Author Topic: Some mods failing to load  (Read 4034 times)

Tray

• View Profile
Some mods failing to load
« on: 2017-06-28 02:10:36 »
Hey, I recently tried using the 7th Heaven tool to mod FF7 and I'm having an issue getting certain mods to activate.  Initially the Catalog was empty and I included the line "iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu" in my subscriptions section under Settings in order to get them to appear.  I'm following the guide posted here:  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

I've noticed a couple of the mods don't seem to be present when I launch the game.  The field textures and the New Threat mods seem like they're working fine, but the battle and field character model mods don't seem to work.  There's also a lot of files appearing in my 7th Heaven library that didn't seem to be mentioned, BackupGC, data, direct, DLL_in, etc.  I've tried with these launching the game with these active and inactive but neither seem to work. 

I'm currently using the Steam version and I'm running off of an external hardrive if that makes any difference.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-28 02:15:21 by Tray »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Some mods failing to load
« Reply #1 on: 2017-06-28 02:49:42 »
No idea about those weird file names listed in your Mod Library. They're not a part of the Catalog I created.

To get your models working, go to Workshop - > Settings and add direct to the Additional Folders box. This is shown in the written tutorial.

Tray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-28 04:17:03 »
That did it, sorry about that.  It looks like I accidentally pasted the music file twice.

Thanks for the help.

Darwin9876

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-11-01 13:06:36 »
This happens to me as well.
None of the mods that affect character's modelling seem to load, yet others like the music or the background picture at the start of the game do.
I do have music and direct as extra folders and I have followed the guide and put every mod in its correct load order, I have made sure several dozens of times, too.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-11-01 14:46:10 »
In the aali driver settings, make sure there's a check in the "Direct mode" box

Darwin9876

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-11-01 16:02:13 »
I don't have the Aali seetings in 7thHeaven, probably because I am using v1.54 to avoid bugs with Remako, and I can't find that box in my OpenGL Driver Configuration. Any tips? Should I update 7thHeaven?

Thanks for the help :)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-11-01 22:57:07 »
I don't have the Aali seetings in 7thHeaven, probably because I am using v1.54 to avoid bugs with Remako, and I can't find that box in my OpenGL Driver Configuration. Any tips? Should I update 7thHeaven?

Thanks for the help :)
You can also find it towards the very end of the "ff7_opengl.cfg" file (should be in the same folder as ff7.exe and all the other stuff).

Edit:  If you're happy running 7H v1.54, just stick with it.  Newer versions don't really add anything critical.