Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837086 times)

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7675 on: 2019-04-24 07:23:04 »
Yeah, I wouldn't ask anyone to tackle all that; better to focus on base models. I can probably add damage details to that scorp you made.

If you've still got the original model files sitting around, I'd be more willing to get into it, but I'm not going to extract>import>change>fix potential normals issues>reimport>troubleshoot that many. That's what it would end up being, right?

I can throw you the original scorp model if you want to make changes, let me get it together. Currently only on Switch, for now maybe

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: 2019-04-24 08:26:51 »
If you've still got the original model files sitting around, I'd be more willing to get into it, but I'm not going to extract>import>change>fix potential normals issues>reimport>troubleshoot that many. That's what it would end up being, right?

I can throw you the original scorp model if you want to make changes, let me get it together. Currently only on Switch, for now maybe

I was told by someone that the model is a rip from another game which means we can't distribute it here on Qhimm; probably best to just leave it.

HeXy

• View Profile
    • Toast the Ghost
« Reply #7677 on: 2019-04-24 08:34:41 »
Hiya everyone, hoping for some advice, and I *hate* to ask, but I'm completely stuck  :-X

The fight with Tseng in Rocket Town, his limit completely decimates my party every single time, could you fine people provide any assistance with armour/accessory combinations?  I've been using acc's with additional vitality, even tried using Caits transform, and he still wipes the floor with me. 

Just for the record, I don't have "bad breath" enemy skill, and I only have 1 elixir with me to replenish MP (I swore I'd visited the item shop before the battle, but I clearly hadn't!).

My current strat on him and his minions is to dispel them, then use magic counter+planet (ultima) as main attack, white wind and barriers on my team.

Cheers for any help, happy to provide a save state if requested :)

HeXy

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: 2019-04-24 08:56:29 »
Hiya everyone, hoping for some advice, and I *hate* to ask, but I'm completely stuck  :-X

The fight with Tseng in Rocket Town, his limit completely decimates my party every single time, could you fine people provide any assistance with armour/accessory combinations?  I've been using acc's with additional vitality, even tried using Caits transform, and he still wipes the floor with me. 

Just for the record, I don't have "bad breath" enemy skill, and I only have 1 elixir with me to replenish MP (I swore I'd visited the item shop before the battle, but I clearly hadn't!).

My current strat on him and his minions is to dispel them, then use magic counter+planet (ultima) as main attack, white wind and barriers on my team.

Cheers for any help, happy to provide a save state if requested :)

HeXy

Is he using the Limit once or is he spamming it? There was a bug a while ago where he was using it repeatedly or something. I can check his AI when I get back from work, if you upload save file in the meantime I could have a quick gander and check if there's anything awry.

HeXy

• View Profile
    • Toast the Ghost
« Reply #7679 on: 2019-04-24 09:01:49 »
Is he using the Limit once or is he spamming it? There was a bug a while ago where he was using it repeatedly or something. I can check his AI when I get back from work, if you upload save file in the meantime I could have a quick gander and check if there's anything awry.

I'm guessing its only once, he hits all my team to death, and even hits himself when he says "Die", as by that point, all my guys are wiped out  ;D

Save state is here: https://www.toast-the-ghost.com/save02.ff7 , cheers Sega Chief
« Last Edit: 2019-04-24 11:46:10 by HeXy »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7680 on: 2019-04-24 18:05:00 »
So the fight is working as intended, but it seems that you have been slogging along with less sources than intended. This is an ongoing thing with the .EXE where it either isn't getting patched (main installer) or players aren't dropping it into their FF7 directory for the 7H IRO version.

I beat the fight and now there are four save files:
1st is your original pre-Tseng save.
2nd is my pre-Tseng save after I finished setting up.
3rd is post-Tseng save (your inventory may feel a tad lighter :3).
4th is your original save but with the Sources corrected; I would recommend re-attempting the Tseng fight with this save to see how much of a difference it makes.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/525l7czbz5o8hib/save02.ff7/file

If playing on Steam, then drop the save into the folder only when the Launcher is open and save the game when you load any of the files as a precaution. Steam has a bizarre save file checksum that deletes altered save packs.

If using IRO, check the FF7 NT IRO download for .exe files. Drop these into your FF7 folder (make backups of the originals of course).

Swiffle

• View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: 2019-04-24 18:46:46 »
Ok, guess I should make a forum account finally.

Saw some of the graphic mods and decided it was a good time to relive some FF7 after all these years.

Was kind of overwhelmed by the amount of mods and options(despite having a stable heavily modded Skyrim SE game).  Got 7H set up with a number of mods installed, and the 1.5 NT IRO.  I'm guilty of not installing the .exes, and gimped my characters' sources for the first couple ranks.  I just assumed NT had installed correctly, saw no options under the configure button in 7H, and didn't realize the FF7 NT IRO directory contained anything else until I browsed a couple dozen pages back in this thread a couple days ago.  Oops.  I guess I could edit my saves somehow and fix my characters' stats?  Haven't delved that far into modding yet, and not sure exactly how many ranks on everyone I fudged up.

