Author Topic: Garden and field files  (Read 3536 times)

Shard

• View Profile
Garden and field files
« on: 2014-04-29 00:37:08 »
I'm trying to use Garden to extract FF8's field files (the ones listed by the .fl files and contained within the .fs files), but every time I decompile, it decompiles everything BUT the field files. I only get the expected structure of /eng/battle, /eng/menu, /eng/world, and /magic.

I've used the exe linked from the main site, and also tried the Polish version that's floating around. Neither seems to work, though I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past.

My field files are modified, but not corrupt. Deling and the game open them with no problems.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Garden and field files
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-29 02:05:39 »
[...] Deling and the game open them with no problems.

You know that Deling can decompress .FS files, right? And in a much better way than Garden, too.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-29 02:42:54 »
Deling does them one at a time (AFAIK). Is there a way to mass export all the field files at once?

I'll also need to be able to mass import field files from their folder structure.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-29 20:13:50 »
I have the field files all extracted, but I don't remember how I did it. Knowing me, though, I'm sure I didn't do it one file at a time.

I just checked, and it does export everything at once.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-04 00:20:48 »
I'm not seeing how to do it. Remember, I don't want the fl, fi, or fs files. I want the files inside them.

I guess my alternative is to study Deling's source code and write an extension for it myself, but I was hoping it would already do what I want.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-05-04 12:11:47 »
Open field.fs with Deling and go to the "Import/Export" tab. Then hit Export, select a folder and you got everything.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-05-04 19:18:40 »
The import/export tab only allows importing/exporting from the currently open archive. In the case of field.fs, that's mostly the individual field archives. Vgr, you probably have a different idea of what "field files" are. I believe Shard wants the ability to extract files from every field location at once.