Poll

your thoughts on areas to focus on next...

New Boss Combinations?
Beast Sidekicks for Bosses?
Humanoid Sidekicks for Bosses?
AI mods for boring enemies?
New Enemy - AI + Texture Mod ideas (like my Neo Bahamut)?

Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] KLITLIKA'S Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger FF8 - V33  (Read 46295 times)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile

Example of some of the Many Changes in V10 :)

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

this glitch error happen to me today on your mod

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Thanks for the help... here is the Fix... (dead links removed)
« Last Edit: 2019-07-12 21:09:54 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
dead links removed...
« Last Edit: 2019-07-12 21:10:24 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
V11 LINKS ARE UP :)

Check out some changes like Triple is now M-Berserk+

« Last Edit: 2018-07-14 12:06:49 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

the V11 links have errors on them

the links show up like this http://%22https//megaupload.nz/3dT5p5f0b9/FF8_-_HARDER_BETTER_FASTER_STRONGER_-_GAMEPLAY_MODPACK_V11.part1.rar"

can you fix them please, because i would like to try out v11 of your mod

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2018-07-15 14:10:17 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

there is missing battle background on the desert prision area of your mod as well, the whole battle background is missing

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
hey

there is missing battle background on the desert prision area of your mod as well, the whole battle background is missing

oh with the Recut BattleFields Mod... :)
i'm 99% i wrote that one down already that thanks, trying to test out a bunch of areas and soon will try to upload a new version of that one too...
clearly i got excited about gameplay mods once i started...

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

I found yet another bug on your Mod, the MRV boss battle at the missle base it kinda of broken

what i mean is, that when the MRV boss uses the shotgun it sometimes does not take damage off of my party members

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Hey

I found yet another bug on your Mod, the MRV boss battle at the missle base it kinda of broken

what i mean is, that when the MRV boss uses the shotgun it sometimes does not take damage off of my party members

oh k good to know...
i found out WALL cast by enemies ends up on the party :P so that i have a few to change to something else :P
can't remember adjusting much on that boss so i'm surprised but obviously i'll look into it... :P thanks again for the info...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-20 04:17:57 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

the end of disc 2 sorcess battle is broken again, it saying that error message once again

Zara9

• View Profile
i need help please

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
i need help please

sorry you've encountered another one... the joys of being first to test that part... of the game... as i said, my biggest changes were to disc 3/4 so that's where testing has been done primarily and i'm still fixing issues here n there...
for eg, Sorceress Battles... 1st got currupted a while ago, i've since fixed it... 2nd Sorceress works but the last part of that battle vs Wormlike Sorceress is still broken... technically that is disc 4 anyway... so a while off where you are at...
i've been testing more and more boss fights, trying to confirm them as being ok...
as stated on discord i do sleep sometimes, like other humans, so sorry i was unresponsive :P
along with the Missile Base Boss (you said on of the moves did 0 DMG) i'll be modding a save to teleport to G-Garden's Big battles :P and i'll see how i go :)

the tools i use aren't all 100% either... they have bugs... so handy to use despite that, since i just wouldn't be trying without them... but it does mean... LOTS of testing...
a % of the public has gotta be trying this out yet not signing up to report bugs... so i am relying on my own testing, and anyone willing to let me know when/where there are bugs :P
once i feel like i have finished the majority of changes i have planned i'll be starting a completely fresh play-through... esp since the DRAWS available from allot of mobs + bosses have been tweaked also :P
DELING FIELD EDITOR + IFRIT ENEMY EDITOR + CACTILIO BATTLE SCENE EDITOR + DOOMTRAIN & CARBUNCLE for Kernel Edits... etc :P
changing enemies with cactilio for eg, hard to guess positioning co-ordinates in advance of seeing placement in-game... also many enemies seem to crash if loaded alongside another, so gradually making a list of small enemies / multi-mob compatible ones...

