Author Topic: Mods like New Threat or True Necrosis possible on iOS version of FF7?  (Read 4490 times)

Kulizma

• View Profile
Would it be at all possible to modify the gameplay of the iOS version of FF7 to have mods like New Threat, True Necrosis, Nightmare etc.? If so, what could it require in order to run/implement such mods? I have heard that the files are exactly identical to the PC version and people are able to edit their save files successfully with programs like Black Chocobo , hence where I got the idea of modding the gameplay.  ;D Thanks for your feedback!  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
It seems to be: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16331.0

According to the OP, the folder for the IOS version is the same as it is for the PC version so I'm assuming you could just drop modded files in there and it'll work without any special work (unless there's a file-size limit of some kind). Apparently the guy needed to hack his phone to gain access to those files though.

Kulizma

• View Profile
You're just the person I need to answer this :) I REALLY want to have New Threat on my iOS version. Is there anything else required other than to drag and drop the files in the patcher right into the folder in my phone? Are there any scripts or programs that the patcher requires that might present a problem?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
You're just the person I need to answer this :) I REALLY want to have New Threat on my iOS version. Is there anything else required other than to drag and drop the files in the patcher right into the folder in my phone? Are there any scripts or programs that the patcher requires that might present a problem?

.if you want mods on ios version you are going to have to manually install them . i would not expect a single installer tool would run on your phone they are not scripts or compiled installers for your phones OS. Be very careful and have backups of all your data.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-10 12:34:36 by sithlord48 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Your best bet is to patch a PC copy of FF7 with NT, and then take the following files out from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data:

-) Battle.lgp (battle folder)
-) Char.lgp (Field folder)
-) Flevel.lgp (Field folder)
-) Scene.bin (lang-en/battle folder for steam, otherwise same place as battle.lgp)
-) Kernel.bin & Kernel2.bin (lang-en/kernel folder for steam)

Those are the five main files of the mod. If you're able to access the IOS files directly, then replacing the IOS versions of the above files with NT ones should do the trick.

Kulizma

• View Profile
Yes that's what I was planning on doing. I know the patcher wont run on iOS. I was thinking of mounting the directory on my PC and patching it and then importing them back, but alas I cannot figure out how to access the files in my phone without jailbreaking it. From what I have read, it isn't possible or easy to jailbreak the newer iOS versions. Also I have a 5c which I don't think is compatible with jailbreak software. It would have been an awesome alternative to FF7 fans that own the iOS version. Thank you for taking your time to reply!