Author Topic: new design for vincent?  (Read 19202 times)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
new design for vincent?
« on: 2008-02-28 09:32:32 »
okay, i was thinking about the design of vincent, he is meant to be a dark, vampire-ish guy that can transform and stuff, so i thought about his look an THINK i came up with a cool design for him. :)

(ignore cloud, aeris and tifa. i was just messing around) the longcoat wasn't doublesided so i had to use the one sephiroth had in FF7 instead of KH2 as it didn't work well. :(

link to tank and pirate ship as world map transportation.
http://files.filefront.com/tank+and+pirate+shipzip/;9734002;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: 2008-03-01 14:13:22 by kuroda masahiro »

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
Re: new design for vincent?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-02-29 16:13:04 »
great design, but i have few suggestions.
Black isn't always dark, previous colours were cool.
Vincent's high collar was cool.
His claws were almost cool... Change color to "steel", make them more predatorous and it's cool.
I like cape that you done for him, can you make it ripped as in movie?

The rest is quite cool and remember, too much black can be lame...

It's good anyways. Keep up the good work!

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-02-29 16:27:13 »
thank you for taking the time to comment.
by claws, do you mean the prior one, changing the 'fingers' to ones more like freddy kreugger's and a steel colour?

okay, i think i have a decent idea of a new design based on those. in the mean time i found a interesting enemy that i thought was suitable for the shinra soldiers.

how's that? i think the design was nice as it seemed to be the 'rider' from FFVI.

blue_jjb

« Reply #3 on: 2008-02-29 21:21:07 »
ROFL i love your characters not sure bout the shinra guard guy though maybe as a different shinra enemy? thats if you can add new enemies to the game? im sure you can somewherecloud looks ace :D they all very classic ff looking nice one but i agree with the other guy vincent might look a little better with some colour LMAO or you could finish off the whole gothic look by giving him some chains on his trousers and really bad make up XD

good work man

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-03-01 10:55:14 »
do you mean to say that the FF7 'Rider' does not suit the Shinra Soldiers?  :-P

alright. the new vincent is being worked on, i found scissors had suitable claws to try to redo vincent's claw-arm. but in my looking through the battle.lgp i found 2 enemies that were suitable for some transport replacement in my opinion if nothing else. :) (also fuaa seems to be suitable to give vincent a chain belt)

a tank instead of the buggy

a pirate ship instead of tiny broncho

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-01 12:09:38 »
Pirate ship owns.
As does the tank. Very nice work with the enemies.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-03-01 13:43:42 »
would anyone like the tank, pirate ship or anything else shown here? during my stay all i did was leech off other people so i thought it would ease my mind to TRY to make some decent changes. (also i noticed there wasn't any tiny broncho or buggy mods here, just people and enemies.)
For the highwind what about a working tiny broncho or the helichopper? (i considered a 'black chocobo' but the animations would take forever to change.)

the first post was edited with the link to the pirate ship and tank. please comment if you use them.  :-P
« Last Edit: 2008-03-01 14:16:04 by kuroda masahiro »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-03-08 18:03:51 »
ok, I know I say this every few months, but I'm gonna try to be here more often (I do lurk a lot though)

I, for one, would like the tank and the pirate ship

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
modding town models and limit breaks?
« Reply #8 on: 2008-03-08 18:25:55 »
well, it's on the first post if you want it, lol.

I was looking around the magic.lgp, then noticed some files were easily changeable, such as Blade Beam, Shell (i won't call it 'M Barrier') or Dolphin Kick.

I took the dragon from the chocobo lgp, put the head and 7 segments of it's body together, then tried to make it Blade Beam's Beam to test my theory.

another was the town's models, as a test i made the Gelinka the Tiny Broncho.

How's that? i didn't see ANY mods for the limit breaks or town models. Would that make me the first one to do it?

