Author Topic: Locking threads  (Read 6644 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Locking threads
« on: 2019-05-16 18:13:30 »
Locking threads because one fool turns up and abuses me isn't really cool.  It just plays into the hands of the troll, so I request it be reopened.

Second, Ric instigated it and was 100% worse, yet is not moderated.  That needs addressing.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Locking threads
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-16 23:14:33 »
+1 Agree.  I typically don't question moderators, but DLPB was not the instigator, nor does he deserve the more severe punishment.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-17 00:58:07 »
Second, Ric instigated it and was 100% worse, yet is not moderated.  That needs addressing.

I instigated it, yet on the post I quoted, you were going off on someone for "lack of IQ".
Besides all I did was call you basic, ask what your achievements were and ask you if you really believed your IQ was above average. To which you again replied with "low IQ insults" and "shite brain". (lmao).

I do agree that locking threads isn't cool though. It's not like there was excessive profanity, actual threats or anything too crazy but oh well.

I'd also agree with equal punishment.

🤷‍♂️
« Last Edit: 2019-05-17 01:02:52 by -Ric- »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-05-17 02:34:07 »
you were going off on someone for "lack of IQ"
That "someone" would be the general drivel-watching populace.  The use of deus ex machina, plot armor, and other gimmicks to get the heroes out of trouble, protect someone who by all rights should be pushing up daisies, and other general show-writing laziness that we have to put up with these days.

ask what your achievements were
Uhh... heard of Reunion?  That's his.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-05-17 03:18:54 »
That "someone" would be the general drivel-watching populace.  The use of deus ex machina, plot armor, and other gimmicks to get the heroes out of trouble, protect someone who by all rights should be pushing up daisies, and other general show-writing laziness that we have to put up with these days.

The point isn't at whom it was aimed. It's what it was aimed at someone, period. If you dish it out, you gotta be able to take it.

Uhh... heard of Reunion?  That's his.

Well I asked about his achievements as far as Tv/Script writing goes. Not about everything he's ever done. I'm obviously aware of his work with Reunion. One thing has nothing to do with the other.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 00:45:08 by -Ric- »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2019-05-17 12:05:45 »
I'm going to unlock the GoT thread because I want to continue talking about it, and I don't find it justified to lock everyone from conversation over a couple's feud (Sorry Covarr <3).

With that said, I need to ask you two to restrain from personal attacks. Don't make me regret this.

You both are now on Watched status.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-05-17 13:17:57 »
We'll behave.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-05-17 21:05:10 »
+1 Agree.  I typically don't question moderators, but DLPB was not the instigator, nor does he deserve the more severe punishment.
My reasoning was mostly based on moderation history; more specifically, only one of the involved users has been warned repeatedly for this type of personal attack over the years. That said, I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday, so deferring to EQ2Alyza's judgment is probably wisest.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-05-17 22:24:32 »
A little walk down memory lane where Ric is concerned.
Thettle down, Beavith ;)  Ric hasn't even been around as long as I have (and that's not saying much).

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-05-18 17:39:00 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14182.msg236191#msg236191

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16072.msg234606#msg234606

A little walk down memory lane where Ric is concerned.  A few more posts besides that one.

Well if you consider those "personal attacks"... alright lol. Also hilarious how you bring up a post of me calling you out for bringing up the subject of executing someone, in this forum. Thumbs up for highlighting your toxic history.

Thettle down, Beavith ;)  Ric hasn't even been around as long as I have (and that's not saying much).

My account is actually over 10 years old so I'm not sure if sarcasm or what.

It's not a big deal anyway, is it, really ;)

None of it was a big deal to start with. Again, it's not like there were any threats, excessive profanity or even "abuse". But oh well.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-05-19 01:26:32 »
Well we could defer to my judgement which is to ban everyone involved. But i have been told i am a little too harsh in my judgements lately.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-07-18 20:47:49 »
i am a little too harsh in my judgements lately.

Disagree

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-07-19 00:25:34 »
Well we could defer to my judgement which is to ban everyone involved. But i have been told i am a little too harsh in my judgements lately.
Ah, the good old days of just banning everyone and locking threads left and right.  So much nostalgia

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-07-19 12:25:50 »
Ah, the good old days of just banning everyone and locking threads left and right.  So much nostalgia

Right? Those were the good ol' days