Author Topic: FF7: The Remove spell from the Exit Materia  (Read 2731 times)

Kefka

• View Profile
FF7: The Remove spell from the Exit Materia
« on: 2016-10-12 18:54:56 »
Hello all, I don't know if my request is doable or not (but I sure hope so), but anyways:

The Remove spell from the Exit materia has that side-effect of denying you any gil from the defeated enemies, and I was wondering if it was possible to change it so that it reduces EXP to 0 instead of gil.

I'm working on a hack that allows a true low level game for FF7, and the main obstacle here is to make it through all the mandatory battles without gaining EXP. I know I could simply use Hojo to make all enemies from mandatory battles give 0 EXP, but I don't like that idea, as those that choose to play the game normally should still be able to gain EXP from those enemies. I did put all bosses at 0 EXP, though, as that's how all other FFs from 5 to 9 did it. I like how FF9 solved that problem by giving the player the possibility to beat enemies without gaining EXP via the Break and Stop spells, so I'd like to create a similar spell for FF7.

Did anybody already take a closer look at the Remove spell? Would it be a complicated change from 0 gil to 0 EXP?