:)
« Last Edit: 2008-03-08 18:42:46 by kuroda masahiro »

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-03-09 01:53:22 »
and you made the sub a dolphin... how can I help you, if there's anything I can do, I will do it gladly, this is the sort of modding I've always wanted to see in this game

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-03-09 06:55:09 »
what kind of modding is the kind you always wanted to see? transport, limit break, town, etc?

(i considered making blade beam a slight take on 'FF7 Ac Omnislah' with cloud golden, flight position, with his right hand extended with the blade waiting to tear through the enemies. :))

My inspiration to make some changes comes from rumours i see people made, if the rumour is decent as to what effect can be caused from it, I see if it would be possible, then if it can, well, by the power invested in me, it shall be done!

(although the tank and pirate ship was done because I thought they were cool)

Does anyone know of some way so far to get into the field background files? I found the rest, but the world map ones are hardly hidden. (i DO want the grass to look withered and dead, but when i tried to get it that, it just looked slightly brown. :()

Should i try to write up a list of what can be easily edited in the magic.lgp? the names are very deceptive. 'Blade beam' beam is called 'cutter'. Shell (shall not be called M barrier) is bari_m. the majority can't be told what they are physically because they are textured and i like to work with models, but some can be guessed. Such as dragon1 being dragon force? it's one of the dragon moves.

as a test i made bari_m a multicoloured pentagram to see if it would work or not.

it would seem currently kimera cannot edit the summons themselves since I spent about 3 hours trying to make the angel who revives you have a red robe, black hair and black wings to no avail.
However the spells that are simply p files can be edited and have the altered effect shown in the game.
(as a test i am working on changing kalm to the hell house calm and one of the towers off alexander, yet to do it, but I think it SHOULD work once i find the kalm town model)

edit: oh yes, i did mister dolphin as the sub as APPARENTLY if you kill the emerald weapon when it's standing in the crater, there'll be a whirlpool and mister dolphin will help you ONLY if you give him 99 elixirs, and he'll replace the sub.
I can't get the body to appear above water tho. it's too low, but when i raise him, the animation looks choppy because i can't properly align the model again.

If you are any good with that, could you perhaps help me out with the dolphin location and make him be shown above water? the point for him to go up is 'marked' where his tail naturally goes on it's highest point.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-09 07:13:13 by kuroda masahiro »

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-03-09 08:46:23 »
the kind of modding I've wanted to see, is editing the things you are, people have been modding the party for years, but never the world, never the transportation, very little work has been done on the animations of the spells, such as your work on making Shell a pentagram

and I haven't looked at most world models extensively, but if I am not mistaken, the Sub has a different model for above and below water, in which case, couldn't you just re-model the sub when it is above water to be Mr. Dolphin's tail fin?

OH, and before I forget, you posted the files for the Pirate Ship and Tank, but not the lgp they're found in

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-03-09 09:20:53 »
no, ddd.hrc is the white/silver sub underwater AND above water. simply saving the dolphin as the sub and changing the animation worked and it's correctly placed, apart from it being too low.

the tank and pirate ship go in the world.lgp. (sorry, sorry, i assumed that was too obvious to state. My bad.) what is needed to do is simply open the world_us.lgp, then drag and drop the files into it and it'll work.

For protect i took the shield from motorball, but couldn't find protect in the magic.lgp, yet. Well, i didn;t change the animations of the spells, just the physical model in the spell. For example, i could change magic hammer to a sword, or finishing touch to a fiery inferno of death (THAT, WOULD, BE, AWESOME.) but the actual animation would be the same as the spell animation (i think so anyway) is a 's' file that comes directly after the spell's p file.

oh yes, a update (what? my logic is i have to update the thread with something everytime i post in my own thread) a alternative tank for the buggy.

are you able to make pictures look good as a 8 bit image? i want to try to make the lush, alive grass (as a test) withered, dead, kinda like the world of ruin grass to show that shinra truly is killing the planet. (got it to be snow, to test my theory)

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-03-09 09:40:08 »
no, ddd.hrc is the white/silver sub underwater AND above water. simply saving the dolphin as the sub and changing the animation worked and it's correctly placed, apart from it being too low.

the tank and pirate ship go in the world.lgp. (sorry, sorry, i assumed that was too obvious to state. My bad.) what is needed to do is simply open the world_us.lgp, then drag and drop the files into it and it'll work.

