Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Scene files Editor - Bahamut (v1.03)  (Read 15505 times)

Raziel80

• View Profile
[PSX/PC] Scene files Editor - Bahamut (v1.03)
« on: 2018-01-08 15:57:28 »
Bahamut , FF7 Editor for 256 Scene files extracted from Scene.bin file, Version: 1.0.

Description: Bahamut is editor, calculator, patcher for 256 scene files (from scene1 to scene256).
Bahamut's window size (1393 x 784). This program is something similar to Hojo, Proud Clod and Enemy Manipulator. And created for MOD developers, for (faster) easier editing.

Requirements:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0

How to use:
1) Extract the scene.bin file from any Final Fantasy 7 ISO with CDMageBeta.
2) Use the SceneReader program to extract 256 scene files from scene.bin file. And put 256 scene files in the folder called "unpacked", which is located in the program folder. Scene files must start from scene1 to scene256.
3) Edit this 256 files with Bahamut program. Bahamut can save 1 scene file at a time.
You need to: open scene file, edit this file, then press save button, then open other scene file (or choose other scene file in the list on the left side of program).
4) Use SceneReader to make a new scene.bin archive with new edited 256 scene files.
After this, do not forget to update the Kernel.bin file with Scene.bin. Example: open Scene.bin in Proud Clod program and press "Create Scene.bin", and on question: Check scene data in Kernel.bin? press "Yes" button and press "Yes" again to correct data in kernel. Use for this: Proud Clod or Hojo.
5) Import Scene.bin file and corrected kernel.bin into your Final Fantasy VII ISO with CDMageBeta.

Bahamut (v1.0)
Features:
- can edit 256 scene files (from scene1 to scene256)
- can patch 256 scene files
- can edit other data (Enemies: HP, MP, Strength and other data) in the 256 scene files

Notes: After editing, do not forget to update the Kernel.bin file with Scene.bin. Use for this: Proud Clod or Hojo. Examples: Open Scene.bin in Proud Clod program and press "Create Scene.bin", and after question: Check scene data in Kernel.bin? press "Yes" button and press "Yes" again to correct data in kernel.
Or open Scene.bin in Hojo program and press Update kernel file.

The scene file that is currently open is displayed near the save button.

Detailed description:
Spoiler: show

Tab "Stats":
In this Tab can be edited different stats, for separate monsters, like HP, MP, Strength and other.
For example: You want  to add for monster 50% HP, then just write 1,5 in numeric field near monster's HP and for result press "=" button (In other words just multiply his HP by 1,5). Or press "show %" checkbox and insted of 1,5 write 50 in the same numeric field and for result press "=" button. Same can be done to add HP for monsters. HP can be increased and decreased in the same way, for example HP can be multiplied by from 0,1 to 10 or from 1% to 1000%.

Tab "Patch All":
Buttons "patch all" can patch (change and save) all scene files in one click (they patch scenes: from scene9 to scene245). They patch all monsters except: 3 weapons (Ruby, Diamond, Emerald weapons) and except monster's parts such as pedestals and other similar, that cannot be targeted.
On this Tab also possible to add +10 HP to every monster or +20 to Strength.
On this Tab also possible to increase Item's Drop chances or Steal chances separately. (Example: if you will double Drop chance for 1st Item. If Drop chance was 32, then 32 x 2 = (63 max) = it is 100 % chance to Drop 1st item. If monster can drop couple items, then he will drop always only 1st item).