With that said, I've been enjoying the game anyway, and really appreciate the work you've put into this mod.  About to slog through Battle Square pre-tiny bronco.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: 2019-04-24 19:10:43 »
Ok, guess I should make a forum account finally.

Saw some of the graphic mods and decided it was a good time to relive some FF7 after all these years.

Was kind of overwhelmed by the amount of mods and options(despite having a stable heavily modded Skyrim SE game).  Got 7H set up with a number of mods installed, and the 1.5 NT IRO.  I'm guilty of not installing the .exes, and gimped my characters' sources for the first couple ranks.  I just assumed NT had installed correctly, saw no options under the configure button in 7H, and didn't realize the FF7 NT IRO directory contained anything else until I browsed a couple dozen pages back in this thread a couple days ago.  Oops.  I guess I could edit my saves somehow and fix my characters' stats?  Haven't delved that far into modding yet, and not sure exactly how many ranks on everyone I fudged up.

With that said, I've been enjoying the game anyway, and really appreciate the work you've put into this mod.  About to slog through Battle Square pre-tiny bronco.

it's easy enough to fix; if you open the save file with Black Chocobo, you'll see that each character has base stats and 'source' bonuses that are then added together. If you multiply the value of every source bonus by 5, you'll have the intended stat gains.

I'm going to remove the dependency on the .exe for sources because it's caused nothing but problems.

HeXy

• View Profile
    • Toast the Ghost
« Reply #7683 on: 2019-04-24 20:06:37 »
So the fight is working as intended, but it seems that you have been slogging along with less sources than intended. This is an ongoing thing with the .EXE where it either isn't getting patched (main installer) or players aren't dropping it into their FF7 directory for the 7H IRO version.

Thank you so much for checking this out, no wonder it was so damn hard, also explains the complete and utter hell I had getting past the 10 minute timer on the Corel train section  ;D

I've replaced my exe as you have recommended, I have the steam edition, which I've copied to a directory outside of Steam, and ran the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe on it, then use 7th Heaven to play.  I have ran the converter a number of times since starting this playthrough (playing with different soundcards) which may or may not have caused me unforseen hassle.

A drink will be in the post to you on payday, thanks again  :-)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: 2019-04-24 21:15:05 »
Thank you so much for checking this out, no wonder it was so damn hard, also explains the complete and utter hell I had getting past the 10 minute timer on the Corel train section  ;D

I've replaced my exe as you have recommended, I have the steam edition, which I've copied to a directory outside of Steam, and ran the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe on it, then use 7th Heaven to play.  I have ran the converter a number of times since starting this playthrough (playing with different soundcards) which may or may not have caused me unforseen hassle.

A drink will be in the post to you on payday, thanks again  :-)

No worries; I had fun going through the fight and de-rusting slightly.

Fewtch

• View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #7685 on: 2019-04-25 04:00:48 »
Quick question: Where is battle data stored? Things like the changes you've made to enemies, their stats, all the numbers and stuff etc. I'm trying to make sure I don't overwrite anything crucial while making this model replacement.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: 2019-04-25 04:52:48 »
Quick question: Where is battle data stored? Things like the changes you've made to enemies, their stats, all the numbers and stuff etc. I'm trying to make sure I don't overwrite anything crucial while making this model replacement.

I wouldn't worry about that, all of the battle data regarding the enemies/bosses, etc. are stored in the scene.bin
all of the model data regarding the enemies/characters are stored in the battle.lgp so nothing will get altered regarding model swapping.

Fewtch

• View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #7687 on: 2019-04-25 07:52:37 »
I thought as much but don't have your level of experience. Thanks for the info.

Swiffle

• View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: 2019-04-25 09:16:59 »
Used Black Chocobo to fix my Source stat point ranks as you recommended, thanks.

Was curious about something while looking at my characters though.  My Cait Sith's Default base stats(before sources/gear/materia) are 10/11/13/11/5/15 (str/vit/mag/spr/dex/lck), which is super super low, and wayyyy off what the readme.txt says his initial stats should be.  FWIW, Yuffie and Vincent's stats are slightly off as well, but not nearly as far off as Cait Sith's stats are.  Everyone else's stats match up with the NT v1.5 readme.txt.

I don't have any other gameplay mods running, just graphical mods with 7H.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: 2019-04-25 10:42:19 »
Used Black Chocobo to fix my Source stat point ranks as you recommended, thanks.

Was curious about something while looking at my characters though.  My Cait Sith's Default base stats(before sources/gear/materia) are 10/11/13/11/5/15 (str/vit/mag/spr/dex/lck), which is super super low, and wayyyy off what the readme.txt says his initial stats should be.  FWIW, Yuffie and Vincent's stats are slightly off as well, but not nearly as far off as Cait Sith's stats are.  Everyone else's stats match up with the NT v1.5 readme.txt.