For protect i took the shield from motorball, but couldn't find protect in the magic.lgp, yet. Well, i didn;t change the animations of the spells, just the physical model in the spell. For example, i could change magic hammer to a sword, or finishing touch to a fiery inferno of death (THAT, WOULD, BE, AWESOME.) but the actual animation would be the same as the spell animation (i think so anyway) is a 's' file that comes directly after the spell's p file.

oh yes, a update (what? my logic is i have to update the thread with something everytime i post in my own thread) a alternative tank for the buggy.

are you able to make pictures look good as a 8 bit image? i want to try to make the lush, alive grass (as a test) withered, dead, kinda like the world of ruin grass to show that shinra truly is killing the planet. (got it to be snow, to test my theory)

Sorry about not realizing where they go, in retrospect, it was stupid of me NOT to realize where they went =p  I've actually been having an off day

and the 8 bit image question really depends on how much detail you want, I mean, you could, in theory work up a small tile of a brown, sand-ish colored spot, with darker spots on it, and use that, I'll make a mock up in the morning

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-03-09 14:24:07 »
reasonably low poly, pretty much a pattern between off white and a sandy colour. (or maybe it's just my version of biturn not letting me covert the files to FF7 tex format, it keeps on saying there;s a error processing.)

oh yes, i managed to change 14 different spells and limit breaks! whoo!

limits i am able to change

Cloud - Blade beam, Finishing Touch, Omnislash (maybe, all that COULD be changed is what flashes during each attack)

Barret - all of them.

Tifa - Dolphin kick, Final heaven (maybe, I recall seeing some things during final heaven in the magic.lgp)

Aeris - Fury Brand, Planet protector, Great Gospel (only the puddles sadly)

Red XIII - Cosmo Memory (only the area during the attack, everything else is the same as comet)

Yuffie - Clear Tranquil, Landscaper, final one I cannot remember the name of.

Cait Sith - all, apart from some 'slot' results because they are considered 'summons' in the magic.lgp. (can't edit them yet)

Vincent - all as they are models in the battle.lgp, but Satan Slam is changeable physically.

Cid - Dynamite, Dragon, the one where he jumps and lands making a LOT of energy fly about, Highwind (only the missiles)

spells (so far)

some changes to spells and limit breaks is being worked on. It should be about 5 mins and show roughly 14 changes varying from the basic spells (fire, ice and bolt) to limit breaks, (blade beam, finishing touch) to more complex things such as matra magic, pandora's box, ????, magic hammer and a more suitable ultima. not to mention shell, wall and protect.

the limits i actually changed were finishing touch, blade beam, dynamite, and landscaper. rest were just spells.

screen of a change i did as a test; matra magic, changing the missile to a sword.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-11-03 23:15:01 »
Bump.
I would like to see MORES!
[And that vincent is awesome!]
[I know what replies I'll get but just saying+ maybe kuroda masahiro  will remember!]

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-11-04 02:49:16 »
Sadly you won't see any more, well, not from me anyway. There's a few reasons.

1: My personal computer with a helluva lot of mods/modding tools on it kicked the bucket (so i don;t have any of the mods showed in this topic)

2: I don't have anywhere to do stuff like that

3: I don't WANT to do stuff like that as I'm pretty busy with work and getting everything together for my wedding.

4: All I have modding wise is the base game data and kimera, if you want, if I get some time I might, MIGHT do some other stuff like this. But that would just be limit break replacements or transportation or player-enemy replacements.

5: Sorry for the inconvenience and don't bump old topics.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-11-04 16:14:17 »
nice modding

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-11-08 17:06:56 »
5: Sorry for the inconvenience and don't bump old topics.
But this forum is dead!