Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Millenia's custom models - CLOUD SWORDS RELEASED 30/4  (Read 377985 times)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #150 on: 2009-07-22 12:29:18 »
They're almost a direct copy of what's on the images on the first page.

As seen hurr.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #151 on: 2009-07-22 12:33:28 »
Not to be rude, but your Chinese lettering is 5 kinds of screwed up. I can't even read it.You mind posting a screen shot of the original model and I'll get you a high resolution version of what the proper characters.

Yeah I do know 4 languages but chinese isn't one of them, I just traced them from that low-resolution pic DragonNinja posted.

E:/ I AM ON FIRE TODAY  8-)

« Last Edit: 2009-07-22 13:03:54 by Millenia »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #152 on: 2009-07-22 14:21:28 »
arrrr millenia!!! you made the stub texture on the gatling gun sheet! this is messing up lotsa things ><

Well kind of; I made the stub as a part of the gatling gun originally since I didn't know they have to be separate >_>
How does it mess things up though? It shouldn't really change anything D:

I hate to have this be my first post in the topic and sound like a douche, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. Are the holes in the buster sword intended to be off-center for some reason? The buster sword is supposed to have them directly in the middle of the blade, right above the handle. This is otherwise the definitive model IMO as it stays true to the original instead of the Crisis Core/PS3 Demo remodel. Kudos for going that route, I agree 100% - the nuts-and-bolts style of the original is superior to the newer stuff.

Yeah I didn't have a side reference picture in Max, I just looked at pics and roughly estimated the proportions etc so everything might not be exactly in place, sorry D:

E:/ Hardedge!

its because the stub also has a portion of his arm, which is textured from the skin/barret texture, and one object cant access 2 textures.so either add some skin on the gatling or move the stub over, nehow i'll talk to u soon, as there are a few other changes to be made, gratz on the swords!

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #153 on: 2009-07-22 14:29:53 »
Actually, if you make it into 2 groups, i THINK you can tell each group to reference a different texture. i could be wrong though.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #154 on: 2009-07-22 14:34:37 »
arrrr millenia!!! you made the stub texture on the gatling gun sheet! this is messing up lotsa things ><

Well kind of; I made the stub as a part of the gatling gun originally since I didn't know they have to be separate >_>
How does it mess things up though? It shouldn't really change anything D:

I hate to have this be my first post in the topic and sound like a douche, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. Are the holes in the buster sword intended to be off-center for some reason? The buster sword is supposed to have them directly in the middle of the blade, right above the handle. This is otherwise the definitive model IMO as it stays true to the original instead of the Crisis Core/PS3 Demo remodel. Kudos for going that route, I agree 100% - the nuts-and-bolts style of the original is superior to the newer stuff.

Yeah I didn't have a side reference picture in Max, I just looked at pics and roughly estimated the proportions etc so everything might not be exactly in place, sorry D:

E:/ Hardedge!

its because the stub also has a portion of his arm, which is textured from the skin/barret texture, and one object cant access 2 textures.so either add some skin on the gatling or move the stub over, nehow i'll talk to u soon, as there are a few other changes to be made, gratz on the swords!

Well I guess I could try to squeeze the stub onto the Barret texture in that case.

Tsetra

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #155 on: 2009-07-22 14:36:23 »

No worries, I was just curious. It's a pretty common mistake I see in a lot of mods, in fact I did the same thing the first time I drew it since I drew it completely from memory.
New swords are looking crisp, good stuff. I'm interested to see your take on Ultima Weapon now.  :-)

squallff8

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #156 on: 2009-07-22 15:00:00 »
Millenia -YOU AWESOME!

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #157 on: 2009-07-22 15:28:06 »

I found it.

It's supposed to read "ittouroudan" (一刀両断) which is Japanese for "cutting in two with a single stroke" Here's a nice high-resolution version of the characters on it.

