Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838266 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8700 on: 2019-11-13 15:33:24 »
Bug:
Multi-Cut + 2 Enemies or more + Barret's Enemy launcher freezes him  :cry:

great mod btw, please buff fury ring to 50 STR/DEX  ;D (no limits + no blue/purple materia interactions whatsoever).

That's worrying; when used normally, does enemy launcher only hit all enemies or does it hit all enemies + all allies? I remember changing it from the global targeting because it broke with certain command materia but if it's still breaking with multi-cut then I'll need to either change the targeting parameter on multi-cut (assuming that works) or ditch multi-targeting on weapons (unless setting toggle flag allows it to work properly). Will do some tests.

Could buff fury ring but the status itself gives 1.5x extra damage on its own if I remember right. I'll raise it and see how it goes; I've some other things to fix up too.

SpammingIsCool

• View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: 2019-11-13 20:58:05 »
That's worrying; when used normally, does enemy launcher only hit all enemies or does it hit all enemies + all allies? I remember changing it from the global targeting because it broke with certain command materia but if it's still breaking with multi-cut then I'll need to either change the targeting parameter on multi-cut (assuming that works) or ditch multi-targeting on weapons (unless setting toggle flag allows it to work properly). Will do some tests.

Could buff fury ring but the status itself gives 1.5x extra damage on its own if I remember right. I'll raise it and see how it goes; I've some other things to fix up too.
oh yeah berserk has 1.5 extra dmg :o, I noticed the difference but I thought maybe because I'm stacking more/less STR when fiddling with equipment, no need to buff then at least not in term of damage, maybe add some survivability tho like 30 VIT? (kind of mimicking my fav ability from FF8 "Mad Rush") on account of not having limits/item usage...also I lied about berserk  :-X, it can interact with elemental and added effect materias (sorry completely forgot I was utilizing them :evil:), I guess I was so disappointed I couldn't get counter/cover to work, or any other blue materias (I wanted to make an "intelligent" Berserker..), although I recently got Slash-all and it works! so i don't need my AOE weapon at least  :D

about the bug:
it hit all enemies once and Barret freezes after (2nd hit doesn't go off) only enemies and only when there are 2 or more, it's really a small issue imo, I hope you don't ditch AoE weapons tho, they are one of the best type of weapon early-mid game imo and it's so much fun with fury ring as you probably figured :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: 2019-11-14 08:42:24 »
oh yeah berserk has 1.5 extra dmg :o, I noticed the difference but I thought maybe because I'm stacking more/less STR when fiddling with equipment, no need to buff then at least not in term of damage, maybe add some survivability tho like 30 VIT? (kind of mimicking my fav ability from FF8 "Mad Rush") on account of not having limits/item usage...also I lied about berserk  :-X, it can interact with elemental and added effect materias (sorry completely forgot I was utilizing them :evil:), I guess I was so disappointed I couldn't get counter/cover to work, or any other blue materias (I wanted to make an "intelligent" Berserker..), although I recently got Slash-all and it works! so i don't need my AOE weapon at least  :D

about the bug:
it hit all enemies once and Barret freezes after (2nd hit doesn't go off) only enemies and only when there are 2 or more, it's really a small issue imo, I hope you don't ditch AoE weapons tho, they are one of the best type of weapon early-mid game imo and it's so much fun with fury ring as you probably figured :P

I think it is possible to get a character under Berserk to use commands like Limit Breaks, but I forget the set-up though.

If it's currently set to hit all enemies and bugging out with 2x-Cut then I'll need to try configuring the target flags and hoping it works out. Either a toggle on the weapon (so it can hit all or hit single) or changing 2x-cut's target parameters to follow the weapon will hopefully do the trick.

SpammingIsCool

• View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: 2019-11-15 01:43:22 »
I hope the issue get fixed too

Questions: What does Relic ring do?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: 2019-11-15 08:49:31 »
It's like a zombie ring; you absorb restorative with it on. I think it applies curse ring effect, blocks dual-drain, and absorbs Hidden elemental damage. Gives some stat buffs too.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: 2019-11-15 20:08:32 »
Hello! I downloaded the New Threat mod about a month ago and honestly made me like FF7 again! Nanaki is easily the highlight of the addition made to raising characters, with his Lv.1 to 3 Limit sets working with the different builds he can take. (Lv.1 = Supportive Tank with strong HP Drain and Hastega, Lv.2 = Mage with good HP&MP Drain and Stardust Ray scaling off of his Magic, and Lv.3 = physical build with his Berserk limit and Earth Rave).

Speaking of Nanaki, I haven't been able to find the Key Item needed to make his Ultimate Weapon, and I've done just about everything in this mod (save for beating Carmine WEAPON and the new Ruby WEAPON. Carmine WEAPON hits super hard, and I lost my Underwater Materia due to Materia overflowing when I was Mastering a bunch of them...)

