Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 999534 times)

S0ME0NE

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.10.0)
« Reply #1425 on: 2021-12-31 00:34:17 »
Is there any way to use the save editor to fix the save crystal glitch? I was wondering because I don't want to have to save edit myself out of northern cave every time I want to leave. Apparently it's some sort of event flag for the placed save crystal somewhere? because giving myself a second one doesn't allow me to place it.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1426 on: 2022-01-03 23:09:25 »
No event flag that i know of (but if you do find one lmk) There is only space to save one save crystal location. If that data is non 0 then you can't place the item (again not sure but i seam to remember this is testing) You can change the location of the save crystal by setting it in the "test data" tab (you will need to enable it in the options to be able to see the tab). This will move the save crystal. Or try setting all its values to 0 and if you can place that second one. Please report back.

valius

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 2022-02-03 20:22:25 »
Hello, I have been trying to bring in PC saves into FF7 International version on PS.  I've been into some issues where, after opening the mcd file and choosing a slot 3 and above, importing a PC save will always mark the save as belonging to PS slot 2.  Is this expected behavior?  I am able to get around this by loading the save on a PSX emulator and then saving on slot 3 and above, but it would be convenient to be able to import a PC save and assign it to a slot beyond 2.

I am using tool version 1.10.1.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1428 on: 2022-02-04 13:35:05 »
First update to the current continuous version. There is a bug fix for vmc format writes.
Black Chocobo will automatically set the PSX name to the first available name based on the contents of your psx memory card. You can change this after you imported the save in the "Test Data" tab (enable it in options). Make sure slot number you pick does not conflict w/ an existing save's slot name or your gonna have a bad time.

I Will find a better way to expose this feature in a future release.

« Last Edit: 2022-02-04 13:44:25 by sithlord48 »

valius

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 2022-02-07 21:51:43 »
Thank you for the info, the continuous version worked for me!

Sh1nRa358

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2022-03-09 23:31:06 »
game time doesn't seem to display correctly when converting psx saves to pc saves. time is stuck at 0 and theres no level description underneath. It shows properly on the save slot but not in game when you enter it.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1431 on: 2022-03-10 02:02:30 »
game time doesn't seem to display correctly when converting psx saves to pc saves. time is stuck at 0 and theres no level description underneath. It shows properly on the save slot but not in game when you enter it.
Can you tell me a bit more about what your trying because i was unable to reproduce this
  I Tried the following with both the continuous and 1.1.0 release

Opened a Raw Psx File  (extracted from a psx memory card via a card reader), used Save As to save it as a save02.ff7
Opened a mcr  save (full of ff7 saves) used Save as to save the file as save03.ff7
Opened a Pc Save and used "import to current slot" to pick a save from a Raw PSX Save
Opened a Pc Save and used "Import to current slot" to pick a slot from a mcr file

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.12.1)
« Reply #1432 on: 2022-08-06 13:21:24 »
General Progress:
 v 1.12.1  (Changes and ff7tk changes)
Biggest features
  - Update to new ff7tk
  - Bug fix to ensure '.' is included when a file has an extension
  - Adjust How save names are working
  - Show Drives in side bar (for non native box)
  - Portable Windows release now includes a settings.ini (so its settings go with it )

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.13)
« Reply #1433 on: 2022-08-31 12:43:28 »
New Release
 v 1.13.0  (Changes and ff7tk changes)
Most of the work is in ff7tk some more GUI polish and a fixed a possible crash .

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.13)
« Reply #1434 on: 2023-03-04 12:19:17 »
Black Chocobo is now available as a  Flatpak from Flathub.
 Steam Deck users should have a much easier time installing now

https://flathub.org/apps/details/io.github.sithlord48.blackchocobo

ajfoucault

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.14)
« Reply #1435 on: 2023-05-12 16:26:42 »
Crazy but cool that this software keeps getting updated so many years later.

« Reply #1436 on: 2023-07-29 09:16:14 »
So hopefully this isn't too stupid a question.
I lost my save a bit ago and now I'm trying to rebuild it. I am wondering in Game Progress how can I advance the discs to change the settings in Event Progress to show the switch over and select what I need. It just seems to give me selection to Sector 7 Pillar. So I was just curious if it can go beyond, or I just need to kind of get to each point and rebuild it that way? I've run the program normal and as "Administrator" otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss to change those things. Thanks for any help provided.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1437 on: 2023-08-17 03:34:24 »
So hopefully this isn't too stupid a question.
I lost my save a bit ago and now I'm trying to rebuild it. I am wondering in Game Progress how can I advance the discs to change the settings in Event Progress to show the switch over and select what I need. It just seems to give me selection to Sector 7 Pillar. So I was just curious if it can go beyond, or I just need to kind of get to each point and rebuild it that way? I've run the program normal and as "Administrator" otherwise I'm at a bit of a loss to change those things. Thanks for any help provided.

There is very little done in terms of mapping the progress, you can change the disc number its not related to progress and the main progression variable but we are far from all events with their variables being mapped.

Kanay

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2023-11-30 16:46:17 »
Hello, I hope project forum still works. I recently re-made from scratch my corrupted PSP save, to Shinra No.26 start but I seem to have three problems:

1. I lost my submarine. It just isn't on the map. I heard that there is some underwater stuff I'll need it for. Where do I add it?
2. After taking last Huge Materia it disappears. Cloud takes it, but I don't have it in my Key Items.
3. With all other 3 Huge Materias, after Cosmo Canyon cutscene, all 3 disappear, and only Green Materia floats there.

Is there any way to fix this? Am I just stupid? Please tell me, I just want to finish this game.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1439 on: 2023-12-04 23:54:22 »
1. I lost my submarine. It just isn't on the map. I heard that there is some underwater stuff I'll need it for. Where do I add it?
Not sure we don't have all of the progression stuff worked out
2. After taking last Huge Materia it disappears. Cloud takes it, but I don't have it in my Key Items.
Check the locations where you would pick them up and be sure they are collected ( this is in the location tab)

Is there any way to fix this? Am I just stupid? Please tell me, I just want to finish this game.
Your best bet is to get a save that is close to the progression you want and modify that.

Parivir

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)
« Reply #1440 on: 2024-03-12 05:08:22 »
Does anyone know what may be causing this? Even if I try changing the levels back and/or editing exp, my Cloud's "next level" exp is always messed up:

https://imgur.com/a/N9wve9t

I'm playing new threat if that changes anything.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)
« Reply #1441 on: 2024-03-16 17:44:53 »
My guess would be the mod.