I don't have any other gameplay mods running, just graphical mods with 7H.

I forgot that their initial stats are also set by the .exe rather than the kernel so what you're seeing there are the vanilla base stats. These can be changed without incident in the save editor as well though, as there are no stat growths from level-up so these initial values remain static throughout the game.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: 2019-04-26 13:18:47 »
so umm...i notice you have a thing for unblockable status moves? but why tho? it makes ribbons entirely pointless. in this case i am mainly referring to a certain dark cave boss. can't beat it now lol.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: 2019-04-26 13:19:39 »
one other thing....why the change for yellow waves?

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: 2019-04-26 14:50:43 »
Hello, could you make me a recap of wich limit break you change for all characters and what's new about it?
Search a lot but can't find it in the documentation.
thx !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: 2019-04-26 17:07:57 »
so umm...i notice you have a thing for unblockable status moves? but why tho? it makes ribbons entirely pointless. in this case i am mainly referring to a certain dark cave boss. can't beat it now lol.

Those kinds of attacks crept in later on. I'm planning to remove every instance of status-defence ignoring attacks in the update. For that particular boss I think Dispel is needed first before using standard status ailment healing due to Resist/Peerless.

one other thing....why the change for yellow waves?

There were a few things reducing defence/mdefence so I went with a different effect for it.

Hello, could you make me a recap of wich limit break you change for all characters and what's new about it?
Search a lot but can't find it in the documentation.
thx !

Spoiler: show

Braver: Swapped base damage with Cross Slash, reduces enemy defence by 10% (stacks)
Cross Slash: Same as before, but swapped base damage with Braver
Blade-Beam: Higher base damage, closer to Climhazzard
Climhazzard: Reduces enemy defence by 20% (stacks)
Meteorain: Same as before
Finishing Touch: Damage-variant ignores defence
Omnislash: Base damage adjustment

Big Shot: Same
Mindblow: Non-elemental, target loses 50% currentMP, inflicts Confu/Berserk
Grenade Bomb: Same, but debarrier effect (enhanced NT debarrier effect also removes Peerless)
Hammerblow: Now deals base damage (equivalent to Climhazzard), retains eject/KO effect
Satellite Beam: Debarrier effect
Ungarmax: Base damage adjustment
Catastrophe: Ignores defence

Healing Wind: Same
Seal Evil: Same
Breath of the Earth: Restores Half MaxHP and also removes all negative statuses
Fury Brand: Same
Planet Protector: Grants Wall, Shield, Regen
Pulse of Life: Same
Great Gospel: Same

Tifa's Limits: Mostly the same, but base damage tweaks to all hits + Final Heaven ignores defence

Boost Jump: Inflicts Death
Dynamite: Same
Hyper Jump: Higher chance to inflict Death
Dragon: Base damage equivalent to Climhazzard, drains HP/MP
Dragon Dive: Base damage tweak
Big Brawl: Base damage tweak
Highwind: Base damage tweak

Sled Fang: Drains damage as HP
Lunatic High: Resurrects KO'd party members + Haste
Blood Fang: Base damage increase, drains damage as HP/MP
Stardust Ray: Magic damage
Howling Moon: Gives Haste/Wall/Regen/Berserk, no attack+
Earth Rave: Base power adjustment
Cosmo Memory: Magic damage, ignores defence, fills limit gauges of allies

Greased Lightning: Inflicts Slow
Clear Tranquil: Restores 25% party MP
Landscaper: Inflicts Slow
Bloodfest: Same
Gauntlet: Same
Doom of the Living: Same
All Creation: Ignores defence, always critical hit, revives KO'd party members

Rest are base damage tweaks.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: 2019-04-26 17:12:49 »
great thx you !

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7695 on: 2019-04-28 02:03:18 »
so maybe i missed something....but where is this gospel spark thing?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: 2019-04-28 17:40:06 »
so maybe i missed something....but where is this gospel spark thing?

Gospel Spark can be obtained:
Spoiler: show

-) North Crater: Left-Up path, last screen of this path
-) FF8 Omega Weapon 100% item drop (Gold Saucer's Battle Square, Extra Battle NPC on the left-side of room, Gold Match = Omega Weapon)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: 2019-04-28 18:17:08 »
Hey. Are there still plans for v2.0?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: 2019-04-28 19:34:44 »
Hey. Are there still plans for v2.0?

It is, I was working on it today. I've been doing scripting through the Midgar section for the revised Arrange mode and I've reworked the scene.bin to bring back a lot of the default enemy formations that I originally cut to make space. New Kernel with the equipment, character stats, spells, etc. has also been finished.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: 2019-04-28 20:13:11 »
thanks sega chief lol. so i did notice something in my travels....the max ray seems to not exist in northern crater....and i don't see it anywhere else. i had to use the black chocobo program to load it into my save so i can make barret's ult. weapon. maybe i missed it, but i figured i'd mention it in case it was a mistake.