Author Topic: And of course, another At Gondola On Date crash  (Read 5582 times)

ace77

And of course, another At Gondola On Date crash
« on: 2005-01-02 03:28:03 »
Well.. i'm completely and utterly stuck at the famous, world-reknowned gondola crash.. could any kind, generous, helpful soul play through this bit for me?

I've saved just before finding out the train out of Gold Saucer is broken.. that's the closest i can save at.

http://www.geocities.com/adrianke77/save09.zip

Save me any-one, you're my last hope.

« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-02 20:27:12 »
Say, are you willing to be a guinea pig for a little bit? I've got a new idea on what might be wrong and just want to test it. If it works, then we can make a patch. If not, I'll play through the part for you.

What I need to know:
(1) Whether you have the Standard or Maximum Install
(2) Whether you're using the "running movies off the hard drive trick" or not

I'd like to know the exact size of your flevel.lgp file located in [ff7 directory]\data\field\ (right-click+properties) If the size is different between what's on your cd and what's on your hard drive, I want to know the sizes of both.

If you're not running the movies off the hard drive, I'd suggest trying it because sometimes it fixes the problem. If you're already running them off the hard drive, I want to know the exact size of the following files:
boogdemo.avi (since you're having Cosmo Canyon problems as well)
boogstar.avi
boogdown.avi
boogup.avi
gold2.avi
gold3.avi
gold4.avi
gold5.avi
gold6.avi
gold7.avi
gold7_2.avi
moviecam.lgp

ace77

erm
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-02 21:37:02 »
Er. Let's put it this way. You probably won't believe me but.. Er. I lost my first copy of FF7 when my mom threw out all my games a few years ago. And then another copy i bought last year didn't work on my PC, so i gave that away. And i couldn't find a copy in the shop last saturday (It's PAINFUL finding the empty box on the shelf and then the guy saying it's out of stock.. i mean, c'mon, take it off the shelf then! ) , so this one is.. er.. downloaded. With no movie files. (The 3 kb movies version.)

I figured i've paid for two copies but never got to complete the game, so, er, it's alright? (Situational ethics, admittedly. )

By the way, not being able to see FMVs is... horrible.

Erm. Having said that ..  

flevel/lgp is 272,240 kbytes.  Sorry, wish i didn't toss my old games to someone else but i did.

Sigh. Anyone still want to help me out?

« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-02 23:30:43 »
I figured i've paid for two copies but never got to complete the game, so, er, it's alright?

Well, if you're as serious as you claim about tyring to buy a copy, the PSX version is cheap and still pretty widely available. Just use an emulator and configure the controls to PC version controls and it will almost be like you haven't left (assuming you really ever actually owned the game.)

With no movie files.

Good Lord. I'm surprised you've been able to make it this far. There's a *ton* of scenes coming up with transitional movies. If you somehow make it through those without crashing, I'm going to stare in disbelief.

flevel/lgp is 272,240 kbytes.

o_O
What the heck did they do to it?! (or are you on a FAT32 partition or something?) It *should* be about 120MB. What's the size of moviecam.lgp?

Sigh. Anyone still want to help me out?

Well, I already played through the save. So, because of that (and since you've given me some useful info) I guess I can help you out this time...although I'd like to poke around with that flevel.lgp.
I won't help you once you get stuck in Junon (although hopefully you'll have wised up and gotten a legit copy by then.)

ace77

« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-03 10:11:49 »
Widely available? Not over here it's not. I'm in Singapore. The new replaces the old instaneously.. i tried checking out PSX versions that day too, no luck there.

Right.. anyway, thanks..

« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-03 21:32:30 »
Fine. Send me a little money and I'll buy a copy and send it to you. Fair enough? How much would it go for in Singapore, *if* you could find a copy?

http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/save09(ace77).zip Here's the save. It'll be up for  1 week.
Out of sheer curiousity, do you even have a copy of moviecam.lgp?

ace77

Eh
« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-04 11:30:28 »
Eh. I just got a copy of the Ultima version. It all works fine now.. Thanks for everything though.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-04 21:21:34 »
Let's hope it has no problems at all then, since you understand you can't ask for help if it does not. Since we have no way to verify people saying "I lost my real copy", we treat everyone as liars. I trust you buy will buy other SquareEnix/FF7 products though (which are or will be available soon) to show your support if you indeed are a fan.

I mean, it would be a shame if SquareEnix went to all that trouble to appease the FF7 fanbase only to see all the "fans" download Advent Children and whatnot on BitTorrent.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-05 06:33:40 »
Quote from: Qhimm
I trust you buy will buy other SquareEnix/FF7 products though (which are or will be available soon) to show your support if you indeed are a fan.

Wow! Its like a talking advertisement poster ^_^

But yeah, I agree. Square have worked very hard to make AC and all the other random titles, It will be a shame to see them pirated right off the bat really.

ace77

ace77
« Reply #9 on: 2005-01-05 10:12:07 »
The moment Advent Children comes out, it's got my S$8.50 for the ticket for sure.

Although I still say Cloud looks like a girl.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #10 on: 2005-01-05 14:27:18 »
Ticket?

You realize that Advent Children is a direct-to-DVD release?

ace77

« Reply #11 on: 2005-01-06 15:18:41 »
... that's just exploiting us.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #12 on: 2005-01-07 05:34:28 »
Exploiting us by providing products we've nagged about for the last seven years? Yeah, those SquareEnix guys are real bastards...

Not to mention the fact that the last time they released something to the cinemas they nearly went bankrupt due to lack of income. I have no problem with a direct-to-DVD release, on the contrary. I would still wait for and buy a DVD release if they showed it in cinemas, which is understandable since it's a CG movie after all, I want to see the exact details of the wizardry they do over at Square.

Anyway, I wish they'd hurry up and ship it already. At this rate I will have already left Japan before it becomes available for sale...

ace77

« Reply #13 on: 2005-01-07 12:29:10 »
..and yet the trailers are so seductive..

-----

And i only just found out about Dirge of Cerebus..

vincent valentine! it's just so cool - guns, red cloaks and changing into monsters...

MOD EDIT: Edited two posts into one post.  Please don't double-post, you can edit your previous posts.