Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839918 times)

Berub

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.4)
« Reply #9925 on: 2020-07-31 23:59:22 »
That looks pretty cool; a tool I'm assuming?
I cheated, I decompiled Proud Clod and Wall Market to know how to read the bin files.
Proud Clod was cool but searching for items took too much time.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9926 on: 2020-08-01 00:10:33 »
I cheated, I decompiled Proud Clod and Wall Market to know how to read the bin files.
Proud Clod was cool but searching for items took too much time.

Yeah, that's a feature that PrC could really do with; maybe NFITC1 will have an item search in the new build they're working on.

vcvcvc12

• View Profile
« Reply #9927 on: 2020-08-01 01:07:01 »
On the 2.0.4 patch, I'm getting an error when I try to enter the Beginner's Hall in Midgar. It's just popping up a text box saying an unknown exception has occurred and then crashing to the menu that appears in the Steam version before the actual game. If it helps:
Progressionwise, I've just gotten Tifa and saved in the Sector 7 Slums, one screen away from the buildings.
I did the 2.0.4 patch over a game that already had the 2.0.1 patch applied.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.5)
« Reply #9928 on: 2020-08-01 02:37:51 »
The field seemed to be corrupted (it's rare, but can happen sometimes after making edits). I've put up a patch for it.

In order to keep the catalog from causing problems with the auto-update, and to cut down on the frequency of uploads/downloads, I'll wait until the next day before uploading the next set of fixes for 2.0.6. If someone encounters an issue that causes them to become stuck, or would mess up their savemap, then I'll see what I can do.

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9929 on: 2020-08-01 08:05:52 »
After the Turk fight during the Midgar Raid Rude runs in the wrong direction, softlocking the game
Save: https://mega.nz/file/vRhXWQjQ#mK9RhIrfVhvQh7dZxZxSxSQxTyVKv5WnHco94Z8HJHc

Clouddddddd

• View Profile
« Reply #9930 on: 2020-08-01 12:04:42 »
Hi, just created this Qhimm profile to notify on any possible bugs as I play your new NT 2.0.5.. It may be a vanilla problem or a 7th heaven problem, but the game seems to not save controller configuration and goes back to default every time I load up the game. Any way related to the mod, maybe? Sorry if this is not the correct, channel and thanks. !

Edit.
Sorry, I forgot about the square enix launcher.

Edit edit.
Again, sorry. Just googled my problem and found the solution. Sorry again.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-01 12:19:31 by Clouddddddd »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: 2020-08-01 12:48:55 »
After the Turk fight during the Midgar Raid Rude runs in the wrong direction, softlocking the game
Save: https://mega.nz/file/vRhXWQjQ#mK9RhIrfVhvQh7dZxZxSxSQxTyVKv5WnHco94Z8HJHc

I think I know what's caused it, for now you'll need to do the Turks event with Tifa in your party.

Hi, just created this Qhimm profile to notify on any possible bugs as I play your new NT 2.0.5.. It may be a vanilla problem or a 7th heaven problem, but the game seems to not save controller configuration and goes back to default every time I load up the game. Any way related to the mod, maybe? Sorry if this is not the correct, channel and thanks. !

Edit.
Sorry, I forgot about the square enix launcher.

Edit edit.
Again, sorry. Just googled my problem and found the solution. Sorry again.

No worries. Just for anyone reading this with the same issue, 7h overrides the controller config on start-up so you need to set your keybinds and save them in Settings > Controls rather than in-game.

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: 2020-08-01 18:21:52 »
Playing 2.0.5 now, I went back to costa del sol after finishing the desert prison episode (couldn't afford osmose the first time, broke little me), and I found Vincent standing around in the basement of the villa where the items are... that's probably a bug?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: 2020-08-01 18:31:10 »
Playing 2.0.5 now, I went back to costa del sol after finishing the desert prison episode (couldn't afford osmose the first time, broke little me), and I found Vincent standing around in the basement of the villa where the items are... that's probably a bug?

I'll add a check on there so he isn't visible there until recruited.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: 2020-08-02 00:53:46 »
I made it out of Midgar and have to commend you again for a job well done, having a bunch of slots and Materia to play with early on has been great, and I especially like the split of Magic materia into +Mag vs +Str.

