Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 [SINGLE CD EDITION]  (Read 20174 times)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 [SINGLE CD EDITION]
« Reply #25 on: 2004-09-29 09:33:42 »
Well..I can say that If FF7 WAS ported to the GBA, I would buy it :D:D

Sounds a good concept...only problem is getting it on there  -_-

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2004-09-29 14:20:58 »
That would be really cool! FF7 on GBA!! Oh, well... Squeenix wouldn't even bother. :weep:
So let go Neos, let go... :(
gone.

fa_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2004-09-29 16:00:44 »
Quote from: bomer
OK, this is mostly for warez, but www.uharc.com can compress 2gb of data to 300 mb

the ulitma edition is 1.2 gb. am i wrong or isn't this version made with uharc?

PumpkinPieman

• View Profile
    • http://PumpkinPieman.blogspot.com
« Reply #28 on: 2004-09-29 20:57:55 »
Quote from: halkun
I have a GBA dev kit. It would be fun to make a demo of the original demo just to see if it's even possable.
Where do you go about getting dev kits? I want to get one for my N64. :)

bomer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2004-09-30 01:56:19 »
Quote from: fa_pa
Quote from: bomer
OK, this is mostly for warez, but www.uharc.com can compress 2gb of data to 300 mb

the ulitma edition is 1.2 gb. am i wrong or isn't this version made with uharc?

Not sure :lol: but I no C&C Generals is 1.2 gig and compressed to 200 mb, and Similiar with Vice city, and Halo and What not. I have the Ultima Editon, but I have yet to install it as My FF7 works fine :) No need

bomer

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2004-09-30 01:59:16 »
OH that link was bad... http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/2/2-41.shtml If Your interested... Does any1 know If Ultima editon uses UHARC?

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2004-09-30 21:37:57 »
Porting FF7 requires the gears project to be completed. Then  you have to make an engine to run the data.  Considering the GBA has 256K of slow ram 32K of fast ram and 32M of ROM space, I think things are a BIT tight.  :lol:

N64 DevKit -> big bucks and not really that useful anymore, though I suppose with modern FPGA's this is easily done. You need to have the 'unlock' chip to get it to work.

GBA DevKit.  The reaal one is a big circuit board with a big memory device. It also has some sort of way to handle real time debugging in situ.  Again a fair chunk of change. However go to here to find more out.

Cyb

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2004-10-20 20:49:11 »
I don't understand why do you find it so hard to fit the entier FF7 in one CD. In fact, I did it about two yeras ago. It's esay:
   - Get the FF7 PSX version.
   - Use one of those PSX video viewers to convert it to DivX 3.11 FastMotion (and MP3 for the sound). I tried other codecs and newer versions of DivX and none of them worked (the game just skiped the videos). You may think it will reduce the quality. Well, probabily, but in fact the videos looked horrible in the PC version already. There where one or two videos I couldn't find in the PSX version (no real matter, since those where already small enough). Some videos have different sound in the PSX and the PC version (for example, the one of the ending has no background music in the PSX version). In those cases (rare) you can switch the audio streams using VirtualDub.
   I used the default options of the codec and they looked pretty well. The resulting size of all the videos was a bit higher than 150 Mbs.
   The game won't ask for any CD with the right crack and you can make it get the files from wherever you want editing the windows registry properly.
   Now, if you compress the whole game using WinACE, you can get a file of around 300 Mbs (videos included!). Probabily, it can be even samller using the new 7-Zip.
 NOTE1: The game seems to refuse playing the videos if the codec decoding it isn't EXACTLY DivX 3.11. When you install the DivX codec, it asks if you want it to play also the 3.11 files. If you say no, then the videos will still be played by the old codec.
 NOTE2: Sorry for my bad english :-P.

Trek234

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2004-10-22 05:10:26 »
Quote from: Rubicant
And sell it widely on the black market?! Sure! Then, someone gets ahold of a copy and bitches about it not working. Then, they start complaining to us (instead of Eidos, for legal reasons) about the game not working, and then we get stuck in the middle of a gigantic class action suit. Is that what you want? Is that it?

Oh please.  First of all I'm pretty sure anyone who was going to pirate FF7 would have done so by now.  Usually a pirate doesn't say "Oh gee I'll wait 5+ years before I pirate one of the greatest games of all time.  Maybe one day someone will put it all on one CD.  Yea, I'll wait for that day".  At one point you could pick it up in the bargain bin for $5 too.  Even a pirate will put down $5.

Further, who in the world would start a class action suit over a problem they might have for it "not working"?  Someone with TONS of money to blow?  The LEGIT FF7 doesn't work for a lot of people.  How many law suits have resulted?  Oh that's right - zero.

How would they even have standing to sue?  The software would be (technically) illegal.  That's like stealing a car and then sueing the guy you stole it from when the tire goes flat.  Sorry - it doesn't work that way.

This is just unrealistic hysteria.

Anyway - my opinion on this.  It would probably be easier just to put it on one DVD.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #34 on: 2004-10-22 06:35:41 »
Just let this thread die, okay?

And of all things, you actually think he referred to the pirates suing us? Geesh, talk about trying to find something to rant about...

Trek234

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2004-10-22 16:21:02 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Just let this thread die, okay?

And of all things, you actually think he referred to the pirates suing us? Geesh, talk about trying to find something to rant about...

Still anyone using it couldn't sue... because *anyone* using it (even if they owned the original) would be breaking the EULA.

So no one needs to worry about getting sued.

Locutus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2004-12-21 14:39:12 »
Blank

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #37 on: 2004-12-21 15:07:22 »
I'm going to start handing out warnings...

Locutus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2004-12-21 15:27:53 »
Deleted by author

[edited]

Ok sorry for ressurecting this topic- i have got no idea about rule of old topics
(should have read rules). Again sorry for any trouble, problems... :erm:

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #39 on: 2004-12-21 16:29:05 »
I think he was probably also mad that you brought this topic up when there had been no replies for two months (see the rules).  Also, after he asked in a previous post to let this thread die.

So just... let this thread die.