Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Tripod - FF8 Triple Triad HQ (v1.3)  (Read 216989 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Tripod v1.3- by MCINDUS

For the Steam release of Final Fantasy VIII
It's finally here!

Requires Tonberry Enhanced (v1.6 or above)
Tonberry: Enhanced

The first graphic mod for the STEAM version of Final Fantasy VIII (thanks Omzy!)
High Quality Remaster and Card Replacement for the Triple Triad card game.

- Tripod replaces the Triple Triad cards, text, icons and backgrounds with Higher Quality versions
- Tripod also replaces the in-menu cards to reflect the cards you collect through Triple Triad
- Tripod is dependent on having Tonberry v1.6 or later installed *

Download Tripod v1.2 HERE
v1.3 Update only requires UPDATED Master HASHMAP! Delete any old Tripod hashmaps you have!

Here is the Tonberry Hashmap
Put this file in /FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap/
Tripod v1.3 MASTER Hashmap

**NEW**
Other Languages:

Put the appropriate hashmap file in /FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap/
Tripod v1.1 Spanish FULL VERSION!
German hashmap Full Release Coming Soon![/size]

Donate HERE to help keep my web-hosting alive!

Directions:
1.   Download "Tonberry: Enhanced (v1.6 or later)" HERE
1.5  You also might need Microsoft VC++ Redistributable at this point:
      (x86 version HERE) (x64 version HERE)
2.   Install the Tonberry components into: /steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/
3.   Unpack "Tripod v1.2" and copy the contents of "textures contents" into your "textures" folder in your ff8 app folder
4.   Put the TripodMaster_hm.csv file in:  /steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap/
5.   PLAY!

Comments are welcome!

Video DEMO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_i__xTa6VA
« Last Edit: 2021-05-14 06:44:32 by Mcindus »

Aavock

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Tripod - FF8 Triple Triad HQ
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-16 02:04:39 »
Amazing job Mcindus, all cards looks extremely sharp, definitely looking forward to the next update!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #2 on: 2014-06-16 02:32:46 »
Thank you!

Actually - I'm currently working on the game logo and Title Screen.

Also - I am in the works for a SeeD v3.0 with Omzy which will include:
Character Avatars, In-Game Text, Icons, Magazine Issues, GF avatars, and more!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2014-06-16 02:56:54 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2014-06-16 03:09:10 »
Leon, your sparkly text and images are bringing life to my reading hehe

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #5 on: 2014-06-16 03:11:59 »
Leon, your sparkly text and images are bringing life to my reading hehe

This has been a really fun day.  I love that Awesome. :mrgreen:

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #6 on: 2014-06-16 04:02:48 »
There is one glitch so far!  It seems like the backgrounds don't always load 100% of the time when in Triple Triad.  I'll let Omzy know and we'll keep working on it!

shOcKmAnz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-06-20 14:58:22 »
cann't play , , it say : zlib1.dll is missing from your computer

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #8 on: 2014-06-20 17:49:54 »
cann't play , , it say : zlib1.dll is missing from your computer

You can find it here.

It is a png lib DLL you need for most mods and emulators.

Also -- I'm currently finishing Tripod v1.1 and the text and icons are really coming along nicely!  I will post a youtube video with some gameplay as well as some screenshots when the project is complete.

---edited original post with some new screenies---
« Last Edit: 2014-06-20 23:17:59 by Mcindus »

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-06-20 23:14:40 »
That's totally awesome, you make my dreams come true. I so can't wait for this. Been waiting for good FF8 mods for ages and finally they come into fruition, woohooo. Lol. Keep up the good work. Gonna wait for version 1.1 before i try this out.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #10 on: 2014-06-23 21:47:22 »
That's totally awesome, you make my dreams come true. I so can't wait for this. Been waiting for good FF8 mods for ages and finally they come into fruition, woohooo. Lol. Keep up the good work. Gonna wait for version 1.1 before i try this out.

TRIPOD V1.1 complete!  Enjoy!  Please let me know what you think and if there are any bugs!

Text/Icons complete!!

Enjoy. :)

Future release:
-I need to fix one transparency layer, but I have to find it first!
« Last Edit: 2014-06-24 05:34:49 by Mcindus »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #11 on: 2014-06-24 13:34:46 »

Fullbuster23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-06-27 22:39:14 »
Hi, nice mod, i loved it!  ;D

but i have an problem here, i'm using the v1.1 you released but the background texture you did and the numbers textures you changed don't seem to be working for me :(

in these screenshots it shows how my game looks:

See it? it's still the old background&numbers, hope you can help me.
edit:i'm using FFVIII new release from steam, the version of the game is the 1.0.11.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-27 22:41:26 by Fullbuster23 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #13 on: 2014-06-28 05:08:57 »

but i have an problem here, i'm using the v1.1 you released but the background texture you did and the numbers textures you changed don't seem to be working for me :(

edit:i'm using FFVIII new release from steam, the version of the game is the 1.0.11.

