gfx glitch in the menu (not a big deal but for now i left that option off.) today i will work on among other things the char flag, cause that is kinda annoying.. besides once i hit 1.0 i will release the source and you all can tweak what ever you want (and hopefullly i get some good code to add back)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-11 17:10:00 »
@ kranmer , i have yet to check the char flag (char record offset 0x0) checks yet and untill kalm flash back vincent == Sephiroth , and cait = young cloud.

I've tested this a little. It has weird effects on the limit bar in battle, but I don't see many other effects. It's somewhere to start at least. It might even have an effect on the char AI scripts. Whether it effects which one's they are associated with or how the scripts determine which character is in the battle, I'm not sure.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #12 on: 2010-04-11 18:03:40 »
i put in the ability to play w/ those flags in the case of them being young cloud or sephiroth , lets just say its a path to breaking your save really quick (so for now if there detected cait and vincent are locked for editing). well see how i progress but for now its a case not handling the data in a proper way (such as not setting new name and weapon) so  untill i get the text back in to ff7format i can't really play with it cause even setting the weapon correctly i still break on the name change..also sephiroth just as useless as he is in the flash back w/ his AI and inability to change equipment/materia. so i might just leave him out of the that party options all together , testing w/ young cloud prove to be a little better as he is just a cloud clone(lol copy of a copy) so im undecided on if i will include the option for him.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-04-11 19:11:53 »
Hey, I think I found a bug -- and for what its worth, it happens in Jenova too.

Every time I try to add a new Ramuh Materia to my stock, the game thinks I added a Titan materia to my stock instead.  I don't know if this is a case of getting the materia IDs mixed up, but it is quite odd that it would go undetected for so long, as Jenova's got the same problem as well.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #14 on: 2010-04-11 22:06:29 »
i have yea there backwards... ok i fixed it either way , thanks for the catch :)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-04-12 21:46:52 »
Are you including the features that the German FF7SaveEdit has that Jenova doesn't? If so, I'll be using your editor from now on I think. It's looking great.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Future Home Of Black Chocobo User Guide/FAQ
« Reply #16 on: 2010-04-12 22:25:42 »
<<<<<<<< USER GUIDE HELP STUFF HERE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PSX save game exports MUST be saved as "BASCUS-94163FF7-SXX" where XX is 01-15 (depending on icon desired).You will also need a way to put the save back on the memory card, such as a dex drive or other memory card reader.It is also possible to use a PS2 w/ ulanuchElf. (thats what i do).

<<<<<<<<Some Questions I've Gotten or the FAQ Section>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Q:: I Used Black Chocobo and now <some event> crashes the game or does not work correctly...
A1:: You have used v1.2 to save your file, Please update to at least 1.2.1 (this behavior is a know bug in that version)
A2:: You were messing w/ save location/quest progression carelessly. Next time don't be so careless.

Q:: How Do you edit Eskills???
A:: click on a Eskill Materia to edit its skills. this can also now be done with materia in equiptment.

Q::I can open a psv but i can't save it.. what gives.?
A::umm. yea sorry about that one day perhaps i'll get it right untill then here is a Workaround to get them on the ps3

Q::None of this has helped me
A::You can get help on the Help Thread

« Last Edit: 2010-06-20 19:16:55 by sithlord48 »

Voltaire

« Reply #17 on: 2010-04-13 00:27:07 »
Hi I'm new here...and I'm already having a noob problem

So I'm using the PCSX emulator to play FFVII on a MacBook. I've downloaded this editor, and I've tried to load the slot 1 save file by going to "open save file" in Black Chocobo and selecting SYSTEM.CNF, which is located on the disc. When I do this, the screen to choose which save slot you want to edit appears; however instead of seeing the only save file I have in slot 1, the first save point of the game (No. 1 Reactor, Cloud Lv 7 w/ Barret in party, 42 minutes of gameplay time since I left it on while I was eating dinner), the slot 1 file lists the party as having no one in it, Lv 92, and 1,026,E09 gil.