I would strongly suggest you change the characters. It looks really stupid with jibberish on it. Not only that, the one on top is *backwards*.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-22 15:30:29 by halkun »

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #158 on: 2009-07-22 15:29:39 »
Thanks Halkun! I owe you one :-D

I'll go change 'em immediately

E:/

Much MUCH better. Thanks again :D
« Last Edit: 2009-07-22 15:34:07 by Millenia »

Ragna

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #159 on: 2009-07-22 16:21:39 »
Congratulations!!
You are doing an awesome job here, pal!!
Still the Japanese characters in the upper screenshot of the 'Hardedge' are mirrored.
Maybe it's me... Should you fix it?

Indeed, I think they should be only in one side of the sword, not both.

PS.: Keep up the good work!!!! :-)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #160 on: 2009-07-22 16:29:59 »
The uvmap is mirrored so they'll automatically be on both sides :/

And I think the reason they seem to be mirrored is because the sword is in fact upside down in the render (unless you already took this into account)

Also; high-5 to you for being Finnish  :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-07-22 16:34:14 by Millenia »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #161 on: 2009-07-22 16:43:08 »
Kudos finding the original kanji for the hardedge, halkun! I'm studying japanese and I couldn't make out what the pic said, either.

The butterfly sword looks nice, but isn't it missing a materia slot..?
« Last Edit: 2009-07-22 16:46:38 by titeguy3 »

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #162 on: 2009-07-22 17:10:56 »
Ick, completely forgot about that >_>

Oh well, it's already converted so I don't feel like changing - it's not like it'll make a HUGE difference ingame :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #163 on: 2009-07-22 18:03:45 »
Words can no longer express my appreciation for these textures

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #164 on: 2009-07-22 18:19:29 »
Yea, that kanji is reversed in the top, you may just have to make a separate mapping for the other side.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #165 on: 2009-07-22 18:22:24 »
4 first swords released, check the first post.

Caveat: you will want, probably need to, use Aali's driver with these babies (not that you wouldn't want to anyway!) - the 4 swords are on a single, 24-bit 1024x1024 texture.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-22 18:29:35 by Millenia »

Millenia's custom models
« Reply #166 on: 2009-07-22 20:05:14 »
Kudos finding the original kanji for the hardedge, halkun! I'm studying japanese and I couldn't make out what the pic said, either.

I  second this!

lol... It looks wrong to me..... sorry.
I needs the second materia slot.. if its going to be to the original..........

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #167 on: 2009-07-23 00:37:59 »
idk but this is AWESOME! :)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #168 on: 2009-07-23 03:04:41 »
how do u import these into the game? sorry to ask such a nooby question

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #169 on: 2009-07-23 03:55:27 »

Decompile your battle.LPG into a new folder using Ficedula's LGP tools program, then put the files you downloaded into the folder then when it asks you to overwrite the files say yes. Then create a new LGP called battle (if you deleted the older LGP) or call it battle2 then rename the older one to something else to battle BAK, and rename the battle2 to battle.

Then it should work.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 03:59:28 by Masa-Buster »

Tsetra

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #170 on: 2009-07-23 04:14:47 »

I  second this!

Hard Edge is also missing it's slots on the side of the hand guard as well. I guess it's just a matter of accepting what's been given.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #171 on: 2009-07-23 04:28:00 »
Yeah I really don't mind it at all, just pointing it out.

Grateful for the weapon mods, they look great!

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #172 on: 2009-07-23 04:45:50 »
Fantastic work thus far, Millenia! ;D

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #173 on: 2009-07-23 08:31:01 »

Decompile your battle.LPG into a new folder using Ficedula's LGP tools program, then put the files you downloaded into the folder then when it asks you to overwrite the files say yes. Then create a new LGP called battle (if you deleted the older LGP) or call it battle2 then rename the older one to something else to battle BAK, and rename the battle2 to battle.

Then it should work.

Also, you need to use apz's Cloud or modify the default Cloud so that it uses 10 texture slots.

Latter option is obviously the better one though; saves you the effort of having to modify stuff yourself and looks way better :-D

I  second this!

Hard Edge is also missing it's slots on the side of the hand guard as well. I guess it's just a matter of accepting what's been given.

Yeah I was thinking the holes looked pretty retarded on the handguard so I left them out :/
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 08:32:33 by Millenia »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #174 on: 2009-07-23 11:14:48 »
Lets just call it artistic licence shall we?