Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3009038 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
 Speed up is Select + Square [switch]. 

My help file is wrong.  I was blaming you for a sec.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-29 17:14:47 by DLPB »

skyhawk

• View Profile
Speed up is Select + Square [switch]. 

My help file is wrong.  I was blaming you for a sec.
And speedup works just fine, now that I'm actually using the correct input for it. Doesn't change the fact I haven't been using it, and I have not encountered this music bug.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah that may be a big clue that it is affected by it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
added more logging and...

336.ERROR: 5. Could not free stream [Channel 0]
336.ERROR: 5. Could not free streamFX [Channel 0]

and this shouldn't be the case.  So that will be my first place to fix.

Nicolo

• View Profile
Fanfare music bug happens with normal 1x speed as seem in my video. But I do use 60 fps battle set to '2' (motion interpolation on), and I have a friend who sets it to '1' and has never experienced the bug. Maybe its related. I was getting kinda annoyed that the limit break animations and camera seems broken with 60 fps set to 2 (they dont wait for the limit break aura animation and sound to play completely before running toward the enemy and the camera lags behind), so I'll change it to '1' and see if it still happens

Nicolo

• View Profile
60 fps battles set to '1' + 8x speed multiplier caused the fanfare bug as well. Switching 60 fps battles to 0...

Nicolo

• View Profile
60 fps battles completely disabled, fanfare bug still occurred in Shinra headquarters. By now I think it's safe to assume 60fps battles has nothing to do with it.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
crime hazard? in what world does crime hazard make more sense for that move than climhazzard?

cloud punishes criminals with this move i guess? lol

edit: regarding the multiple music bug: i mentioned that it has never happened to me, but after reading some of the above i suppose i should mention i have also never used the speed up function

select is the one button i unmapped and can only press on my keyboard so i dont accidentally skip something or turn the high speed thingamabob on
« Last Edit: 2020-03-01 00:47:02 by Orichalcon »

tom servo

• View Profile
An update to the texture cache crash. I replaced ddraw.dll with the original r06 one and still got the crash after an hour. Tomorrow ill try using the r06 aali.dll which seems to be the only other dll updated for r06c.

sylandro

• View Profile
Fanfare music bug happens with normal 1x speed as seem in my video. But I do use 60 fps battle set to '2' (motion interpolation on), and I have a friend who sets it to '1' and has never experienced the bug. Maybe its related. I was getting kinda annoyed that the limit break animations and camera seems broken with 60 fps set to 2 (they dont wait for the limit break aura animation and sound to play completely before running toward the enemy and the camera lags behind), so I'll change it to '1' and see if it still happens

If it helps, it has happened to me with 1 too (haven't tried turning it off yet), without ever using the speed up feature. Didn't manage to capture the logs/dumps, sorry.

skyhawk

• View Profile
Minor field issue, no idea if present in vanilla or not:

In the Barracks off Junon (Left):
There is a soldier who says
"Oi. You're still on duty!", "Then again, I'm hardly qualified to grill people.", followed by
"Whatever you do, don't turn into a slouch like me."
He'll keep repeating the second line every time you try to talk to him.

The hitbox for the dialog is very off. I can talk to the (heater?) in the next room over, or the couch on the other side of the room, and still get this line of dialog.

edit: I should add this is during the initial visit to Junon, when Cloud is alone and dressed up like a Shin-ra goon.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-01 12:39:57 by skyhawk »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
-Item receveid no sound

1. Randomly while receveing an item the sound of item receveid will not play.
2. At very start of the game just off the train, though is tough to replicate. It happen again in Sector 4.
3,4,5. App.log Reunion.log crash.dmp
6. I got only the right after the item receveid unfortunately.

