Author Topic: [WIP] Advent Children Style Remodel [with demo videos]  (Read 54215 times)

NameSpoofer

Re: [WIP] Advent Children Style Remodel [with demo videos]
« Reply #25 on: 2009-02-09 20:01:54 »
This is likely an "underground" project so you guys shouldnt expect it to be released publicly

Thanks SW you have pointed out the obvious fact  :-D

About my videos I use fraps 2.9 full version. Overall its quite decent except that the midi sound effects ( slashing, exploding etc.. ) is extremely bad just like its tearing your ears. So I have to mute video and add new music. But thats fine for me.

Also some minor updates I make. Personally I prefer the first set of avatars but in my final version I will include two sets of avatars.
Also Barret equip him with a Slash-All material from the start so now hes unstoppable  :-D. And some texts changes as well ( geostigma, first tsurugi etc.. )

Also I realize that this mod needs some new FMVs. I will tweak some clips from AC and AC complete trailer we will see how things go.

Also Im working on the new title screen of the mod. I will draw it myself and edit in photoshop  :-D

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-02-09 21:59:30 »
looks awesome  :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-02-09 22:14:48 by Ganzaa »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-02-10 00:19:38 »
Wow, this mod is awesome, can't wait for it.

I got a couple of Questions though:

1. Do the models work on software rendering mode? Because even with the patch using Direct3D on TNT gives me these wierd Graphical glitches which are okay or non-existant in some areas, but extremely bad in others like the bike room in wonder square of GS, probably because i have an 8800 gt video card, so i gotta use software (unless there's a way to fix this for 8800 series cards)

2. Could you make the original cloud costume, but with the AC head from kh2 on it? because i think that would be the best, unless it's already done, then disregard this one (I just think the AC cloud's face from KH2 looks really good, alot like the movie)
like this:

3. Also if you can, could you make a Tifa with the original costume but the AC face?
like this:

(2 and 3 are obviously completely up to you, don't want to be pushy.)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-02-10 12:33:35 »
Hi there, I installed this to a T from the instructions when I first recieved it, didn't seem to do anything.

Today is the first chance I've had to play since then so I reinstalled using the instructions in the readme and I've still only got the AC cloud that I installed before this mod. None of the other characters seem to have changed at all. Is this maybe a fault with the installer?

Because I managed to install Apz's Cloud without any issues. I can assure you I did everything the instructions told me to do. I also had to run it as an administrator because I'm on Vista.

NameSpoofer

« Reply #29 on: 2009-02-10 19:50:02 »
Okay guys I found my old sketch from last year and edited for a while.

I scan it to the computer now, not too proud of the quality though. Its just a pencil sketch, but maybe with some photoshop I will make it look good. Hopefully it will make a good opening screen.

Also I am showing you guys a sketch my friend tidus209000 drew. Its beautiful  :-D

And finally I have to tell you guys that I have decided that the full version of my mod will be ready on the day which Advent Children Complete is officially released. I want to make this mod as a dedication to FF7 Advent Children.  :-D

I will post more updates.

Is this maybe a fault with the installer?

No. The fault lies within you. Re-read the readme.txt of the beta patch.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-02-10 20:22:51 »
when u have some free time, try to take a look at ur email's inbox  :-)
i sent u a  beta patch request

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-02-10 22:01:10 »

When he wants to release it, he will release it. Don't bug him.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-02-10 23:09:09 »

bug him? i just said i sent a beta request lol, he will release it when he can or when he wants ofc. its his work and a free one.

i believe u should start reading a bit better, i said "when u have some free time"

NameSpoofer

« Reply #33 on: 2009-02-11 20:20:29 »
1. Do the models work on software rendering mode? Because even with the patch using Direct3D on TNT gives me these wierd Graphical glitches which are okay or non-existant in some areas, but extremely bad in others like the bike room in wonder square of GS, probably because i have an 8800 gt video card, so i gotta use software (unless there's a way to fix this for 8800 series cards)

2. Could you make the original cloud costume, but with the AC head from kh2 on it? because i think that would be the best, unless it's already done, then disregard this one (I just think the AC cloud's face from KH2 looks really good, alot like the movie)
like this:

Well Bloodshot to answer your first question, I think it depends. For my pc when I choose Software Rendering some textures still display correctly but vincent and tifa's textures are corrupted. So just try and see.

The second question, if im not wrong, then Silver Wings has a cloud model which is exactly as you describe. But I don't know if he will send you that model. Apz's cloud model is there for you to use. Besides I believe that slayernext, weemus and squeeble also have an original cloud model. I also made one for myself a while ago  :-D

I might consider doing some models with their original style, but first my priority is to finish the AC Mod. After im done with the mod and im not too fed up with modding, I might do some  :-D. But I have to finish this mod first.

