Author Topic: a few Yes/No questions  (Read 5607 times)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
a few Yes/No questions
« on: 2010-06-05 22:29:41 »
I don't need any links to any tutorials, I don't want anyone to tell me how or even to point me in the direction of a thread.
I'm not about to say how many tabs I have open mentioning the Kimera program from me searching through these forums.
I'm not about to ask for a long winded explanation.
Just a simple yes or no for a few questions, don't want anyone to tell me how, I will figure it out myself.

This first image is of the APZ Cloud model for FF7 in the Kimera program.

Notice the image of Cloud is in full color and all of it's glory and wonderful detail that APZ placed into it (good work sir I enjoy using this model during gameplay.)

This next image is of what happens when I double-click the head of the model.

Notice it's in wire frame and that there is no color.

I may or may not have a second question, but the main question is as follows:

Is it possible to view the head of the model in this sep. window with full color and detail as the full model.

Yes, or No.

Please and Thank you.

I repeat; Do NOT tell me HOW to do it.
Just tell me if it's possible to do so.

[Edit]

2nd Question:

If it IS infact IMPOSSIBLE to do so from this method

Am I correct in assuming that one must open a different file completely to view JUST the head that would open in full color?
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 22:36:53 by ludokreshx »

Mako

• View Profile
Re: a few Yes/No questions
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-05 22:33:54 »
Anything is possible with the right programming language.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-05 22:52:34 »
then i think its about time i set a restore point for my computer cuz im about to start effing with things till it works the way i want it to

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-05 23:09:23 »
No, You can't do that in Kimera. But why would you want to? You don't need to see it textured in that view. If you for some reason need to view just the head textured, hit "Remove part from bone" after clicking every other part of the model. (Obviously, don't save it afterwards)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-06 00:48:33 »
I don't need any links to any tutorials, I don't want anyone to tell me how or even to point me in the direction of a thread.
I'm not about to say how many tabs I have open mentioning the Kimera program from me searching through these forums.
I'm not about to ask for a long winded explanation.
Just a simple yes or no for a few questions, don't want anyone to tell me how, I will figure it out myself.

This first image is of the APZ Cloud model for FF7 in the Kimera program.

Notice the image of Cloud is in full color and all of it's glory and wonderful detail that APZ placed into it (good work sir I enjoy using this model during gameplay.)

This next image is of what happens when I double-click the head of the model.

Notice it's in wire frame and that there is no color.

I may or may not have a second question, but the main question is as follows:

Is it possible to view the head of the model in this sep. window with full color and detail as the full model.

Yes, or No.

Please and Thank you.

I repeat; Do NOT tell me HOW to do it.
Just tell me if it's possible to do so.

[Edit]

2nd Question:

If it IS infact IMPOSSIBLE to do so from this method

Am I correct in assuming that one must open a different file completely to view JUST the head that would open in full color?

Hey ludokreshx,

Ive seen a few of the topics you've posted, and People here will be GLAD to help, just do simple searches first, no one is telling you to search for 5 hours and figure everything out on your on, they are saying don't come in here asking questions that are readily available through a simple search.

People here have to deal with the EXACT same questions every day for months, it makes you get a little touchy when people ask for info they could have easily gotten theirselves.

On the other hand, your question now is nothing like that...Like I said dont sound like we are going to attack you or something because you asked a question, just dont ask stupid questions lol.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-06 01:05:14 »
I'm kind of confused and this may be a good thread to ask. Why is it that when you open a single part file that is originally made by square the texture can be seen while if its a custom model it cannot?? Just wondering..

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-06 01:09:14 »
What they said.  
Honestly it would be pretty helpful to be able to view the texture while in P Editor.  Every now and then when messing with models I'll discover a small hole somewhere, and it can be a complete pain trying to figure out where to move which vertices when all you have to go off of his wireframe.

Borde hasn't been here in forever though :(  But he has released his VB6 source if you know how to make your own changes.
I'm kind of confused and this may be a good thread to ask. Why is it that when you open a single part file that is originally made by square the texture can be seen while if its a custom model it cannot?? Just wondering..
Because it's not a texture.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-06 02:34:22 »
Which basically means the only way I'm going to be able to re-color the uniform and change the head is by finding a way to open this model in blender or something, correct?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-06 02:47:25 »
Not really. More specifically you need to open the texture files and change them in photoshop or similar.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-06 02:56:04 »
that sounds like a simpler task but i don't have photoshop, nor do i have the money to pay for it at the money.

looks like i'm out of luck for the time being.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-06 03:02:11 »
I sometimes use GIMP 2.0 to edit some pics and its free and much easier to use than adobe. :)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-06 03:11:48 »
do u just open up the file as it is inside the program and just edit it from there?

[edit]

*sry, I now understand why the grammar thing is a big deal, the cross language barrier*

(retype of the question)

Do you just open up the file of the model as it is inside the program, and just edit it as it is?

and for the most part you pretty much answered the question. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-06 03:20:21 by ludokreshx »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-06-06 03:15:49 »
do u just open up the file as it is inside the program and just edit it from there?
Not sure what you're question is.. But you'll edit the bmp image of the texture. Example is you use img2tex to convert a .tex file to bmp then open gimp 2.0 and edit the bmp there like change the color of the clothes or hair and then you can now apply it to your model. Sorry if I didn't answer your question I don't understood what you were asking..