Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 690749 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Hi all
Some say it's the best mod for Final Fantasy VII

Some say that it's the best thing man has made since sliced bread

All we know it's called NPC-RP v0.7 ooo wait it called FF7-PRP v0.1

FF7-PRP is short Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project

But b4 i give the link out need to say some stuff

(1) This is a call to all on the forum that can make FF7 models. I ask you to join the team to make one or two models

(2) THANKS To Sword & Cazador  of the Qhimm forum for beta tester the patch

(3) I removed all safety check's for this patch, all them will be turned back on in the next patch

Sorry i was so late with this. Been having some pc probs

As all of us on the team are busy now days. The chance of us getting this patch done is slim. So we need some people that can make model's.

What we looking for ?

(1) Model's that are like the ones we have done

(2) some that can make a min of 3 new model's

There are no Pictures right now. I haven't had time to take any
Will take some soon or if you can take some i will put them on the 1st post so people can see them and put your name below the Picture

The patch has some Beta model's in there they won't crash the game tho
Please note that the patch is  HIGHLY Experimental

Ok i been keeping you from Downloading it here we are

1st your going to need a max install of FF7 and in its default location

:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII

( IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GAME SETUP THERE THEN I CAN'T HELP YOU)
Right here we are i got all the bugs i think

time for some Q/A

Q
What mods will work with this one ???

A
None ( The SaiNt Higher Resolution FFVIIPC was going to work with it but i had to pull it )
As of right now but feel free to test what ones will

Q
I get random files on my desktop after the crash lol files named TF2D and similar....i also get a balk text document called apps

A
that was a bug iin V0.1 now FIXED in V0.1.1

Q
What patches do this have in it

A
V1.02 , chocobo patch and the battle crash
( Thank to the forums Wiki Page info and the forum that had so info )

Q
could we get some screens please of the new models ofcourse

A
I was busy fix the bugs and over 100 people downloaded the patch and none posted one Picture
I guess that i have too

Q
Can you host it some where besides filefront

A
Yeah no probs just give me a day or two
Want to see if any bugs in this one

Here is the update as i said

http://files.filefront.com/FF7+PRP+Installerrar/;9917934;/fileinfo.html
A mirror
http://spinningcone.com/ff/stormmedia/FF7-PRP/FF7-PRP_Installer.rar
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 23:00:48 by Covarr »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-26 16:52:42 »
Yeah and im the first one to respond :D

Thank you for the Release!
Im gonna try immediate :)

EDIT: Do you install it the same way as ever?

EDIT2:
OK i installed it.
The patcher installed it to C:\Program Files\... although my game is in D:\Final Fantasy VII.
And the game wont run anymore.
Error messages in APP.LOG:
ERROR: COULD NOT WRITE TO FILE TF2D.P
ERROR: COULD NOT READ FROM FILE TF2D.P
(there are plenty of these)
and at end of file:
Failed to load: D:\Final Fantasy VII\Data\ffprp/char.lgp
the game makes the screen black for a short time then it terminates itself immediate.
NOTE: I have german FF7.

EDIT3:
When i moved the ffprp folder from C:\Program Files\... to my game\data directory, the game runs.
Good job, now my cloud's even on the world map the good model although i have the german game.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-26 17:19:40 by Chrisu »

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-26 17:17:32 »
That's fascinating, congrats on the new release. When I get some free time I'll try my hand at making a few models. I'm entirely new to it but I know what you're looking for, so it might take ages but I should be able to reach the standard. I'm pretty jaded from trying to tinker with the field script anyhow.

EDIT -
Hmm... the patch is a bit troublesome, to say the least. I followed the directions as prescribed in the readme, but had the following problems:

Couldn't enter my menu without crashing.
Starting two guards at beginning were floating in the "KO'ed" position before they were even touched.

I couldn't get any further than the very first fight so that's all I can really report. Is this compatible with the high-resolution patch? I couldn't get that to work.

EDIT 2 -
OK, I backed up my lgp files, then just copied and pasted out of the folder your patch creates to test this further. It seems a LOT of characters have problems ending up in the fallen over position for some unknown reason. It's funny, but not very FF like.

