Author Topic: Timu Sumisu's WIP/Release thread. BARRET RELEASED!!! 07/09/09  (Read 165330 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Ok, requested by Timu, here's some Screenshots of the head ingame.

Yes, i am the worst screenshot-er in the world, so sorry for that. also, i think i made the head kinda a bit too big, i'm not sure. a combination of Biturn and PCreator is a nightmare when it comes to actually doing their jobs, and .3ds after .3ds, i couldnt get the head lined up perfectly with the old one.
Anyway, personally, i think the hair still needs a lot more shading done to it, especially the back. that, and the skin colour is a little too pale. other than that, great job :D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
It looks good. Hehe his hair stands out... Like that of a SSJ (DBZ). Catch my drift?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
not bad neocloud, it is infact too big, it should b quite a bit smaller... can u fix tht kinda thing in kimera? also, its very not done, i'm away of the changes u menetioned n they[ll get done sometime.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
yea i can fix it up no problem, dont worry.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
This is beautiful..Yeah Dark Purple is the way to go!..... Can't wait till you release this!!!!   :lol:

romeo14

• View Profile
Hermoor the color is a little off but thats prob because the brightness of the whole head has to brought down just a little. I took 2 pics of the original battle model and the color isnt that far off.

Myrmedus

Nice :) - it's pretty amazing to see FF7 being brought up to better graphical speed :D

I think the models are all generally great, there's only one thing that I would place some critique on, and it's more personal preference than anything else perhaps - it's on Cloud's face.

Generally I think the face is really well done, the one issue I have though is it feels a little too young looking. I know he's 21 but his face looks so innocent in the pictures! If it would be possible, when/if you change the scale of his head perhaps drag his eye brow down over his eyes a slight amount to give him a more intense look and reduce the size of his eyes a slight amount or elongate his nose slightly (great anime-esque way to make a character look older without reducing the anime-look of huge eyes, tiny mouth!)

One last thing: this is going to sound controversial and people may label me a pervert, but whatever: it's nice to see you not copping out on Tifa's 'physique' *cough* like Square did in later games. I'm not a fan-boy per se but it felt like Square started to make all female characters look exactly the same around FF8.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
And you thought you weren't going to be any good at modeling!  :-D
It looks really great so far, and I find the colors work really well. You managed to make purple look good. :-P And although some people might find the hair needs to be a bit more bleached, I find that a brighter shade goes well with the original ff7 colors (in other words very colorful), if that's what you're aiming for.

Can't wait to see some more progress.  :-D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
If going on original artwork, You have done a fantastic job on clouds head. i think it's just a tad to round. But that could very well just be the angle. Kudos to you my friend.

If you're going for the AC/Dissidia style, Hair needs to be lighter haha

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
MOAR! modeled up the body, it may look a lil weird. It is however perfectly proportioned to the original, belts n all. I will also model on the SOLDIER logo and the studs around the belt (as seen in the original art)

Just a little comparison to what your original cloud looked like.. . months ago.. lol..

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
oh jeez that was a long time ago, that was more er less a clone of kh1 cloud, made canon trying to emulate what apz had done, but original, so it could be released (his couldnt since it /was/ kh1) alas... he released his, so i saw no reason to continue, and here i am :P

EDIT:

more details on the belt, texture comin sometime :P
« Last Edit: 2009-09-28 04:22:26 by timu sumisu »

CloudyWolf

• View Profile
ooh... so you did one battle model and one field model before? and you did not release them?

and now you are making another one? you really like cloud, don't you?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Two words: FAN BOY

Temporary hijack: Two Words: Pathetic Troll.

Just a little comparison to what your original cloud looked like.. . months ago.. lol..

Granted i could be (and probably am) very wrong, But i that is APZ's draft of his cloud.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-29 00:49:11 by halkun »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
those models were made to imitate apz's first cloud model, which was never released. when he released his final model, i saw no reason to continue those. Neither are particularly fit for use ingame.

FF7Doug

Timu, any update on the Tifa model? It's kinda weird with the two new models and one old one. These are great!

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
It was offtopic, Halkun was just doing his job.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Timu, any update on the Tifa model? It's kinda weird with the two new models and one old one. These are great!

Tifa will probably get done after this Cloud model is done.

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
I can't wait to see you texture Tifa if you plan on doing that next.  :-D

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Jst crs dd th md chng tht fn b mg? Ww wht jrk... shckd Ths frm s mr dmd thn vr bfr...sht dmn...hlkn y sck m dck

Keep the cute non-related posts in non-related. We are tying to have a rational discussion on modeling here, You failed to add anything but a snide comment and so you were moderated...
Insulting a mod does not win you brownie points.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Timu...  :-o

Are u planning to release this after you've done Tifa's model? Just like the Barret model of yours?

I would like to update the characters in game so it looks new again..APZ was great..But I'm really going for the Anime version of Cloud's battle Model...
hope you release this soon... :-D

ciao!  :wink: :wink:

CloudyWolf

• View Profile
nice work on the body! especially on the belt studs and logo.. so you decided to stick with the original design and not with the dissidia style..  :-o

but i thought you would like to finish the head part first before going to the other parts? or is the head final?

keep it up timu!  :-)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
I want to model the rest of the body first, as i wanna make sure i can get the entire texture nicely fit into a 1024x1024 texture. doing it part by part is a bit of a gamble, I dont really wanna scale chunks down.

apz freak

• View Profile

Whoah there buddy! Trying to eclipse me huh?  :wink: I've been without computer for a few weeks and now I see this :lol:

Looking good there man, keep it up i wanna see more!

CloudyWolf

• View Profile
wow! you're back apz!

how's your chibi cloud going?  :-D