Tab "Battle Setup":
This Tab shows how much of total Exp, AP, Gil can be gotten from monster groups and where they can be found. And chances for this monster groups (Enemy Formations) on the maps. If you want to change Enemy Formations in the game, then use for this Proud Clod. Because this Tab only shows total Exp, AP, Gil.
Explanation:
- Chance: Forced means that it is a Forced Encounter
- Chance: Forced (Optional) means that you can choose to fight or not. (As it was with Turks, during Midgar Raid on Disc 2)
- Disabled Enc. means that this encounter is disabled on the map
- Battle Square: Set 1 means After Getting Buggy but Before Tiny Bronco
- Battle Square: Set 2 means After Getting Tiny Bronco
- Battle Square: Set 3 means After Getting Highwind

According to the Enemy Mechanics FAQ by TFergusson:
Each unique area can support up to: 6 Normal battles and 4 Special Formation battles. 
In addition, World Map areas can support a further 4 Chocobo battles.
As soon as the chance succeeds and a random battle is going to occur, the following things are considered in order:
   Unique/Chocobo Battles
   Pre-emptive Chance
   Special Formations
   Normal Battles

If the area has any Special Formation battles, you have a chance of getting them first.
All Special Formation Battles have a chance out of 64 of occurring.
The chance of not getting a Special Formation battle is equal to 64/64 minus the sum of the probabilities of all available Special Formation battles.
If neither a Special Formation nor a Chocobo Battle has been able to occur, then the normal battles are finally checked.  This is a simple chance out of 64 for each battle allowed, with a single Rnd(0..63) deciding which of the battles is chosen.
There is one exception however: if you get the *exact* same battle formation as you did last time, then the game will reroll *once* for a new Normal Battle.  If you still get the same battle, then no further rerolls are done. However, this does mean that you are less likely (in general) to get the same battle than you are to get a new battle.
BUG: Due to an error with regards to signed numbers, any Normal Battle chance that is 32/64 or greater will actually be treated as a negative number: Chance - 64. For the most part, if it was the first encounter in the list, it will cause it to have a 100% chance of being selected, providing no Special Battle was encountered.
Note that World Map encounters do not suffer from this bug.

Screenshots: Tab "Stats":

Screenshot: Tab "Patch All":

Screenshots: Tab "Battle Setup":

Download: Bahamut v1.03.rar

Previous versions:
                  Bahamut v1.0.rar
                  Bahamut v1.01.rar - (added max lvl 255)
                  Bahamut v1.02.rar - (decimals removed)

Document used for 3rd Tab "Battle Setup" (for Enemy groups:): Enemy Formations

Thanks to Shogun31337, OwenGlendower and Laziz for helping me to create this program.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-20 02:00:50 by Raziel80 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [FF7] Scene files Editor - Bahamut (v1.0)
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-08 19:50:10 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-09 00:57:51 »
Impressive!

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-01-09 16:06:41 »

resinate

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Scene files Editor - Bahamut (v1.0)
« Reply #4 on: 2018-11-08 15:33:25 »
can i  make a suggestion, can u remove or disable the decimals since ff7 doesnt use them anyways?

also when i save the 1st time im not able to save again without having to reload the files 1st
« Last Edit: 2018-11-08 15:36:30 by resinate »

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-03-05 11:36:51 »
also when i save the 1st time im not able to save again without having to reload the files 1st
When you change some value and push Save button, and again change some value and push Save button, you can not save same file?
You do not need to reload files, just click on other scene file on the list in left side and return to previous scene file, and file will be readed again.
If you mean "patch all" button, then this was done intentionally.
can i  make a suggestion, can u remove or disable the decimals since ff7 doesnt use them anyways?
When you multiply value for example 55 * 1.5, 3 times you will receive in result bigger value. Example: 55*1.5=82.5; 82.5*1.5=123.7; 123.7*1.5=185.5. Without decimals we will receive in result: 55*1.5=82; 82*1.5=123; 123*1.5=184. That's why I decided to keep decimals.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-05 17:38:10 by Raziel80 »

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-05-20 15:47:40 »
can u pls fix max lvl being 99, the game does use above 99-250 and i need this high level for my mod please and thanks

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-05-21 03:35:29 »
As I know in the Playstation 1 version maximum level is 127.  If it will be higher for examlpe level 129, then Playstation 1 version shows level 1.
Scene files Editor can save 1 scene file at a time.
Bahamut v1.01: Added: maximum level now is 255. Download available in the topic header, first post.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-21 03:43:27 by Raziel80 »

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-10-27 00:50:59 »
Does it work on Windows 7? Would Compatibility Mode help?