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

all i can think of is that save point being there before you fight the final boss at the end of disc 2, because that save point is not there on the original non modded version of ff8

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
hey

all i can think of is that save point being there before you fight the final boss at the end of disc 2, because that save point is not there on the original non modded version of ff8

huh, i didn't add any save points... you're probably using Move-Find? and it must be a hidden one i guess?
-----------------------
UPDATE:
so the MOD is currently broken for a few of the major battles...
End of Disc 2 - Edea...
Disc 3 - Mobile8 and possibly Seifer...
Start of Disc 4 - Last Phase of the Scorceress battles... needs re-testing, might work again?

a few crashes on modified random battles...
disc 1 Dollet Mission after the Bridge? needs re-testing, might be fixed...
Disc 2/3 Lunatic Pandora - not sure which room might have a crash still somewhere in there... (screen-shots of where would help)
Disc 4 should be cool, as far as my own testing goes... it's where i've modifed the most random battles but also where i've usually tested each area as i did so...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-18 03:18:46 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

how goes the testing on disc 2, 3 and 4 of your Mod so far

and keep up the great work on it

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Hey

was having big issues with the end of disc 2, but i finally started making progress again... update coming in the next couple hours hopefully :) btw LaMagica V2 the Magic / Limit Break / GF effect Upscale attempt by me has a new link up finally... try it out too :)

and this happened at one point :)
https://mega.nz/#!9qJB2arR!XUlwvTejIYWzSWGfOSbfl4zjeC6_t3fPkS7BOsxU7M4
« Last Edit: 2018-07-18 11:30:29 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Hey

Just uploaded V15... after finishing Disc 2 fixing / tweaking...
Alexander is no longer available at the end of disc 2... for now...
i'll figure out an alternate way to acquire him just a little later in-game probs...
i had a few headaches though, things got worse before they got better...
but yeah... now to re-test Mobile8 onwards again...
oh and it seems at least one GF might be broken... just found out...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-18 16:46:32 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
V16 IS UP :) Expect many fixes to crashes that were stopping Disc 2 from being finished etc...
Kernel.bin tweaks too :P
oh i i think i finally fixed Zell's Duel... DOLPHIN BLOW should work again finally :)
also weapon STR bonus and Attack Power adjusted for everyone... i'd appreciate some feedback :)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
NEW :) V17 - another round of fixes + kernel mods...
Disc 1 ... should be close to perfect... i started a new game while making v17 to re-check the first few hours in-game... :)
Disc 2 ... as far as i know everything should be fixed... (except maybe one attack done by missile base boss doing 0 dmg...?)
Disc 3 ... likewise... as far as i know everything should be fixed...
Disc 4 ... about a dozen small things on my to-do list + a few bugs that prevent us from beating disc 4 currently...

Carbuncle now available before even leaving Balamb Isle...
so that is now Quez + Shiva + Ifrit + Diablo + Bahamut (if you beat 2x lvl 25 twins inside FireCavern...) and now in v17 there is a Carbuncle to draw from a Random Encounter on Balamb Beach... :)
reminder GFs attacks in my mod don't ignore SPR stats... not even Eden or Bahamut or Doomtrain...
this really helped the re-balancing of Magic VS GF VS ATTACK... :) also Starter weapons have a little less Attack power then they did... should increase motivation to upgrade... drops added to make it easier for first few upgrades... around Balamb...

Link in first post...  8)

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

how are the test going on disc 4 so far on your mod, will disc 4 be fixed on your mod very soon

and i am really enjoying your mod so far

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
hey

how are the test going on disc 4 so far on your mod, will disc 4 be fixed on your mod very soon

and i am really enjoying your mod so far

well i'm re-testing random battles throughout the game... i really need more testers for those too :)
as far as disc 4, all the bosses except the final should work fine, allot of them weren't changed much because of disc 4 limitations... aka locked abilities for some of them...
and the order is not strict... if you are using my Re-Translation mod, i added a small message to let you know when you're at the Final Save Point...

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
V18 is up, Final Boss(es) should be functional + more fun then originally :) needs testing  :evil: btw also gave Geezard has some new moves... should make disc 1 a bit more interesting...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-20 09:50:47 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

disc 4 is still very much broken, i fought a couple of the sorcess battles fine until your mod crashed when it tried to load the newer sorcess to come down to battle squall party members, after the snowy field socress battles

and the sorcess ulimitea battle as soon as she done doing mega flare, softlocks the game but the charcaters are still moving but nothing happens
« Last Edit: 2018-07-21 00:05:30 by Zara9 »