Author Topic: [PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry (v1.5)  (Read 251244 times)

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC] External Texture Support - Tonberry (v1.5)
« Reply #150 on: 2014-09-01 19:16:49 »
Thank you!

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2014-09-03 20:37:36 »
Hey there.

Great tool.
Gonna try it tomorrow...
Is there compatibility with aali driver and Roses and Wine?
And the DLPB Tools with the add-on dlls?

Best regards.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2014-09-04 06:20:49 »
-Works with the Steam release of FF8 only. I don't have any impetus to try to make it work with anything else, but I will eventually post the source for those interested.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2014-09-04 21:50:57 »
It's not the same thing as "not compatible with anything else"...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #154 on: 2014-09-04 23:19:47 »
Aali's driver is compatible with only the original releases of FF7/FF8. Tonberry is compatible with only the Steam version of FF8. Therefore, Aali's driver and Tonberry are not compatible with each other. Pretty sure that's what Kaldarasha is saying :-P

I don't know about RaW or the dll add-ons.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2014-09-06 11:26:26 »
Nice surprise...
Raw and dll addons work... Don't know if in the long run they will interfere with tonberry, but for now they are just fine...

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #156 on: 2014-09-22 07:33:15 »
Hello everyone! I just spoke with Omzy and he asked me to pass on a few updates!

--------------------------------------------
- From Omzy -

Sorry I haven't had more of a presence on the forums recently-- a lot of stuff is going on that's keeping me from my me-time for a while. I hope that next month I have some more free time--my schedule should clear out a bit, hopefully.

Regarding Hashing:
I looked at what Shunsq was posting and it seems he's working hard on his end. He did message me asking for the current hashing algorithms and I sent them to him. There is yet more that needs to be done on my end to the hash algorithms so that they are better quality, but it seems like what you all are doing is working for now. Once people start trying to replace magic/battle/world map textures, etc, the problems will become more apparent, similar to some of the problems in Project Eden.

Regarding the SeeD Translations:
I think you're right that you need to replace all 16 palettes for everything to replace properly, otherwise some things that are supposed to be certain distinct colors will always be the same color.   I'll need to modify the DLL files themselves for everything to work. That will take some dedicated time that I can't really get right now.

Regarding the Source Code:
I've been thinking about releasing the source code as is.  If you find anyone that you think would be able to do some good work on that front, let me know and I'll send it their way.

Also, would you mind posting this update in some of my threads? I know people have been asking when updates will happen.

- Omzy
------------------------

So, let's hope we see more of Omzy this next month!  When we see him next, it could mean a Project Eden update, a Tonberry Update, AND a SeeD Reborn update!  I might have even made some headway on the world map textures by then.

Old Harry MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2014-09-23 15:56:53 »
Hi all! Let me say first that i'm enthusiast about your work! I'm just trying to download Tonberry and Eden Project mods but google drive return me that the limit of downloads has been reached and i need to retry in 24 hours... The funny thing is that i'm trying from 2 days without any outcome!^^

I don't post the error message simply 'cause i'm italian as the text and you probably wouldn't understand a word, however do you know if it's a temporary issue or if there's a way to solve that?

Thanks for your help
Enrico

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #158 on: 2014-09-23 23:00:11 »
Hi all! Let me say first that i'm enthusiast about your work! I'm just trying to download Tonberry and Eden Project mods but google drive return me that the limit of downloads has been reached and i need to retry in 24 hours... The funny thing is that i'm trying from 2 days without any outcome!^^

It looks like Google Drive is going to be an issue... for now, I'm hosting some mirrors:

Tonberry v1.5 Mirror HERE
Hashmap v1.3 Mirror HERE

I'd like to create a torrent for Project Eden, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so.  Google here I come.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-25 20:12:13 by Mcindus »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2014-09-24 01:39:58 »
I'd like to create a torrent for Project Eden, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so.  Google here I come.

I'll seed it for you once you get it up.

Old Harry MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2014-09-24 09:24:41 »
Thankyou!!! Now i need only Project Eden but i see that the torrent have a lot of seeds so i think the problem is solved for me! I'll surely remain in seed hoping it could help
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24 09:27:34 by Old Harry MTX »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #161 on: 2014-09-25 06:48:31 »
I'll seed it for you once you get it up.