I'm just going to continue to edit this as I find more stuff.
OK, the "knocked over" animation is getting pretty hilarious. Cloud does it at completely inappropriate times. I'm considering changing the text with Loveless and doing a parody of "You Got Served" because everyone in the world looks like they're breakdancing at times.

On a good note, I like Air Buster and I REALLY like the new save point design.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-26 18:27:17 by Tsetra »

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-27 00:55:58 »
THANK YOU!!!!

i downloaded and installed the mod...ive got a few other ones that might be interfering...mods in the "neat complication of mods" pack...except the npc rcp couldn't ever get it to work for me but loved what i could see....

problems ive ran across, the guards when the train comes in are laying down....
crashed in the middle of the first battle, got error report and all that jazz...

so far thats all ive gotten...goina install a fresh copy of ff7 and see how that works, unfortunately ive never done any of this type of modding but ill def. post the errors i encounter...im not being picky just feed back, and thank you again! im so glad to find this project is still alive

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-03-27 05:53:44 »
Amazing, I'll install the patch immediately :D
Although I'm also busy (as always ^^) and bad at modeling , I'll try to give you a hand

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-27 07:43:45 »
One simple question: what is this mod about?  :-)

Thanakil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-03-27 09:28:10 »
Using only the original game with 1.02 patch + chocobo patch (can't make high-res work, it patches the exe just fine and say it made it, but bugs when using it) :
The patch gave me a error message when installing (asked me where the installer was, it was already pointed to it tho) but pressing Ok simply made it continue (the "browsing" space was already pointing to the installer anyway), after that it finished without any hitch.

Starting the game with the FF7prp.exe works fine, I can enter the game and see the new models, but as has already been said, it seems to crash if you open the menu. I'm not using any other mods atm except the two necessary patches (mentioned earlier).
US version of the game. Window XP32bits.

(it's the same result whether or not I use Hardware Accel or Software Renderer)

@Salk : It replaces models with better ones.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-27 09:47:26 by Thanakil »

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-03-27 13:54:43 »
I have 2 problems:
1st FF7-PRP requires CD was in cd-rom
2nd When i copied CHAR.lgp in field folder,and replaced old CHAR file.and tried play without,i saw that Cloud(and some other NPC)model is BROKEN,when he standing,and normal when he moving.

Is it OK?

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-03-27 18:41:53 »
I have 2 problems:
1st FF7-PRP requires CD was in cd-rom
2nd When i copied CHAR.lgp in field folder,and replaced old CHAR file.and tried play without,i saw that Cloud(and some other NPC)model is BROKEN,when he standing,and normal when he moving.

Is it OK?

No CD?
Then I'm going out on the limb here and say you got a pirated verson, which we don't support.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-03-27 19:29:40 »
Or maybe he needs to see the regedit screen :D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-03-27 20:17:50 »
ok people thanks for the buy reports

i have fixed all but the cloud standing bug that just a animate file error if all goes well.by this weekend i will post a update

jimstrom

« Reply #11 on: 2008-03-27 22:09:34 »
please, put it up somwhere else too, my internet associate is in a big mess right now, so i can't even open up filefront, and it bugs me really much.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-03-29 17:01:49 »
can some1 confirm the mods that work with this? i assume the 1.02 patch...does this mod have the chocobo patch in it? or does it need to be downloaded elsewhere?

EDIT: ok so far the best configuration ive found is the 1.02 patch, the saints hi res/chocobo patch, and the yamp patcher....
i still get a crash at the end of the first fight tho....

and i get random files on my desktop after the crash lol files named TF2D and similar....i also get a balk text document called apps
« Last Edit: 2008-03-29 18:15:51 by Swampthing15 »

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-03-30 01:09:05 »

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-03-30 02:51:41 »
If anyone can recommend a good way to take screenshots, I'd be happy to oblige.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-03-30 05:11:15 »
yeah, looks great, but I'm having a crash when I go to another screen, right now, I am in the joining area between the sector 7 station and the slums.  when I leave this screen, everything crashes, anyone else experiencing something similar?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-03-30 11:54:31 »
Right here we are i got all the bugs i think

time for some Q/A

Q
What mods will work with this one ???

