Author Topic: [PC] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)  (Read 398687 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.2b)
« Reply #225 on: 2016-09-26 18:48:34 »
I also found a little bug on the editor. The number of steals is stuck at 15 and can't be edited. Its like a dummy value or something that doesn't correlate to the number of steals.

I take you edit it to 15 in Memoria (or was 15 from before) steal in-game, just to see it's still 15 in Memoria? I had my suspicions that one was off.

@Hadugo: The hex editor is pretty worthless when it comes to the steam release as the offsets are meaningless. You can still edit there though. I'll add an hex editor that can edit the entire thing. Also an export/import feature in order to dump raw, decrypted data to a file.

Edit: New version uploaded. Pr usual I always screw something up. This time i named the file wrong haha.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-06 07:30:40 by gjoerulv »

TinyGeo

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.0)
« Reply #226 on: 2016-10-15 10:01:43 »
For starter just want to say thx for the amazing editor. I just tried using it and it works great on all EXCEPT for the more recent saved files. On the picture below ive tried opening them all and it seems to give me the error message from block 8 to block 13 which is the last save i made. The saved files from 1-7 all works, just the 8+ blocks have a problem and is the one i would like to edit. Is there anyway of fixing this?

http://imgur.com/a/Nc13B

Never mind i found out how to get around it as it seems the problem is with the block 8+ rather than the save file so i saved my recent file over one of the blocks from 1-7 and it works.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-15 10:20:42 by TinyGeo »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #227 on: 2016-10-15 11:48:21 »
Never mind i found out how to get around it as it seems the problem is with the block 8+ rather than the save file so i saved my recent file over one of the blocks from 1-7 and it works.

Thanks for reporting. Do you have a chance to email me that savefile (the .mcr)? I'm curious to see what the problem is.
[email protected]

TinyGeo

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2016-10-18 04:28:49 »
I just emailed them to you but i dont think its related to the file itself. Im guessing its something more like computer compatibility like perhaps its cause im using window 7 or any system file didnt go well with the editor. As long as the saved files were in  block 1-7 it didnt get the pop up.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #229 on: 2016-10-18 15:15:00 »
No, actually the error is kinda bad. I set wrong offset for items. Uploading new now.

Old Harry MTX

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] Save editor - Memoria (0.6.3.1)
« Reply #230 on: 2016-12-17 12:51:40 »
Hi gjoerulv, i'm trying to import the saves from a run played with epsxe in my steam version of the game. First of all, is it possible?

I have exported the saves as Single Save Format but when i try to import them in my FF9 steam version Memoria return me that "The file of this file is wrong."

Can you help me?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #231 on: 2016-12-17 14:06:32 »
Hi gjoerulv, i'm trying to import the saves from a run played with epsxe in my steam version of the game. First of all, is it possible?

I know it's tedious to read the whole thread for an answer, but I've responded to similar questions before in this thread. I'll just quote myself:

Making conversions between PSX and Re-release version (100%) isn't possible unless more of the savemap is figured out. BOTH PSX and re-release. I can only export/import things that are editable in Memoria.

Unfortunately the savemaps are not similar. No easy conversion is possible as far as I know. For example: Character data is not at the same relative offset, in a slightly different order and contains more data (or was it less?) in the rerelease. Also much of the data is stored differently. Single bytes have been replaced by integers and so on. There is more to it, but needless to say it's not as simple as it may sound. And to top it off, I don't have much time to work on it either... "/

Old Harry MTX

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2016-12-18 22:44:59 »
yes, it is what I feared.

By the way thankyou for the efforts and the job made so far!

fool

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2017-03-05 19:31:22 »
Some better infos about chocobo hot and cold:

Since there was no update in a while, i took a look at the chocobo stuff and this is how it's stored in memory:

Code: [Select]
0x00 Int(1)     Chocobo 99,999 Points reached (0/1) - the star shown at the Points-Review ingame, as you can spend points, this is somehow a proof that you reached the 99,999 points
0x01 Int(3)     Chocobo Points (99,999 = max)
0x1C Int(1)     Beak Level (there is no value for the star at lvl 99, it is displayed automatical)
0x1D Int(2)     Beak EP needed to Levelup, at lvl 99 it won't decrease anymore
0x23 Int(2)     Items found at air garden
0x25 Int(2)     Items found at lagoon and ocean
0x27 Int(2)     Items found at forest
0x29 Int(2)     Record at air garden
0x2B Int(2)     Record at lagoon and ocean
0x2D Int(2)     Record at forest
0x49 Int(3)     Tresures found on worldmap (bitwise stored)
0x4C Int(3)     Chocobo Maps digged up in forest, lagoon and ocean (bitwise stored)
0x4F Int(1)     Chocobo unlocked (set always to same value as ability level, this will give access to that ability)
0x50 Int(1)     Chocobo Ability Level (1=Field, 2=Reef, 3=Mt, 4=Sea, 5=Sky) - every value inherits the previous ability, 5 will give all, 6 may crash the game (PSX only)

Infos created with PC Version, PSX uses the same order and got the same unknown values inbetween the others, maybe it helps finding the location at the savegame.