Where can I get the key item to make the Limited Moon? The item location thing you've posted says it's dropped by Abyss, but I haven't seen it anywhere (and I've gone everywhere in the Northern Crater).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: 2019-11-16 11:01:24 »
Hello! I downloaded the New Threat mod about a month ago and honestly made me like FF7 again! Nanaki is easily the highlight of the addition made to raising characters, with his Lv.1 to 3 Limit sets working with the different builds he can take. (Lv.1 = Supportive Tank with strong HP Drain and Hastega, Lv.2 = Mage with good HP&MP Drain and Stardust Ray scaling off of his Magic, and Lv.3 = physical build with his Berserk limit and Earth Rave).

Speaking of Nanaki, I haven't been able to find the Key Item needed to make his Ultimate Weapon, and I've done just about everything in this mod (save for beating Carmine WEAPON and the new Ruby WEAPON. Carmine WEAPON hits super hard, and I lost my Underwater Materia due to Materia overflowing when I was Mastering a bunch of them...)

Where can I get the key item to make the Limited Moon? The item location thing you've posted says it's dropped by Abyss, but I haven't seen it anywhere (and I've gone everywhere in the Northern Crater).

It's not a key item in this case, it's a regular item called Moon Crystal that Abyss (a black malboro on the crater right-hand path) drops when beaten. If he didn't appear, then one of two things has happened.

1) You're on an older version like 1.4 from the catalog. I'll need to dig the files for that up and check where it is if this is the case.

2) You were able to get past the area boundary on one of the screens in North Crater right-path and open a chest that's ordinarily out of bounds. This chest was supposed to be removed so that its variable toggle could be used for the boss instead.

That or there's been some other issue that's arisen where he didn't appear. Best thing to do is probably add the item via save editor; you want to add 1 Combat Diary as this is the item Moon Crystal replaced.

One thing though; if this is the steam version, have the launcher open when making the changes. I think the Black Chocobo save editor can get around this now, but it used to be that making alterations to a save file and then starting the launcher resulted in the save file failing a cheksum and being deleted. Make backups of saves before changing them, and have the launcher open when making the edits (once you save in-game with the slot it becomes safe).
« Last Edit: 2019-11-16 11:14:07 by Sega Chief »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: 2019-11-16 15:59:46 »
i got a bug ion latest version: barret passive make himstack attack power and not defense if hes in the rear row. No mattter where he is when he got hit he stack attack only. never defense.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: 2019-11-16 16:20:34 »
i got a bug ion latest version: barret passive make himstack attack power and not defense if hes in the rear row. No mattter where he is when he got hit he stack attack only. never defense.

How high is his defence? I think it stops stacking when it reaches 250 or so to prevent an overflow of the defence stat. It also only procs against physical attacks.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: 2019-11-16 16:30:56 »
is at beginning of the game i just completed reactor run. so stats are basic ones.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: 2019-11-16 17:50:32 »
2) You were able to get past the area boundary on one of the screens in North Crater right-path and open a chest that's ordinarily out of bounds. This chest was supposed to be removed so that its variable toggle could be used for the boss instead.

Whoops lol. I opened that chest even knowing full well it was most definitely empty, because my curiosity wouldn't let me go on without checking it lol
I'll have to keep this in mind when I go back through in Arranged Mode.

Speaking of, I'm in the Shinra HQ and just got Red, and wowee I LOVE the Arranged versions of the Plasmabuster and the Apps Senior! Very clever ways to spice up these bosses beyond a generic "they hit harder and have more HP." I'm really eager to see what other bosses have these changes in Arranged Mode!

Hoboayoyo

• View Profile
As the title says. 
During the fight at roughly with 2/3 rds of his health left he basically stopped attacking me.
He was slowed and my guys had haste but the only moves he did for the rest of the fight were Mbarrier, the bubble trap move (where you cant move and have to be magic hit to get out) and he used midgar wave once outside of his death attack. Besides that be basically just stood their and let me wail on him with 200 dmg w/ magic spells. I was lucky because with his 14 K health pool I wasn't sure how i was gonna pull through. I've also noticed on other videos of the fight his name is Illuyankas and its called Illuya wave. Any thoughts?
 https://youtu.be/O_iH-O1US-E?list=PL3B-NAl8G2fNqqQt3iSZTUOtBJ2ITDCLe

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: 2019-11-17 19:09:48 »
dunno if this is version difference or waht

in shinra 59 floor XATM scorpion is supposed to have 3 items to steal: cannon ball mythril saber and mytgril claw. but after steal cannon ball it says NOTHING TO STEAL (documentation given for NT mod says he got 3 objects while in truth he got 1 only.) dunno if is type error or bug.

also at the end of fight hes supposed to drop SHINRA BETA which did not happen to me

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: 2019-11-17 20:28:55 »
dunno if this is version difference or waht

in shinra 59 floor XATM scorpion is supposed to have 3 items to steal: cannon ball mythril saber and mytgril claw. but after steal cannon ball it says NOTHING TO STEAL (documentation given for NT mod says he got 3 objects while in truth he got 1 only.) dunno if is type error or bug.

also at the end of fight hes supposed to drop SHINRA BETA which did not happen to me

Fastest way to check is to start the game and select new game; it should read off a version number. If it is an older version then that would explain why barret's innate isn't working because I think those were added later.