After I tried your program, Proud Clod just crashes.

I didn't do anything wrong? Or did I not wait long enough? Nothing was happening. It starts loading, then the bar stays in one place.

I was going to try this in order to fix my in game bugs from Proud Clod (always miss).
« Last Edit: 2019-10-27 00:55:02 by Abashi76 »

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-10-27 03:04:26 »
Does it work on Windows 7? Would Compatibility Mode help?
If Bahamut can work without Compatibility Mode, then you do not need Compatibility Mode. Run Bahamut as administrator.

After I tried your program, Proud Clod just crashes.
You unpacked scene.bin and after editing made a new scene.bin file using SceneReader?

I didn't do anything wrong? Or did I not wait long enough? Nothing was happening. It starts loading, then the bar stays in one place.
What version of the scene.bin and kernel.bin you are using, PC or PSX?

I was going to try this in order to fix my in game bugs from Proud Clod (always miss).
Maybe your characters have too low stats or enemies have very high stats. Did you changed enemies evade, speed, luck? Because all this stats can increase miss from normal attacks.

According to the Battle Mechanics FAQ by TFergusson:

Df%: Calculated from your Dex and equipment.  This is the chance you have
       of evading a Physical attack.  The higher it is, the less chance you
       have of being hit with evadable Physical attacks.  It is also used as
       a factor to improve your chance to hit with Physical attacks.

Dex: Primary Stat Value.  Affects the rate your Turn Timer increases.
       Higher Dex also affects both your accuracy and chance to evade with
       Physical attacks.

Lck: Primary Stat Value.  Affects the chances of earning Lucky Hits (100%
       chance to hit a target with a standard Physical attack), Lucky Evades
       (100% chance to evade an evadable Physical attack - doesn't work
       against Lucky Hits) and Critical Hits (double damage used with most
       Physical attacks).

Lvl: Primary Stat Value.  Increases the effect of almost everything you do.
       Helps improve your physical damage, magical damage, chance to hit with
       magical attacks, chance to land critical hits, chance to steal, chance
       to manipulate, etc.  Also affects your current stat growth and the
       effect of certain attacks.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-10-27 15:47:37 »
If Bahamut can work without Compatibility Mode, then you do not need Compatibility Mode. Run Bahamut as administrator.

Okay!

You unpacked scene.bin and after editing made a new scene.bin file using SceneReader?

Yes!

What version of the scene.bin and kernel.bin you are using, PC or PSX?

PC - Steam Version (2013)

Maybe your characters have too low stats or enemies have very high stats. Did you changed enemies evade, speed, luck? Because all this stats can increase miss from normal attacks.

No. I didn't increase evasion of starting enemies, only their health and attack power. I switched certain stats between characters, but I didn't give anybody less evade, speed, or luck.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

I get this error. And the details are as follows.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer)
   at ProudClod.Form1.GUnZip(Byte[]& byteCompressed)
   at ProudClod.Form1.EnemyNames_Header(Int16 sceneindex)
   at ProudClod.Form1.Load_Scene_Names()
   at ProudClod.Form1.OpenSCENEBINToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ProudClod.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8806 (QFE.050727-8800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ProudClod
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.2
    Win32 Version: 1.5.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Import/New%20folder%20(2)/New%20folder%20(2)/Hojo%201.1/ProudClod.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8806 (QFE.050727-8800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8773 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8771 (QFE.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'll try to continue and update Kernal.bin if I can get the program to work. If I continue, then nothing appears on my Proud Clod page. None of the battle formations are there. Scene.bin also had it's file size decrease to only 8kb rather than 272kb.

Lucky, I made a backup file first.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-27 16:01:06 by Abashi76 »

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-10-27 19:00:59 »
Just tried it out. I found out the problem was changing my character stats only be switching with other characters.