Greetings :)
« Last Edit: 2017-03-06 01:00:50 by fool »

minoru

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2017-04-09 10:56:32 »
The kill count (for the Steam achievement "Let the bodies hit the floor") is stored at 0x2a2a. Just put the value 0f27 and kill a monster to get the achievement ;)

legacy13

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2017-05-05 04:03:10 »
im dumb and very new to pc and save editing i played ff9 many times and beat it lots. now i just want to have fun and be op plz help i cant figure out how to use this tool.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #236 on: 2017-05-08 09:34:53 »
im dumb and very new to pc and save editing i played ff9 many times and beat it lots. now i just want to have fun and be op plz help i cant figure out how to use this tool.

Help -> Contents

You open a file by going File -> Open...

If you use steam your savefile is here (I assume windows 10):
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY IX\Steam\EncryptedSavedData
select the 'SavedData_ww.dat' file. Next select slot and file (you must remember, but could always check in the game if you forgot).
When successfully opened right file, double click the row and start editing. When done remember to save.

MDS0LDI3R

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2017-08-02 14:51:18 »
Does this editor allow you edit the in game time clock? If not do anyone know of an editor that does?

Kebbles

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2017-08-03 03:30:47 »
After many hours of Agony, I managed to get this to work on not ONLY an Emulator but on mac as well!!

Mac:
I had to create a wineskin (easy), then go into the settings and configure the .net framework in the Winetricks section (This took me ages to realise)

Getting the save to work (on Opememu):
The program worked fine, but for whatever reason, the changes weren't saving. Turns out that I had to delete the auto savestate that Openemu creates in order for it to wipe the battery saves in Mednafen.

There ya go, two audiences pleased for the price of one

(If you wish, I can send the exact Wineskin I created and you can add it to the file the program uses)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-03 06:19:02 by Kebbles »

WhatDo

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2017-08-22 00:54:41 »
I've been using this on a steam save, shortly after the theatre ship crashes. The first time I made changes, everything saved fine and dandy, I however was stupid and forgot I was still going to be changing gear around.

This of course reset my stats on Zidane, and of course means it will happen as I adjust gear in game with other characters.

So, I tried editing stats/gear again on the same steam save, but nothing sticks but the level and experience. Has anyone had this same experience, and a fix?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #240 on: 2017-08-22 08:41:26 »
Has anyone had this same experience, and a fix?

This can't be "fixed" unless you alter the gamecode to not adjust stats when equipping. Every time you equip something different, the game adjusts attack, (m)defense and (m)evasion. However, your core stats like strength etc, will remain in tact.

lucysatan

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2017-10-06 14:11:55 »
This can't be "fixed" unless you alter the gamecode to not adjust stats when equipping. Every time you equip something different, the game adjusts attack, (m)defense and (m)evasion. However, your core stats like strength etc, will remain in tact.

Greetings.
First of all, I want to thank you for the editor.
I have a doubt. I edit the save (core stats), I put it in the psp with cwcheat and I start to play. But when I level up, core stats return to their original state. Is there any way to make those changes permanent? I repeat that I just want to slightly increase core stats.
Thank you.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #242 on: 2017-10-12 18:56:49 »
Greetings.
First of all, I want to thank you for the editor.
I have a doubt. I edit the save (core stats), I put it in the psp with cwcheat and I start to play. But when I level up, core stats return to their original state. Is there any way to make those changes permanent? I repeat that I just want to slightly increase core stats.
Thank you.

I think (I may be wrong) what you want to do is to make you characters lvl 99 and max experience points (maybe lvl 99 is enough). Every time your characters level the stats will adjust accordingly based on certain variables, most importantly what level the character achieves. The save editor can't override this as it's determined by the game code, not the save data. My initial vision with this editor was to include a trainer, that could freeze certain values in memory etc. As of know this is not possible with Memoria.

An alternative would be to make a mod that completely removes levels (each enemy gives 0 exp), and customize a savegame with Memoria as a starting point.

Edit: I can't spell, whatever
« Last Edit: 2017-10-12 19:03:53 by gjoerulv »

blackanima

• View Profile
    • Exemplary Сasual Dating Actual Girls
« Reply #243 on: 2017-10-25 15:41:16 »
Hi everyone !

Hi gjoerulv and thank you so much for creating this awesome editor that is compatible with both ePSXe AND Steam saves !