With some editing in photoshop the sketch I draw looks much better. That will be the opening screen for the mod.  8-)

when u have some free time, try to take a look at ur email's inbox

Don't worry I save the email with the beta patch as a draft in my mailbox. So I can send to 20+ people at once. Just takes me 1-2 min to do it.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-16 03:59:29 by NameSpoofer »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-02-11 21:26:46 »
Also I found someone re-model Tifa with original style but I have no idea who did it but I have seen his video. Its well done.

That looks like the one weemus was making a while ago, dunno if he released it though.

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-02-12 12:25:11 »

bug him? i just said i sent a beta request lol, he will release it when he can or when he wants ofc. its his work and a free one.

i believe u should start reading a bit better, i said "when u have some free time"

Whoopsie! I missed the part saying that he was giving out Beta's. xD
I apologise

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-02-12 23:39:56 »
Well Bloodshot to answer your first question, I think it depends. For my pc when I choose Software Rendering some textures still display correctly but vincent and tifa's textures are corrupted. So just try and see.

The second question, if im not wrong, then Silver Wings has a cloud model which is exactly as you describe. But I don't know if he will send you that model. Apz's cloud model is there for you to use. Besides I believe that slayernext, weemus and squeeble also have an original cloud model. I also made one for myself a while ago  :-D

Thanks for the info, and by the way about fraps recordings messing up horribly with the sound, what renderer do you use when you record? Because i get the same problem if i try to record on direct3D, but if i switch to software, sound and video are fine. I don't know if its the same for you, but its just a suggestion.

EDIT:

I just installed the full version, and when recording it seems to drop my fps down to 7, what fps setting are you using to record, and also, maybe the sound would work in the demo version, since the demo version of fraps records FF7 vids fine for me. But then again, im sure you would rather be able to record non-stop than put together a buch of 30 second clips in WMM
« Last Edit: 2009-02-12 23:47:38 by bloodshot »

NameSpoofer

« Reply #37 on: 2009-02-16 04:07:33 »
Minor update: Battle to field conversion

Cloud, Cid and Aerith work fine in game ( jacket thanks to SW) but Tifa crashes everytime she appears. Have to figure out what the problem is.

I have done some new cutscenes too but gotta fix them a bit. When im done ( probably next week ) I will post them up here.

polaris_027

« Reply #38 on: 2009-02-16 09:49:40 »
yay! that's goin to be great!

wnt

« Reply #39 on: 2009-02-17 02:48:37 »
I'm really amazed how could you do those things with FF7 engine, especially Tifa looks great and Cloud, Barret and Cid should be remade.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-02-25 23:44:41 »
Also I found someone re-model Tifa with original style but I have no idea who did it but I have seen his video. Its well done.

Ey! That's my Tifa (With Hunter's body) XD
I'm glad you like it

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-02-25 23:54:39 »

I'm glad you like it

Gotta say man its awesome best tifa ive ever seen in her ff7 attire any chance you will ever release it?

also Namespoofer great work on these models can't wait till you release em!

jc1993

« Reply #42 on: 2009-03-08 13:22:58 »
could you send me the models you changed for the battle and field models plz
[email protected]
thx in advance! ^^
(or just send me the whole thing would be better)

NameSpoofer

« Reply #43 on: 2009-03-11 19:34:57 »
Hello
I stop sending beta patches already because there are too many requests I just can't manage to send all
But many people here have my mod, so you can ask them to send it to you.

polaris_027

« Reply #44 on: 2009-03-11 22:11:14 »
Hello
I stop sending beta patches already because there are too many requests I just can't manage to send all
But many people here have my mod, so you can ask them to send it to you.
hey are you still continuing this mod? i went to your site and it required me an id and a password..why is that?

EDIT:
oh..just went to your site and it didn't anymore..please delete this..
« Last Edit: 2009-03-11 22:14:40 by polaris_027 »

Jamers

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-03-12 04:54:44 »
Awesome mod, can't wait for release!  :evil:

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-03-16 21:11:01 »

I'm glad you like it

Is this a finished model?
It look really amazing!!

polaris_027

« Reply #47 on: 2009-03-22 06:33:31 »
i got your advent children mod and i noticed that barret's attacks are always set to melee even for his long range weapons..i think that was left out from your turks mode when you swapped him for rude..is this going to be fixed in the next release?

knight1120

« Reply #48 on: 2009-03-27 04:25:55 »
ei polaris pahinge ng mod mod hehehe.... ta e ng mga tao d2 ang ddmot eh ayaw mag send ng mga bagong mod hehehe
« Last Edit: 2009-03-27 04:29:28 by kula_wende »

knight1120

« Reply #49 on: 2009-03-27 04:30:57 »
ei polaris gawa tau ng mga bagong model sa ff7 alam mo ba kung paano??