I was able to hit with normal attacks once I got Barret's second weapon (Assault Gun). I raised all starter weapons to at least 98%.

Problem is, my characters still miss even though I raised their 'hit chance'. Yet for some reason Barret can hit after getting his second weapon.

Was it "Miss if not dead"?
« Last Edit: 2019-10-27 19:17:52 by Abashi76 »

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-10-28 18:12:36 »
I get this error. And the details are as follows.
at ProudClod.Form1.EnemyNames_Header(Int16 sceneindex)
at ProudClod.Form1.Load_Scene_Names()
Perhaps something wrong with names, but I'm not sure. Do you use the English version of the game? Have you changed the names of the enemies? Do you use English letters when changing the name of enemies?

I'll try to continue and update Kernal.bin
As I know, the Kernel.bin update is designed to check scene data in Kernel.bin.

Lucky, I made a backup file first.
Always back up files, because many things can go wrong, when you are editing a lot of data in the game.

if I can get the program to work. If I continue, then nothing appears on my Proud Clod page. None of the battle formations are there. Scene.bin also had it's file size decrease to only 8kb rather than 272kb.

Hard to say, I can only guess. Proud Clod description says:
Included .dat file (ProudClod.dat). This file contains all the display characters and battle script addresses and their values. If you decide to change the character set, update this file. If this file is not present in the same directory as ProudClod.exe, then PrC will use the standard FFVII display characters. Also, disassembly will not display functions of known address values.

As for "always miss" issue. You are saying that Barret can hit with his second weapon. Have you changed weapon's elemental attacks in Wallmarket?

Was it "Miss if not dead"?
It is for Phoenix down, if the target is alive, then the attack will miss. If you set this property for weapons, then you can get constant misses for attacks.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-07 10:20:15 by Raziel80 »

darknesshah66

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Scene files Editor - Bahamut (v1.02)
« Reply #13 on: 2019-11-09 13:49:03 »
Hey. I created account here just to tell you how awesome you are for making this tool ;P thank you.

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2019-11-10 13:43:17 »

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-01-31 19:54:36 »
Hi everyone !

I have one question.

If you open scene1 and use the "patch all" feature, does it patch scene2 and the others? or do you need to use it with every scene ?

When i used it the save buttom cannot be used, does it autosave ?

Thanks all

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-02-01 09:47:15 »
Hi everyone !

I have one question.

If you open scene1 and use the "patch all" feature, does it patch scene2 and the others? or do you need to use it with every scene ?

Hi. No, you do not need to use it with every scene. Buttons "patch all" can patch all scene files (they patch scenes: from scene9 to scene245). They patch all monsters except: 3 weapons (Ruby, Diamond, Emerald weapons) and except monster's parts such as pedestals and other similar, that cannot be targeted.
Do not forget to update the Kernel.bin file with Scene.bin. Example: open Scene.bin in Proud Clod program and press "Create Scene.bin", and on question: Check scene data in Kernel.bin? press "Yes" button and press "Yes" again to correct data in kernel. Use for this: Proud Clod or Hojo.

When i used it the save buttom cannot be used, does it autosave ?

Thanks all
Yes it saves scene files after you click the "patch all" button. The Save button turns off so as not to overwrite the data again of the currently opened file, because the data in the currently opened file has not been updated, you need to open file again (or click on the file in the list on the left side of program) to open updated file.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-01 16:33:42 by Raziel80 »

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2021-03-21 19:55:34 »
Bahamut (v1.03) changes:
Added "Save files manually" checkbox. Description:
If this checkbox is unchecked, then each file is saved automatically.
If this checkbox is checked, then save each file with Save button.

Now there is no need to save each scene file manually using the save button. Click another scene in the list to save the current file. If the file is saved, the text "Previous file saved" appears at the bottom of the program.

If you make some changes to a scene file and open another scene file using the Open button, all changes to the current scene file will be lost. The scene file is not automatically saved if you open another scene file using the Open button.