Author Topic: [FFVII STEAM] Possible to engineer 1-1, 1-2, ..., limit breaks for Cait Sith?  (Read 2512 times)

CoolMitten

• View Profile
I was wondering if anyone has attempted to do this. Cait Sith mildly feels like an afterthought in context of the development of the game. I want to make him more viable and specialized, starting with editing his limit breaks. I discovered a tool that seems to allow this, but unfortunately, the author became busy, and has not updated functionality for Steam 2012 version.

I've seen videos of Sephiroth with various limit breaks, so I'm wondering if Cait Sith's engineering, e.g. character model, miscellaneous parameters, etc., prohibits this from becoming accomplished? It would interesting to see him, stylistically, be more representative of the other characters in their limit break developmental structure. Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
I've tried it; adding a 1-2 worked fine, but 2-1 onwards seem to be hard-coded to activate Slots reels. You can probably use any of his Slot outcomes for a 1-2 (not tested all of them, only Transform and Toy Soldier). I think I tried to add a 1-3 as well but it didn't work out.

CoolMitten

• View Profile
Oh wow! Very interesting. I assume that his 3-1, 3-2, and hypothetical 4-1 would also be hard-coded to never yield a result/remain null.