Author Topic: Sephiroth Limit break  (Read 6503 times)

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
Sephiroth Limit break
« on: 2010-09-28 13:12:11 »
Hi everyone !

I have a little problem : I'm trying to mod FFVII, I want to try some possibility before starting a big mod.

I've take makou reactor, and I've creat a little script : The first character is Sephiroth, he's on the sector 1 train station, and there is a battle VS Cloud.

I've used Wallmarket and put sephiroth's limit bar to full But in battle, sephiroth limit bar is always empty...

I've read some post about sephiroth and vincent battle data, but I don't have realy understand how to give vincent's limit break to sephiroth...

I want to know how to make somethin like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDpnsWNAQ-w

Anyone got an Idea ?

thank

(sources : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10223.msg142873#msg142873)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Sephiroth Limit break
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-28 13:30:02 »
I've used Wallmarket and put sephiroth's limit bar to full But in battle, sephiroth limit bar is always empty...

Wait..what? WM can't do that; Or are those two separate thoughts? Oh well.

As for limits, I think only Char IDs 0-8 get their limit bars filled. That's everyone except the Young Cloud and Sephiroth IDs. If you want Sephiroth to have a limit you'll have to replace an existing character. Vincent's just the logical choice since he transforms for his limits.

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-28 16:41:56 »
In Wallmarket, in [Initial Data/character Data], on the Right of window, there's a "Limit related" section, with a "limit bar" bottom.

But How to change character ID ? In .exe file ? or swiping some files ?

I've try to change all "vinsent.DAT" of the EXE file in "sefiros.DAT" and vice versa. And the game crash when the battle starting If I have Sephiroth or Vincent in my team...

And when I change One of "SEFIROS.DAT" in "VINSENT.DAT" and vice versa, I swip Vincent and Sephiroth skin in battle but others change nothing...

Thanks for your reply  ;D
« Last Edit: 2010-09-28 17:25:31 by xXrenoXx »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-02 13:37:39 »
As NFITC1 indicates, only certain characters even get their limit bars filled, although it's theoretically feasible that an AI counter script might be able to manipulate the bar (though whether you'd even get limits when the bar is full is a completely different matter).

The usual method is to replace a char with Sephiroth. But limits are still an issue- obviously, he can't use other people's limit animations. I haven't tested to see if he can transform a la Vincent, but I believe you could use WM to have him use spells for limits. You could mod materia so that four spell slots are reserved for Sephiroth, then create your own "limits".

AlephNaut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-03 00:15:01 »
If you look, you'll see that the Safer Sephiroth transformation in the video uses Chaos Saber, which is used by Chaos, one of Vincent's transformations.

So, yeah, you'll have to replace Vincent.

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-05 17:20:21 »
ok Bosola, but how can I change the Character ID ? I don't find it in ff7.exe or kernel.bin ..

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-05 19:23:28 »
I don't think I can help you make something like the video you showed, that was badass.  Here are some examples of the Limit Breaks I have been able to use for Sephiroth (using WallMarket and PEC psx emulator cheating device)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86taLuvg5uc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAsFbQE2L6I

This is from Anti-GSC.com for Sephiroth Limit Breaks NTSC version
800F5E9C 00FF--fill his limit bar
D0099BEC FFEO--get his limit to work
80163762 0007
3009DD3E 0001--fix the appearence of his limit box

Hope this helps.  If you do use this method, you should show us what you make him do :)

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-05 20:23:26 »
thanks, but your work is for the PSX, but I'm working on the PC version. :|

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-05 20:28:50 »
Oh my bad, sorry.  Hope someone else can you help then.

xXrenoXx

• View Profile
    • Seibu
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-12 19:50:52 »
OK I've change Sephiroth ID and make him as Vincent. So Sephiroth HAVE Vincent's limit break. But when he perform his limit, the animation isn't good... he don't transform but he's attacking, and he don't perform a attack, he do nothing but the camera change and the enemy die... any idea ?

Robbyn

« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-20 02:54:25 »
Off topic but really close. -       I remember playing on the PSX with  a gameshark in the back.  There was a code to put in that would change Vincent to Sephiroth.  But you couldn't control him, it was the same as when you fight with him in the memory. He just does his own thing.   (Still was the coolest thing ever if you ask me)