It's up.  Please SeeD ;)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #162 on: 2014-09-25 11:01:09 »
Send me the link to seed as well. 40/4 mbps here ;)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2014-09-25 15:52:42 »
It's up.  Please SeeD ;)

50/10 Seeding away

the_trickster

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2014-10-03 00:12:17 »
Hi. I've been lurking around for a while and I'd be very interested in taking a look at the code.

I'm new to DLL injection and reversing in general but I'm decent with C/C++.

Thanks very much for this tool btw.

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2014-10-03 01:12:45 »
Hi. I've been lurking around for a while and I'd be very interested in taking a look at the code.
I'm new to DLL injection and reversing in general but I'm decent with C/C++.
Hey guys, thanks a lot for your interest in this mod, it was a lot of fun making it. I've decided to post the source code and you'll find a download link in the main post. Be aware that I hadn't intended on releasing it until I had a chance to revamp the hashing algorithms, so some of this code will change in the future. I'm sorry I haven't had much time lately to work on this but I'm happy I was able to get people a little more excited about FF8 in the meantime. My policy on my mods is always that you have complete freedom to take them, use them, modify them, and even release derivative works--just give a line of credit in your release and do not draw any monetary profit from my links or releases. I think if you make something, including a derivative work, it is fine to solicit donations, but I encourage you to retain these same policies of openness for whatever you make so we can always further the modding community on every front. I'm feeling too tired to figure out which open source license I'm describing, so if anyone knows, educate us  :-P

Enkanel

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2014-10-03 11:01:40 »
If you want to license, a CC BY-SA 3.0 should do the trick :) (here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)
It authorize to share and adapt (modify) but ask to keep crediting the original author and the share or modified content must have the same license.
I'm not a pro about licenses and stuff, but it seems good enough to me ^^

K43SJ

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2014-10-03 13:20:24 »
How to install mod tonberry + sweetfx shader together working ?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2014-10-03 13:55:37 »
Hey guys, thanks a lot for your interest in this mod, it was a lot of fun making it. I've decided to post the source code and you'll find a download link in the main post. Be aware that I hadn't intended on releasing it until I had a chance to revamp the hashing algorithms, so some of this code will change in the future. I'm sorry I haven't had much time lately to work on this but I'm happy I was able to get people a little more excited about FF8 in the meantime. My policy on my mods is always that you have complete freedom to take them, use them, modify them, and even release derivative works--just give a line of credit in your release and do not draw any monetary profit from my links or releases. I think if you make something, including a derivative work, it is fine to solicit donations, but I encourage you to retain these same policies of openness for whatever you make so we can always further the modding community on every front. I'm feeling too tired to figure out which open source license I'm describing, so if anyone knows, educate us  :-P

Why not make a GITHub? Then the code is online and anyone is free to pull from, and modify it, You'll have to accept pull requests to merge the changes into master. But a lot of online communities do that with programs, it ensures the program is never lost as well :D

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2014-10-03 17:50:29 »
Thank you for the source code Omzy!

essxiv

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2014-10-21 00:53:28 »
i'm very confused, I have no idea how to install this.

I extracted Tonberry into my FF8 Steam Folder, and it does nothing...
Why do you have to make this so complicated for people who are not very good with these sort of things?

can someone help me out?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2014-10-21 01:15:37 »
Why not make a GITHub? Then the code is online and anyone is free to pull from, and modify it, You'll have to accept pull requests to merge the changes into master. But a lot of online communities do that with programs, it ensures the program is never lost as well :D

I agree, GitHub is a definite must for most programs like these.

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2014-10-21 01:22:29 »
I agree, GitHub is a definite must for most programs like these.
I don't mind if someone makes one from the source and posts the link--i'll add to main post.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2014-10-21 02:25:55 »
You should do it yourself. Then, whenever you make a change to the code, you upload it. It doesn't mean you have to update everytime.

If you want, I'll help you set up Git in PM.

Muladin

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2014-11-07 14:26:25 »
Hello,
is there someone who runs Tonberry on an Linux machine? I know that the program is written for Windows, but i have no windows and try to install it. No success in the moment. I installed Tonberry and Seed Reborn into the root folder / texture folder and start the game. Game starts without error, but there is no change ingame.

I think the problem is the dll injection? With winetricks i installed VC2010.

Maybe one of you have an idea what to do to get Tonberry working.

Greetins
(and sorry for the bad english ....)