Author Topic: Darth Vader or Dark Helmet?  (Read 9741 times)

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
Darth Vader or Dark Helmet?
« on: 2009-09-23 18:40:55 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDR5qDLvOhE

I watched the FF7 Demo #1 on YouTube and I heard Barret's voice. Who was voicing Barret? Darth Vader or Dark Helmet? If that's really either one of them, his voice was super special awesome! I didn't know Darth Vader was a real person in real life. I thought he was just a fictional character on Star Wars. Did he really land his ship on Earth just to do a voice of Barret in your project? That was very nice of him! :-D Go Darth Vader!

« Last Edit: 2009-09-23 21:22:55 by lil-juice-09 »

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Vader or Dark Helmet?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-23 21:12:04 »
That demo is almost a year old and all of the lines have been redone and quite a few voice actors have been changed so I wouldn't put too much faith in that video.

Finding a "depp voice black souding" voice actor has been a particular challenge however.  Just like Vincent was.

Most internet users usually don't have a voice like Mr. T or like Sam Fisher unfortunately.

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-23 21:22:14 »
lol I was just joking first of all. I know his voice actor is changed, because a lot of people said his voice sucks. lol But still, don't you think he sound like Darth Vader? It's just funny that he sounds like him.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-23 21:26:33 by lil-juice-09 »

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-23 23:45:05 »
I love Spaceballs.

He doesn't sound much like Rick Moranis however he doesn't sound unlike James Earl Jones.

lil-juice-09

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-24 03:34:07 »
Oh ok lol. and btw, how long the project will it take to complete? And when will you come out with another demo?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-24 14:38:29 by lil-juice-09 »

Marc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-24 22:47:21 »
Hard to say.

The official answer would be "When it's done".

The way we do things now makes it so that we don't have to start over or wait for 30 people to finish a given scene so the risk of non-completion of the project is much lower but the time it takes to finish 100% of it is a bit longer.  It's a worthwhile tradeoff.  The internet won't go away tomorrow and the scope of the project really is huge.  That also means a demo is further out.

We'll make annoucements when there is something significant to announce.

Thanks everyone for your interest though.