Now it's time for my favorite grindy party composition, cover/support Cloud, Dex-stacked Tifa, and caster Aerith. I do notice the healing staff having been toned down significantly, which is probably for the best. Does it behave like a normal physical attack such that back row and Defend and Barrier reduce its effectiveness?

The dialogue changes have been great as well. Rufus' speech stood out as making much more sense than in the OG.

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: 2020-08-02 01:10:52 »
hello. Didn't know there was the 2.0.5 version, I'm currently playing 1.5. Am I missing a lot of stuff?

and actually I wanted to make a question, it's about the old guy sleeping in a bunker near junon, you access there through the buggy. My question is if there is more than just the mythril and bolt ring that he gave me right away, since he counts my fights and escapes just like the original version. I already battled like, 177 times and escaped 55 to see if there was a reaction from him and nothing...Thanks, this mod is amazing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: 2020-08-02 02:46:53 »
I made it out of Midgar and have to commend you again for a job well done, having a bunch of slots and Materia to play with early on has been great, and I especially like the split of Magic materia into +Mag vs +Str.

Now it's time for my favorite grindy party composition, cover/support Cloud, Dex-stacked Tifa, and caster Aerith. I do notice the healing staff having been toned down significantly, which is probably for the best. Does it behave like a normal physical attack such that back row and Defend and Barrier reduce its effectiveness?

The dialogue changes have been great as well. Rufus' speech stood out as making much more sense than in the OG.

Aeris' healing staves now use a physical formula, so her strength (and Level) increases the healing done; I thought that would make for more interesting build options and make Strength/Luck still potentially useful on a caster Aeris. I think that Defend and Barrier will unfortunately reduce the healing done, but Row won't affect it as it's treated as a ranged attack. What I've noticed though is that they don't have the defence-ignore flag, so I'll add that to the 2.06 patch on Sunday.

hello. Didn't know there was the 2.0.5 version, I'm currently playing 1.5. Am I missing a lot of stuff?

and actually I wanted to make a question, it's about the old guy sleeping in a bunker near junon, you access there through the buggy. My question is if there is more than just the mythril and bolt ring that he gave me right away, since he counts my fights and escapes just like the original version. I already battled like, 177 times and escaped 55 to see if there was a reaction from him and nothing...Thanks, this mod is amazing

2.0 should be considered a separate mod to an extent, as the way balancing has been done and the enemy roster + content differ.

The sleeping man doesn't have anything else, he just gives you both items right away as a QoL change. His scripts are otherwise unchanged so he continues to track your battles, escapes, etc.

This is what I've got so far for the 2.06 patch going up on Sunday:

Spoiler: show

V2.0.6 - 2/08/2020
*) Midgar Raid: Placement of Rude could cause a sotflock under certain conditions.
*) Costa Del Sol: Vincent was visible before his recruitment in the Villa basement.
*) Aeris: Added some missing animation files to the char.lgp for Installer version.
*) Aeris: Healing staves have been given the ignore-defence property.
*) Shinra HQ: Some text box alignments & animation speed settings.

On Monday, 2.07 will have the Type B game unlocked. I'll also need to figure something out for the Gil part of Yuffie's innate on Hard Mode.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-02 02:52:08 by Sega Chief »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: 2020-08-02 06:29:34 »
I swapped in Yuffie for Tifa (it's easy to get 255 Dex with Yuffie with just a Boomerang and 4 Command Materia) and gave Aeris a regular staff with more Materia slots for now. Just did the Bottomswell fight, is it intentional that the only way to steal from it is via Yuffie's Mug counterattack? Normal Steal attempts fail with the "Can't reach" message.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: 2020-08-02 08:06:13 »
I swapped in Yuffie for Tifa (it's easy to get 255 Dex with Yuffie with just a Boomerang and 4 Command Materia) and gave Aeris a regular staff with more Materia slots for now. Just did the Bottomswell fight, is it intentional that the only way to steal from it is via Yuffie's Mug counterattack? Normal Steal attempts fail with the "Can't reach" message.