A
None ( The SaiNt Higher Resolution FFVIIPC was going to work with it but i had to pull it )
As of right now but feel free to test what ones will

Q
I get random files on my desktop after the crash lol files named TF2D and similar....i also get a balk text document called apps

A
that was a bug iin V0.1 now FIXED in V0.1.1

Q
What patches do this have in it

A
V1.02 , chocobo patch and the battle crash
( Thank to the forums Wiki Page info and the forum that had so info )

Q

A
I was busy fix the bugs and over 100 people downloaded the patch and none posted one Picture
I guess that i have too

Q
Can you host it some where besides filefront

A
Yeah no probs just give me a day or two
Want to see if any bugs in this one

Here is the update as i said

http://files.filefront.com/FF7+PRP+Installerrar/;9917934;/fileinfo.html

Thanakil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-03-30 12:14:39 »
Using v1.02, chocobo patch and mgp (Bike and Snowboard frame limiter) I don't get the "cloud falling on his back all the time" bug anymore, but everything else still happen.
(I had those before applying MGP too, I only installed it today, a few hours before the new PRP version)

So :
Opening the menu still crash (at least for me)
Entering a town doesn't, but entering a new area in it crash the game (something reported by other people previously I think)

(if the images are too big, I'll post the links only)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-03-30 13:23:09 »
Ok 1st if you could try this

use my exe do not apply any patches don't move the files

if that don't work tell me where your game is installed and what game you got as in real, iso's, or downloaded

Thanakil

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-03-30 13:48:52 »
I tried installing the game and not installing anything else, the same thing seem to happen. (can open menu on the world map, cannot open it in a town/cannot change area in a town).
Games installed at C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ (patch at data\ffprp)
Using backup of the physical CD (Iso).

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-03-30 14:16:23 »
ok i just installed the new version, fixed the extra desktop files....but i think it rearanges my desktop lol
also fixed the ppl laying down

the only problem ive found is as soon as the first guard attacks cloud (its been a punch everytime if that helps) the game crashes

im using copied isos of my disks and its installed in the default C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

edit: btw i used a fresh maximum install and did nothing but run the prp exe and i am starting a new game...ive only got 1 saved file and its in the first save point of the game...ive been spending my time to get the mods to work lol
« Last Edit: 2008-03-30 15:00:57 by Swampthing15 »

taodude

« Reply #21 on: 2008-03-30 21:39:03 »
So far, no one has gotten this patch to be playable, right?  Sure we can all start it up, maybe run around the world map, but as soon as we enter the menu or go to a different screen/part of town, it crashes?  I'm like the others up there; i've tried different configurations of patches:  no patches, all patches, some patches, 1.02, 1.00, etc.  I'm just wondering, icecoldman, have you made this work on YOUR computer?  Hehe. :-)

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-03-30 21:41:54 »
lol i dont care if hes gotten it to work on his comp...im just glad that he released it and is working on it...ive been known to mod my fair of games, but the whole graffical char change...i havent tried and im glad ppl like him are still doing it...thx alot man

taodude

« Reply #23 on: 2008-03-30 21:52:25 »
Oh yeah, it is good to know that someone is making cool mods, even for old (but good) games like this one.  I didn't even hear about any mods for FF7 PC until i reinstalled it earlier this week and went looking for a patch, and lo' and behold, there was a bevy of postmarket goodness.  Sadly, for some reason, FF7 PC and my XP system are not liking each other one bit and i haven't got a playable hour out of this mangy install yet.  Even after 1.02 and random user patch/bug fixes being applied, this install will always crash like clockwork, four to five minutes before the next savepoint!  Frustrating has been the mood of the past week.  Well, i thought i'd try a killer model upgrade mod (this one); it LOOKS nice, but it's only made the game even less playable!  Ha!  I'm not blaming you icecold; i do hope you stick with this one and get it working.  I'm sure all of the guys here can say the same.  Keep it up! 

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-03-30 23:28:07 »
eeemmm...Maybe it sounds stupid,but when i clicking on ff7-rpr icon,it's really shows me a message"Please insert FF7 Game disc 1,2 or 3 and try again"
My version:Final Fantasy VII (PC) Ultima Edition

Maybe i'am stupid and doing something wrong...Tell me please what to do?