Author Topic: What did everyone think of the Advent Children movie?  (Read 4670 times)

clogmonkey

I'd give the music and visuals 10/10.
Everything else was horrible. Every moment was predictable and I wouldn't watch it again. The story and feel to the movie, were nothing like Final Fantasy 7. It was a cross between the Matrix & Power Rangers. If Squaresoft are having trouble coming up with ideas for a story, they should just use a story from one of the games. Making the characters life-like was interesting, but it destroyed part of the fantasy for me. The remake teaser of FF7, did the exact same. I liked the dodgy graphics in FF7, it left room for imagination. 

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: What did everyone think of the Advent Children movie?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-12 15:35:18 »
Yeah I think like you with advent childrend they concentrated with visual and audio effect, but considraring that the game story was realy awsome I admite that the story of advent children disappointed me a bit.  But still I liked it ... it's a good entertainment when you don't want to concentrate on a complicated story...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-12 19:24:06 »
I liked the music and visuals. That was incredible. The story wasn't particularly memorable, but it wasn't insanely bad either (compare to movies such as Santa Claus Conquers the Martians). The voiceovers were good in both languages, and the westernized script was both believable and fun.

Thunderman

« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-12 22:00:06 »
I am going to dissagree. The english audio was total crap, The music has been pushed way back beyond the terribly dubbed dialoug, I liked the story and also seeing the limit breaks. The japanesse audio is awsome though

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-12 22:05:34 »
Well I wouldn't say that the english audio is such bad but... I admit that I'd choose other voices for many character.

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-14 13:41:26 »
Well it was visually astounding and I didn't watch it for it's story I watched it because of Final Fantasy 7's story so I was never let down but as Storm said the voices for some of the people were so awful that for me was the biggest let down
I admit that I'd choose other voices for many character.
Other than that I loved it! :-D

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-14 18:34:07 »
I haven't sullied my ears with the english dub, thank goodness. The Japanese cast was perfect, every character was exactly as I imagined they should be (down to and including Cait Sith having an annoying and slightly high pitched voice). I was also kinda glad they killed the stuffed mog for the film and had him riding Red instead. I think the mog would have injected some really bad not-quite-humour into the film and would likely have ruined it.

The story didn't need to be anything special really, it was basically just giving the fans closure on the somewhat open-ended finale of the game. I wanted flashy effects, summons, and some kickass action involving Cloud. I was satisfied on all counts :D