Latest version of the IRO is on Strife's catalog or the IRO can be downloaded from 1st page of this thread and imported via the library tab in 7th Heaven.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Illuyankas is the normal mode fight. I think I recently spotted that the IDs being referenced in the AI (maybe the formation AI) weren't changed so that might be the cause of it. I'll leave it be for now if it isn't obstructing progress as I've got a final overhaul in the works for NT.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8715 on: 2019-11-17 21:53:20 »
Fastest way to check is to start the game and select new game; it should read off a version number. If it is an older version then that would explain why barret's innate isn't working because I think those were added later.

Latest version of the IRO is on Strife's catalog or the IRO can be downloaded from 1st page of this thread and imported via the library tab in 7th Heaven.
i started fresh game after dl latest version of the mod and got meswsage like ususal of NT mod (1.5 version and each time i had party member they had new passive abilites etc... ) is just missing these items from that boss maybe the table needs update (so far other mobs are correcting carrying items / morphs as per table

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: 2019-11-17 22:19:21 »
The Motorcycle Chase Boss was a really nice surprise, especially considering it being a Rubicante machine in the Normal Version. Just beat the Serpent thing that attacks Priscilla and her dolphin, which was really easy, surprisingly.

By the way, the Howl Comb's Effect says "Inflicts Berserk", but I've never once seen it put an enemy in Berserk, nor does it put Red in Berserk. What was it intended to do?

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: 2019-11-17 22:21:04 »
The Motorcycle Chase Boss was a really nice surprise, especially considering it being a Rubicante machine in the Normal Version. Just beat the Serpent thing that attacks Priscilla and her dolphin, which was really easy, surprisingly.

By the way, the Howl Comb's Effect says "Inflicts Berserk", but I've never once seen it put an enemy in Berserk, nor does it put Red in Berserk. What was it intended to do?
i agree this mod adds somewhat a very fantastic spice to the game. that is why i love it =)

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: 2019-11-18 00:02:45 »
UPDATE: Rufus in shinra fight should have SHOTGUN and SHINRA BETA to be stole. I stole only the shotgun and after that "nothing to steal"

https://imgur.com/QEDYZrJ

and he drops HOLY TORCH and not Megaelixir as per table in document file. Was it changed?
« Last Edit: 2019-11-18 00:04:19 by Asherdoom »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: 2019-11-18 02:51:36 »
UPDATE: Rufus in shinra fight should have SHOTGUN and SHINRA BETA to be stole. I stole only the shotgun and after that "nothing to steal"

https://imgur.com/QEDYZrJ

and he drops HOLY TORCH and not Megaelixir as per table in document file. Was it changed?

Because depending on the enemy, they can have multiple steals. You can only steal one item, so once that's achieved, the other item becomes unattainable. Same with the Guard Scorpion in Shinra HQ, he has 3 possible steals, but you'll only get 1.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: 2019-11-18 04:13:28 »
Is the current 1.5 the final update or will there be big changes soon? I might start a arrange mode playthrough within the next few weeks and was wondering if I can start it soon or if I should wait.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: 2019-11-18 08:32:27 »
i started fresh game after dl latest version of the mod and got meswsage like ususal of NT mod (1.5 version and each time i had party member they had new passive abilites etc... ) is just missing these items from that boss maybe the table needs update (so far other mobs are correcting carrying items / morphs as per table

I mis-read the post on the scorpion; I thought you were saying it had nothing to steal. In FF7, unlike FF9, you can only steal one item per enemy and successfully stealing an item will lock-out their item drop as well. So in Scorp's case, it's a toss-up between stealing one of 3 weapons or not stealing and getting an armour drop instead.

I think it's the same chance as added effect, so about 19%.

Rufus has Shinra Beta as his common steal, but sometimes you can get a Shotgun instead. The drop was probably changed at some point after the document was written.

Is the current 1.5 the final update or will there be big changes soon? I might start a arrange mode playthrough within the next few weeks and was wondering if I can start it soon or if I should wait.

I don't think the final build will be ready in a few weeks; it's unlikely I'm afraid.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: 2019-11-18 11:47:20 »
I mis-read the post on the scorpion; I thought you were saying it had nothing to steal. In FF7, unlike FF9, you can only steal one item per enemy and successfully stealing an item will lock-out their item drop as well. So in Scorp's case, it's a toss-up between stealing one of 3 weapons or not stealing and getting an armour drop instead.

Thanks sega i did not know that. Ok that is good enough for me so apart that thing that i did not know is workling like charm. One side note: releasing new version if i play with 7th heaven, in case i wish to update it i need to uninstall (remove from mod list/library) and the download it again?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: 2019-11-18 12:57:21 »
Thanks sega i did not know that. Ok that is good enough for me so apart that thing that i did not know is workling like charm. One side note: releasing new version if i play with 7th heaven, in case i wish to update it i need to uninstall (remove from mod list/library) and the download it again?

I think so yeah. Deactivate/uninstall the old one and then import the new one.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: 2019-11-18 13:52:21 »
I don't think the final build will be ready in a few weeks; it's unlikely I'm afraid.
No worries. Just wanted to be sure before I start a new file soon. What do you have planned for the final build anyways?