Also note that while going into combat mode the spiral graphic effect sometimes doesn't play fully, also very random.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
An update to the texture cache crash. I replaced ddraw.dll with the original r06 one and still got the crash after an hour. Tomorrow ill try using the r06 aali.dll which seems to be the only other dll updated for r06c.

my game lets me know when the game is about to crash by not loading some textures, lol

so when i enter a new screen and i have an invisible cloud, its time to save, QUICK... because in 2-3 more screen changes it'll crash

i have actually largely avoided this crashing by saving and reloading the game at each save point
« Last Edit: 2020-03-01 13:42:16 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
-Item receveid no sound

1. Randomly while receveing an item the sound of item receveid will not play.
2. At very start of the game just off the train, though is tough to replicate. It happen again in Sector 4.
3,4,5. App.log Reunion.log crash.dmp
6. I got only the right after the item receveid unfortunately.

Also note that while going into combat mode the spiral graphic effect sometimes doesn't play fully, also very random.

Audio.log is most important for this but it;s probably bass.dll related.  if ithappens again, send me the audio.log.

@skyhawk

He'll keep repeating the second line every time you try to talk to him.

That's normal.  All NPCs do this kind of thing.  Also your bug report is not Reunion issue.  Please put it on the bug thread, not here. I'll fix it when I get time.  8)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-01 22:41:02 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
not sure if its a reunion bug or if the dialogue box textures were missing for some other reason, but when in the temple of ancients and the pool (the ancients' spirits) is showing you what happened with tseng and sephiroth, all of the dialogue boxes were missing, the whole scene was just the characters slightly moving around as i pressed 'X', when i got out of the scene everything seemed to be working normally again so it makes me think its a bug

i do have a save file right before the temple of the ancients i'm gonna keep and may try it again and see if the same thing happens, and if it does happen again i'll try again with reunion disabled

edit: i tried it again without changing anything, and it did indeed happen again, i disabled reunion but then realized i cant load my save file... i thought i remember you saying its not easy to transfer saves between reunion enabled and disabled, so i dont know how to test it with reunion disabled atm... if you'd like the save file for yourself someone is gonna have to tell me where reunion puts em
« Last Edit: 2020-03-01 23:11:26 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The pool issue should not be happening with R06c.  Are you using that? Look at The Reunion Database.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
reunion.log actually says r06b, but i did a fresh install with the r06c installer, also all the events that were causing crashes for me in regular r06 that i used before this have been fixed, so idk

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
i definitely resolved that issue at the temple.  Please try with and without model overhaul

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
i definitely resolved that issue at the temple.  Please try with and without model overhaul

will absolutely do this but probably tomorrow, funny you mention model overhaul though, because i have model overhaul off under options, but replaced the lgp files in FF7's data folder to install kalderasha's models (seemed to be the only way to get options for some models)

... could that be the cause? but i have the original lpg files from the vanilla so nothing i can't undo, will update tomorrow
« Last Edit: 2020-03-02 03:13:45 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
yup.  That's the cause.  His model pack is the issue and R06c fixes it.  |Remember to test things before posting bug reports.  And check the reunion database.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
yup.  That's the cause.  His model pack is the issue and R06c fixes it.  |Remember to test things before posting bug reports.  And check the reunion database.

ah, i see... whoops

in all honesty i forgot i had model overhauls set up that way until you mentioned it though

skyhawk

• View Profile
I think you missed an open mouth.

One of the tents in North Corel - see screenshot.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnPl2cMJh-GAq4v_VLs05EDAEscFPCWm/view?usp=sharing

See if this sorts the victory music bug and the sfx issue.  Replace one in root folder.

Then make sure audio log level is 5 and send me audio.log file if there are any audio issues.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's come to my attention that someone has already tried to strip out The Reunion and add to 7H. 

The license clearly prohibits it and it's annoying anyone even attempted it as it will just break more stuff and lead to a bigger mess in general.    Whoever that person is, you're a Grade A idiot.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
It's come to my attention that someone has already tried to strip out The Reunion and add to 7H. 

The license clearly prohibits it and it's annoying anyone even attempted it as it will just break more stuff and lead to a bigger mess in general.    Whoever that person is, you're a Grade A idiot.

seems like an awful lot of work just to hold on to a dying, unsupported modding tool

i wish i had that kinda time...