Am I looking for the save files in the wrong place? If so, could someone tell me the file path? If not, am I doing something else wrong? Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #18 on: 2010-04-13 00:38:23 »
well first off thanks for trying it .. , you don't want system.cnf,
you would want the save from your memory card. but i have yet to start working on psx saves.  i plan to do that soon after my 1.0 goals but for now black chocobo is a pc only save editor.

EDIT:response to below : im not sure where your files would be , but there is only one type right now that black chocobo understands and its .ff7 (a pc save)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-13 04:28:07 by sithlord48 »

Voltaire

« Reply #19 on: 2010-04-13 02:07:49 »
well first off thanks for trying it .. , you don't want system.cnf,
you would want the save from your memory card. but i have yet to start working on psx saves.  i plan to do that soon after my 1.0 goals but for now black chocobo is a pc only save editor.

Oh, I see. Well, just for the sake of experimentation, where on my hard drive would those saves be located? I can't seem to find them anywhere...

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #20 on: 2010-04-16 10:49:48 »
Good work there sith. 1 thing concerning usability though. Is it really necessary with those apply buttons? The way I've been breastfed when it comes to buffers, is that they always should update as automatically as possible. The fact that you have to click apply and save may seem confusing for some. I say, when you uncheck/check a checkbox etch, the buffer follows.

For me it's no big deal, and I'm sure no one really cares, but my boss would strangle me to death if I did this lol.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #21 on: 2010-04-16 12:25:00 »
@Voltaire  i have no idea i suspose it depends on how u have the emulator set up , but its part of a "memory card" file.

@gjoerulv, ah the apply buttons (i hate them too), but for the time being they are needed since the data has to be packed in to the vars in a non standard way (depending on the state of all buttons and some also need bitwise opperators to create the value). one day i will switch the buttons to be hidden and triggered automaticly when values change, but for now its just for speed of developing. for now getting the data in correctly to a save is much more important :)

Progress update
+ ability to change "current disc"
+ now processing all chocobos.
+Turtle paradise flyers triggers
+ability to edit chocobos in the "pen" at the farm.
+GUI modifications / a lot to chocobos area

look for the new version with in the next few days.

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #22 on: 2010-04-17 22:36:07 »
For some reason I can't run the program ???

Using Linux Ubuntu 9.10, 32-Bit, x86 architecture. Or am I executing it the wrong way? I'm using Linux nearly one year now, but I have to learn a lot more x)

So, how should I run it? Just double-clicking doesn't work :P And I can't run it from the terminal either- what am I doing wrong, what should I type in the terminal x)

Thanks for help,

- Deniz

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #23 on: 2010-04-18 02:33:11 »
d33enz you will need to install libQt (since you use ubuntu w/ Gnome it does not come with it)

for ubuntu you will want to install both libqtcore4 and libqtgui4 (you can do so in synaptic or with a by running
Code: (run in terminal) [Select]
sudo apt-get install libqtcore4 libqtgui4
edit: it seams that ubuntu 9.10 does not have the qt 4.6.2 libarys in the repos their 4.5.3 so you will have to install the ones from the lucid repo
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libqtcore4 <- for core
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libqtgui4 <-for gui
 there seam to be some dependcy issues. when trying to install those on 9.10 since it needs some more updated packages,the good news you can install lucid beta w/ a simple distupgrade , beta now but due out monday or tuesday of next week, or you can install the kubuntu-desktop package, then upgrade it to kde 4.4.1 with the ppa (see www.kubuntu.org for the anouncement). if you have not ever used kde it might be worth checking out (you pick your shell via the sessions menu at you log in screen)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-18 03:09:51 by sithlord48 »

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #24 on: 2010-04-18 09:41:04 »
deniz@d3:~$ sudo apt-get install libqtcore4 libqtgui4
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut       
Lese Status-Informationen ein... Fertig
libqtcore4 ist schon die neueste Version.
libqtgui4 ist schon die neueste Version.
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
deniz@d3:~$

I already have the "newest" versions of those packages :)

Oh, yeah, I installed the KDE-Desktop a long time ago- but deleted it, I forgot why... well I'll install it and start it from kubuntu ;P