Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game played fine until "Insert Disc 2" won't let me pass  (Read 3678 times)

smlsound

• View Profile
I've been enjoying the absolute heck out of this game as a modded masterpiece. As soon as I got to where you'd normally have to insert disc 2, the game seems to be waiting for me to do that, but I don't have a disc to insert obviously. The tutorial only came with the one "blank" ISO for ff7 disc1 so I couldn't just simply mount another ISO file, but that seems like what I should be able to do.

I'm running the steam version, and again, have zero other problems (other than the menu being squished and battle meters/spell selections being super wonky looking no matter what .exe file I use).

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-09 22:36:11 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
All disc changes read for an FF7DISC1. It's a simple check used back in the days. You need to mount FF7DISC1 to the drive letter that it was assigned to by the game converter. Check FF7_GC.log to see which it is.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
You click on it like you would open any other program and it'll create a drive for you that used with the game converter that'll read it.

smlsound

• View Profile
All disc changes read for an FF7DISC1. It's a simple check used back in the days. You need to mount FF7DISC1 to the drive letter that it was assigned to by the game converter. Check FF7_GC.log to see which it is.

How do I find that log? Lol. I'm such a noob. This converter is so easy to use that idiots like me can get into serious trouble haha.

Just to be clear, even though the game launched and was running fine, then stopped while I was playing (shortly after Aeris' death) when disc 2 is required, it's just that the ISO wasn't assigned to the correct drive letter?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
FF7_GC.log should be in the game folder.

smlsound

• View Profile
I can't find the log. FF7_GC.log is nowhere to be found in the game folder. for me it's D:\DSteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII and there's no file of that name.

I don't know if the drive letter is the issue. The game launches fine with the ISO loaded into drive letter E: every time I've played it. It won't actually even launch if the ISO is loaded to a different letter. It's only now having a problem because it's supposed to go to disc 2 and I can't figure out why.

smlsound

• View Profile
Just to make sure, I just loaded a save in the forgotten city. Game loads/plays/looks/runs fine. As soon as I launch it with a save (played on my non modded system) that goes past Disc 2 it won't work. Before someone asks, I've played the same game back and forth on the modded and non-modded versions probably 12 times and there's never been an issue. Furthermore, this problem started as I was playing the 7th h modded version. Now whenever I load it just says "Please insert Disc 2" and has a picture of Aeris and the Highwind.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Does D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\DLL_in have FF7anyCDv2.dll in it?

smlsound

• View Profile
Does D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\DLL_in have FF7anyCDv2.dll in it?

No! There isn't a DLL_in in that game folder! Here's a screen shot

This is the D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII folder sorted alphabetically from the top. There's no DLL_in or FF7anyCDv2.dll for that matter.

iDerek759

• View Profile
Try running the GC again as admin. and chose the Overwrite option, it'll redo the conversion process and setup the correct folders/files/exe's again.

smlsound

• View Profile
Try running the GC again as admin. and chose the Overwrite option, it'll redo the conversion process and setup the correct folders/files/exe's again.

Brilliant! Loaded right up! Thank you kind sir (or zer, or lady).