Do you have Tonberry v1.2 installed?  Can you uninstall/reinstall the mod?  Also - make sure you have the Steam client open and not just the FF8 exe.  Just to be sure - restart your computer. for some reason, i think directx9 needs to be reset sometimes. (not sure though)  Let me know if any of this works.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-28 09:10:13 by Mcindus »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014-06-28 07:51:25 »
Well it looks by me the same, but I believe that some files aren't the same in different languages (my game is German). I haven't looked into that closer so I'm not sure. However the first Seed project had a special version for German.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-06 19:17:12 by Kaldarasha »

Fullbuster23

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014-06-28 16:40:34 »
Do you have Tonberry v1.2 installed?  Can you uninstall/reinstall the mod?  Also - make sure you have the Steam client open and not just the FF8 exe.  Just to be sure - restart your computer. for some reason, i think directx9 needs to be reset sometimes. (not sure though)  Let me know if any of this works.
i restarted my PC, and now it's working fine  ;D Thanks dude!

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-07-06 16:10:27 »

in these screenshots it shows how my game looks:

I had the same problem with him. I restarted and it didn't work. Background in card game is not HD quality.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #17 on: 2014-07-06 19:10:41 »
I had the same problem with him. I restarted and it didn't work. Background in card game is not HD quality.

Make sure you have the latest version of "hashmap" from the Tonberry page.  It should work with v1.2 and later.
Also - update your graphics drivers - this step has helped a lot of people with DirectX issues.
If that doesn't work, try re-installing Tripod and then reboot when you're done with everything.

Are you playing the English language version of the game?
Can you post your system specs?

kisirong2501

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-07-07 14:57:01 »
I use Tonberry 1.4 and hashmap 1.2. So, I tried reinstalling tri pod and restarting many times but it didn't work. I 'll update my gpu driver and feedback later.
Here 's my specs:
Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
Core 2 duo E7400 2.8 Ghz
Ram 3 Gb
Vga: ATI HD 6770 (driver v 13.2)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-07 14:58:35 by kisirong2501 »

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-07-09 12:18:42 »
Finally got the mods to work but having the same problem as "Kisirong2501". Same old background and old numbers for me, the rest works...A restart didnt resolve this problem for me either. Hope a solution will be found soon.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-09 12:20:56 by monty777 »

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-07-09 12:45:52 »
Finally got the mods to work but having the same problem as "Kisirong2501". Same old background and old numbers for me, the rest works...A restart didnt resolve this problem for me either. Hope a solution will be found soon.
Check the image files that aren't showing up in Photoshop and if the layers show Background (locked) then right click it and click 'Layer from background" so that it just says Layer 0. Save the file and try again. If they are already 'Layer 0' then it may be a Tonberry issue which I will look into.

monty777

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-07-09 13:44:38 »
Check the image files that aren't showing up in Photoshop and if the layers show Background (locked) then right click it and click 'Layer from background" so that it just says Layer 0. Save the file and try again. If they are already 'Layer 0' then it may be a Tonberry issue which I will look into.

I'm not even sure if i understand what you're telling me here to do (i dont even have photoshop) and something very weird just happened. Without having to restart the game or anything the new background and numbers popped up but only once. After i won i went for another card game match, and back to old background and old numbers. I was so excited to see it work just once, but what could the problem be? What could cause it to work one time and not the other? I didnt even exit the game or anything, really weird.

PS: If it helps, i'm using Windows 32bit and couldnt even get any mods to work prior to Tonberry 1.4.

Edit: It worked again, that's weird, seems to be working now, let's see how long it will stay that way.

However, this error occured a few times:

Seems to be a mix of both, how the heck could that happen? Well anyway, maybe by pointing out this error, the modders will gain more insight and knowledge and hopefully can fix or avoid similar bugs in the future. You guys doing great and im really happy that the mods are finally working for me and very grateful despite the few bugs here and there. Rock on guys ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-09 15:01:37 by monty777 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #22 on: 2014-07-09 15:19:03 »

I'm pretty sure that after we had that last formatting issue, I went through every image file and ensured that they were in the proper format - so all current releases shouldn't have any weird background locked mode issues anymore.  I even get the 1/3 screen issue every now and then... and when it happens, it stays that way until you restart the game... and sometimes it happens on the new title screen as well.  Pretty sure it's a hashing problem, but I'm here to assist in any way!

Omzy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014-07-09 15:47:23 »
Ok, thanks for the clarification! It is definitely a Tonberry problem. I will try to work on it for the next release.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-07-15 16:38:54 »
Hey Thanks for your hard work, I really like this mod, the borders of the cards in the menu are not all alligned the same will this be fixed in the future? Also when playing the game itself I find the borders of the cards low res compared to everything else do you plan on updating them in the future? Thanks again

EDIT: Also I found that when choosing cards during a game or simple moving the cursor up and down at certain points, the background card map will flicker/change shape slightly in certain areas. some parts of the card map will get thinner while others get thicker.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-15 17:24:32 by Yagami Light »