use long range weapons will help :)

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: 2020-08-02 10:11:57 »
Playing through 2.0.5 really slowly, enjoying every bit of it, I noticed one thing in terms of the balancing though:

The Boomerang is a crazy good weapon for when you get it, especially if you steal it in the forests before Junon:
Its +75 Dex boost is incredibly good, its bolt-element is strong against 2 of the 3 upcoming bosses (bottomswell and the optional in Corel), and the paralysis hits what feels like half of the bosses I've encountered up until Cosmo Canyon. The only place the weapon had to be put off was in the corel pass, bc of the thunderbirds, but as you find the windslash on the boat, you have a very strong weapon against those to replace with.

I feel like this weapon almost trivialises this part of the game a bit too much. Not worth an emergency-nerf, but maybe something to consider in the long run.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: 2020-08-02 13:46:37 »

I checked it vs a default kernel and seems that I tried to make it long range initially, as its been set to command target data with the short range flag left off but this doesn't seem to have done the trick. I think I changed it from weapon target data to command data due to Barret's guns as he'd be able to steal from all enemies from the get-go.

Playing through 2.0.5 really slowly, enjoying every bit of it, I noticed one thing in terms of the balancing though:

The Boomerang is a crazy good weapon for when you get it, especially if you steal it in the forests before Junon:
Its +75 Dex boost is incredibly good, its bolt-element is strong against 2 of the 3 upcoming bosses (bottomswell and the optional in Corel), and the paralysis hits what feels like half of the bosses I've encountered up until Cosmo Canyon. The only place the weapon had to be put off was in the corel pass, bc of the thunderbirds, but as you find the windslash on the boat, you have a very strong weapon against those to replace with.

I feel like this weapon almost trivialises this part of the game a bit too much. Not worth an emergency-nerf, but maybe something to consider in the long run.

Paralysis itself is a very strong status so perhaps this needs to be changed for something else. I'll leave it as-is for now, and keep it for my notes.

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: 2020-08-02 15:10:34 »
I've run into a couple NPCs so far with weird long pauses before their text boxes show up.  Each time it happened I was afraid the game had crashed.  The two southern vendors in the Sector 5 slums have a moderate pause, and the Wall Market dressmaker when talked to inside his shop has a crazy long pause.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: 2020-08-02 15:36:37 »
Hey SagaChief (or litterally anyone who has worked this out)

Let's talk battle 7 in the battle square. 3 mobs, all with high agility and ridiculous physical damage output. Here is what happens every time I try to do the Disc 2/3 battle arena; every time.

Full HP - Barret, 218 initial defense less roulette modifiers; Full Stack Defense+ from Innate Ability.

Enemy Turn - Sham Seal - 1900 damage
Enemy Turn - Enemy Skill Whirlwind Gale - 1100 damage

Death.

I have tried Barrier, High Agility to get first turn, Counter Hades --> Added Effect + Counter Attack for random sleep and confuse, and Ultima --> Magic Counter.

Every time, every time, the battle ends at round 7. Any advice on how to mitigate this stage consistently?

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: 2020-08-02 15:49:08 »
all hail sega chief for 2.0!! yay good work  man!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: 2020-08-02 15:57:54 »
I've run into a couple NPCs so far with weird long pauses before their text boxes show up.  Each time it happened I was afraid the game had crashed.  The two southern vendors in the Sector 5 slums have a moderate pause, and the Wall Market dressmaker when talked to inside his shop has a crazy long pause.

Think the woman selling items has a main script with like 120-150 frame pauses in it; the line that activates her shop will override it, but if the wait instruction is already running then it can create an awkward pause. Guy with the fridge in the next store is the same, 120-160 frame pauses that may be running when you activate the shop.

Dressmaker in wall market doesn't seem to have any obvious delays on his scripts but there is stuff going on with how events are being handled in there through temporary vars so might be to do with that. I'll make a note of it.

Hey SagaChief (or litterally anyone who has worked this out)

Let's talk battle 7 in the battle square. 3 mobs, all with high agility and ridiculous physical damage output. Here is what happens every time I try to do the Disc 2/3 battle arena; every time.

