Author Topic: Playstation 2 question  (Read 3827 times)

big_boss

Playstation 2 question
« on: 2009-06-12 18:14:02 »
I heard somewhere that it was possible to play Sega Genesis games on a Playstation 2 via a CD-R. Is there any truth to this? If so, how is it done?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Playstation 2 question
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-12 18:15:08 »
You can do it with an ARMAX Evo edition - it has a built in megadrive/genesis emulator.

big_boss

« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-12 19:21:25 »
You can do it with an ARMAX Evo edition - it has a built in megadrive/genesis emulator.

Maybe so, but I have some questions:

A) Does it HAVE to be the Evo Edition?

B) I do have an Action Replay MAX, but How do I know if it's EVO edition or not?

C) How do I get the ROMs?

D) Does the standard Action Replay MAX have this built in emulator?

E) How do I access this built in Emulator (ARMAX: EVO)?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-12 19:34:59 »
A) Yes, Yes it does.

B) There will be extra options in the menu, unless my memory isnt up to scratch.

C) You'll have to google it, i'm not sure being seen to help piracy will help my popularity here, or anywhere for that matter. if you already own the game, however, i THINK it's a different story.

D) No. im pretty sure it doesnt.

E) You have to go into the max media player and insert a disc with a ROM on, if i remember correctly. then i think the emulator loads automatically.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-12 22:54:08 »
You need to create a cd-r that has the ps2 genesis emulator and roms you want to play on it. You'll have to find out how to do that by yourself (its really easy to google). I used swap magic to play any games I had copies of, but if your ps2 is already modded, you're laughing. (Requires some method of playing non-official sony discs, obviously).

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-13 15:44:52 »
you can do it the swapmagic way, but most people don't have a PS2 with homebrew capabilities. so like whatever.
@big_boss if you dont know what a swapmagic is, it's best just to use armax evo.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-14 01:41:13 »
you can do it the swapmagic way, but most people don't have a PS2 with homebrew capabilities. so like whatever.
@big_boss if you dont know what a swapmagic is, it's best just to use armax evo.

What do you mean by a "ps2 with homebrew capabilities"?

No ps2 has homebrew capabilites, thats why you have to create a homebrew disc and then load it by either swapmagic or a modchip. The program you burn to the disc is formatted in a way the ps2 understands?

big_boss

« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-14 06:07:14 »

Do you know where I can find an AR-MAX: EVO edition (PlayStation 2)? I can't find one on ebay, unless there's a website (or websites) you can order it on...

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-14 09:16:00 »
an unmodded ps2 with fmcb installed on memory card is a good example.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: 2009-06-14 12:21:51 »
i really just meant if the guy doesnt have any magickeys or a slide-tool. i just kinda worded it wrong though :/ sorry.