Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 HD  (Read 6372 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 4 HD
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-22 01:37:52 »
I'll only get this if it adds Mouse support. The previous Resident Evil 4 PC version worked great with gamepads, but if you didn't have one it was keyboard-only, which is awful for this game.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-22 02:58:31 »
I need to agree with that... though the camera position for RE is always made to work with pads in a better way as it was originally created for.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-01-22 05:27:47 »
I'll only get this if it adds Mouse support. The previous Resident Evil 4 PC version worked great with gamepads, but if you didn't have one it was keyboard-only, which is awful for this game.

The Wii version was super easy due to the Wiimote aiming, asking for Mouse support is asking to make the game even easier still.

That being said there was unofficial mouse support for the original PC release through mods.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #4 on: 2014-01-22 12:55:57 »

Quote from: http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/
Native keyboard and mouse support with customizable key binding, mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration settings.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-01-22 16:40:01 »
You know, I read the store description three times trying to find if that was there, and I still missed it.

Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-01-22 17:38:51 »
I would still not buy that shit.

The mouse support should have been implemented before they released it. Oh how I love when they release an unfinished half-assed console port of a game.

No thanks.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-01-22 17:49:56 »
I would still not buy that shit.

The mouse support should have been implemented before they released it. Oh how I love when they release an unfinished half-assed console port of a game.

No thanks.
I uh... this is a new port. I think it's their way of apologizing for the old one. Keep in mind that a good chunk of both development staff and management have cycled since the old port; I'll hardly blame the employees who worked on the new version for an older port by most likely a different team that was released a whole seven years ago.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-01-22 18:07:08 »
Original port was sometime around 2007 or something, was outsourced to Ubisoft who then further outsourced to someone else who was so bad at the job they left out most of the lighting code and had to patch it back in.

Same team ported Devil May Cry 3 and ruined that as well, they also ported Onimusha 3: Demon Siege but actually got that one right.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-01-22 19:15:50 »
I uh... this is a new port. I think it's their way of apologizing for the old one. Keep in mind that a good chunk of both development staff and management have cycled since the old port; I'll hardly blame the employees who worked on the new version for an older port by most likely a different team that was released a whole seven years ago.

I blame them for not delivering decent port in the first place. I will not hate anyone for buying and playing this, but for me this game is not relevant anymore. Besides, I am starting to dislike those hd re releases. Nothing more than cash milking in my opinion.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-01-22 20:03:30 »
I blame them for not delivering decent port in the first place.
Again, it's a DIFFERENT TEAM doing it. They didn't work on the original port, it's not their fault in the slightest.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-01-22 20:16:02 »
Again, it's a DIFFERENT TEAM doing it. They didn't work on the original port, it's not their fault in the slightest.

I know, but that doesnt change the fact that they could have done that right after they realised how crappy the first version was. Besides, they should have not even let it release in the state like this.

But, despite what I have just said, I hope that those who bought this game will enjoy it as much as they can. I dont want to convince anyone to hate this release, but dislike it myself. It is same as if Rockstar announced RDR for pc next day, and I would be like "go screw yourself I dont care anymore"

I find it infuriating that they let a bunch of ammateurs to work on that port, mess it up, and despite that, they allowed it to be released. And now they come again being all like: "hai guys we fixed the game so give us the cash again plox"