Full HP - Barret, 218 initial defense less roulette modifiers; Full Stack Defense+ from Innate Ability.

Enemy Turn - Enemy Skill Whirlwind Gale - 1100 damage

Death.

I have tried Barrier, High Agility to get first turn, Counter Hades --> Added Effect + Counter Attack for random sleep and confuse, and Ultima --> Magic Counter.

Every time, every time, the battle ends at round 7. Any advice on how to mitigate this stage consistently?

I'm trying to figure out which formation it is you're referring to; I think its Wind Wings but there's only two formations they appear in with 3 enemies; one is a Wind Wing x2 + Ironite x1, and the other is a pincer with 3x Wind Wings. I renamed Sham Seal to Cyclone Slash to infer its wind element, and I'm guessing 'Enemy Skill Whirlwind Gale' refers to Aero3 maybe? Both of these are magic-based attacks, so MBarrier would be needed instead.

If it's 3x Wind Wings you're fighting, then it sounds like the battle ID from the previous round is off by 1 and loading a pincer instead of the intended 2x Wind Wing and 1x Ironite; if they're first-turning consistently then this would probably be why as enemy ATB starts full in a pincer. I'll have a look at the Battle IDs to see if this is what's happening; it'll need to be fixed if it is as this pincer battle doesn't lead onto an 8th round.

Edit: I can't immediately see a formation pointing to the pincer in the 6th round fights of either bracket. Could you let me know what the enemies look like, and what the 6th round enemies leading to this 7th round fight are/looked like?

Edit2: Forgot to ask, is this 1.5 or 2.0? If it's 1.5 then that'd explain it always being the same 7th round fight + the old attack names.

all hail sega chief for 2.0!! yay good work  man!

Cheers.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-02 16:10:25 by Sega Chief »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9945 on: 2020-08-02 16:17:25 »
I've reached Gongaga in 2.0, and I gotta say I really missed the Lich machine boss from 1.5 :(

I noticed that the Rank Ups didn't have an option to let us freely choose what stat ups we get from a set number of "points", and I recall (but couldn't find where) you said you'd planned to include an option for this. Is this for a later update? Or was this scrapped entirely?

Really excited for Game Type B releasing tomorrow! :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: 2020-08-02 17:26:01 »
I've reached Gongaga in 2.0, and I gotta say I really missed the Lich machine boss from 1.5 :(

I noticed that the Rank Ups didn't have an option to let us freely choose what stat ups we get from a set number of "points", and I recall (but couldn't find where) you said you'd planned to include an option for this. Is this for a later update? Or was this scrapped entirely?

Really excited for Game Type B releasing tomorrow! :D

I've a feeling that guy is hanging around somewhere, just maybe not in that 'timeline'.

I remember you asking for a means of picking Sources manually, and am still planning to do it but I held off for now due to time.

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: 2020-08-02 17:39:10 »
Hey Sega, I've just updated to the latest version, and stats on the Materia are drastically different. All Green Materia all have positive stats. All the Materia seems to be more positive than negative.

Equipping a Sense gives me +10 Dex and +5 Luck, but that's the only different one from all the other Command Materia I have, the rest increase Strength and Dex and decrease Magic and MaxMP.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-02 17:40:42 by EternalLykaios »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: 2020-08-02 19:05:12 »
I've a feeling that guy is hanging around somewhere, just maybe not in that 'timeline'.
Looking forward for that other 'timeline' and seeing what other fun and creative bosses are in store there! ;D

I remember you asking for a means of picking Sources manually, and am still planning to do it but I held off for now due to time.
oh neat! totally understandable to put it off, given current world problems, and all the other hard work you've put into this mod :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: 2020-08-02 19:12:25 »
Hey Sega, I've just updated to the latest version, and stats on the Materia are drastically different. All Green Materia all have positive stats. All the Materia seems to be more positive than negative.

Equipping a Sense gives me +10 Dex and +5 Luck, but that's the only different one from all the other Command Materia I have, the rest increase Strength and Dex and decrease Magic and MaxMP.

Those are the intended values; it sounds like the install you had before updating was running on an unpatched .exe. That shouldn't affect anything within the save file though so all should be well.