Author Topic: FF7 texture filtering?  (Read 4584 times)

Imp

FF7 texture filtering?
« on: 2006-02-22 18:13:43 »
I've searched the forum but I haven't found the answer.

Is it possible to filter (blur?) the textures in world map/battle screens using GFMX440??

If I remember right everything was fine when I was playing the game on my old Riva card (I guess I can change GF back to Riva...).

-gone away-

• View Profile
FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-22 21:30:08 »
Some old & also some cheap cards do it automatically... i think its a hardware thing.

I've got a card somewhere here that does it (TNT card maybe??) i'll rummage around and see if i can find out which one and take a screeny of it.

Borde

• View Profile
FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-23 14:42:47 »
Of course. You get texture filtering when you enable the Hardware mode. If your card fails the 8-bit pallete test, simply check the TNT option (actually works for most cards) and it will allow you to select Hardware mode.

-gone away-

• View Profile
FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-23 20:17:54 »
Quote from: Borde
Of course. You get texture filtering when you enable the Hardware mode. If your card fails the 8-bit pallete test, simply check the TNT option (actually works for most cards) and it will allow you to select Hardware mode.

I thought he was talking about the background images?

Imp

FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #4 on: 2006-02-23 20:42:49 »

Well - it doesn't work for me :(. Neither with or without the "nvidia" option checked.

Borde

• View Profile
FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #5 on: 2006-02-23 21:22:56 »
What happens when you select the NVidia? Doesn't the game work?

Imp

FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #6 on: 2006-02-26 17:32:29 »
What happens when you select the NVidia? Doesn't the game work?

It does, but the textures aren't filtered :(

Borde

• View Profile
FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #7 on: 2006-02-26 18:23:51 »
But did you also selected Hardware rendering after checking the NVIDIA option?

Imp

FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #8 on: 2006-02-27 14:53:44 »
But did you also selected Hardware rendering after checking the NVIDIA option?

Of course.

EDIT:
Oh. I've checked it one more time and this time it crashes out to Windows or shows something about ntdll?

There's more: the credits sequence after the Eidos and Squaresoft fmv's doesn't appear properly at all - no background, some very strange colors, and then it crashes to Windows again (without error message).

Borde

• View Profile
FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #9 on: 2006-02-28 06:45:04 »
Mmmm... looks like something releated with the 8-bit palltized textures. Have you tried disabling it using Riva tuner?
By the way,  I remember tha my old GF2MX passed the 8-bit palletized texture test even without the NVIDIA option (well, I crashed if I tried to enable it actually)

Imp

FF7 texture filtering?
« Reply #10 on: 2006-03-01 13:21:44 »
Mmmm... looks like something releated with the 8-bit palltized textures. Have you tried disabling it using Riva tuner?
By the way,  I remember tha my old GF2MX passed the 8-bit palletized texture test even without the NVIDIA option (well, I crashed if I tried to enable it actually)

Yes, I've tried it earlier. I guess that was the time when the game was working with the nvidia option checked - but, the textures still weren't filtered. This seemed odd to me, because d3d hal was selected. Well I guess I'll just have to look for that TNT card.