I have an only concern that maybe you can help me with :
As I use the (latest version) editor with my Steam save to add Beatrix to my team (which works just fine), I can't equip her support abilities... even though I activate them in the "Magick Stones" tab, they won't be active ingame, whereas they will be for the other characters... could you please help me with that ?
(On ePSXe I am able to equip her any support abilities I want using a GameShark code with "psx emulation cheater", but obviously I can't do that with a steam save... )

Thank you so much by advance and congrats for the hard work !!!

blackanima

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #244 on: 2017-10-27 00:16:27 »
You should be careful adding Beatrix to your party. There are times that may screw with your entire game (for example unable to progress in Kuja's palace), but as long you know what you're doing it's fine.

Did you try enabling some magic stones on her with Memoria? And it didn't work in-game? I suspect the game adjust certain values regardless of what's in the savefile. I know this is true for stats when changing equipment and levelling up. The game will calculate stats accordingly. A simple save editor like Memoria can't control that, you'd need some sort of trainer (or mod).

blackanima

• View Profile
    • Exemplary Сasual Dating Actual Girls
« Reply #245 on: 2017-10-27 01:46:58 »
I know, but Beatrix is litterally the reason why I still play FFIX to this day... she's been my favorite FF character since I first fought her 17 years ago... (must be her overrall charisma compared to Steiner,  plus that hair flip thing...  8))

Yes I'm aware of that which is why I only intend to include her in my team at times were she won't make the game freeze or anything.
And yes I tried enabling some magic stones on her with Memoria (that's basically what I was saying in my initial message) but though it DOES WORK on my PSX (ePSXe) saves, it DOESN'T WORK with my Steam saves, which is a bummer since we now have 2 awesome mods by Fraggoso (one that give us HD backgrounds and one that gives HD NPCs and battlefields).

THERE IS A BEATRIX MOD available it's called "Alternate Fantasy" but to use it you have to give up on the "HD NPCs and battlefields" mod + she can only join the team at the middle of disc 3 + the mod changes a lot of things/character abilities in the game which make me not interested in it.

Do you think a save editor could do this ?
: change the in-battle skin of a character (and even better both his/her in-battle and out-battle skin) to make him/her appear as another character (in this case Beatrix, but why not... Kuja or even Trance Kuja I don't know lol) ?
For example I know that some FF8 save editor (HYNE I think) allows you to switch some characters' regular outfit to their SEED's outfit and vice-versa... so why not switch his whole skin ?  ;)

For example replacing the skin of Amarant (the ugliest, least relatable, and most useless character ever created in a videogame IMO) by Beatrix's skin ?
This way we would juste have to change the character's name to "Beatrix" using Memoria (or simply speaking to the guy in Daguerreo).

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #246 on: 2017-10-27 11:30:53 »

Do you think a save editor could do this ?
:

What is editable depends on the data that is stored in the save-file. Afaik this wouldn't be possible with Memoria, but I could be wrong (should probably check some time lol). There would typically be a section in the character data that tells the game what skin to use. But, as I said, I don't think FF9 does it this way. Each character has a fixed position within the file, and when the data loads it doesn't check what skin to use for each character. However, Eiko and Blank (also, Marcus + Amarant and Quina + Cinna) shares the same data (kinda) so there could be a byte in her character data, which decides what model to use. Or it's decided by a flag elsewhere.

I swear, someday I'll get more work done with this editor :P. I know It's been long since last update.

Loseless

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2017-11-12 22:50:49 »
I'd just wish you could unlock the stats pool on the PC version. I used that to make a New Game + run in the PS1 version.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #248 on: 2017-11-16 16:15:02 »
How did you do that? Did you copy character and item data? Or do you know how to hex-edit progress in-game? If so I would like to know :)

Seco

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2017-11-24 01:12:06 »
Help -> Contents

You open a file by going File -> Open...

If you use steam your savefile is here (I assume windows 10):
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY IX\Steam\EncryptedSavedData
select the 'SavedData_ww.dat' file. Next select slot and file (you must remember, but could always check in the game if you forgot).
When successfully opened right file, double click the row and start editing. When done remember to save.

I'm kinda feeling dumb, but I can't open the file. There is a "SavedData_www.dat" in the folder, but I can't open it with Memoria, because the program shows no file inside the folder. It seems the extension "dat" is not supported, so I can't see the file trough the program. Tried to modify the extension to a supported one, opened the file with Memoria, and got an error message (not a valid buffer).

What the hell am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Found out. I was using the old version. This is what happens when you think you're too smart to read the instructions and scroll down to the first link you see (yeah, I missed the big "download" link).
« Last Edit: 2017-11-24 01:24:18 by Seco »