Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079469 times)

ARMs

• View Profile
gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #275 on: 2008-09-23 21:35:08 »
E Skill has the advatage of being almost every green materia +support  in 1.  Do you actually think ppl aren't gonna use E Skill because of the extra cost?   Those extra space you save with E. Skill means extra space for more counter attacks, more HP pluses, and more materia combos.  As it stands yes E. Skill is still very much better then most materias out there.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-23 21:37:24 by ARMs »

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2008-09-24 05:15:01 »
gjoerulvs  can you tell me whats up with those triangular prism monsters right before jenova death in the whirlwind maze?   they like have some conversation in some language that i dont know. but anyways  my team gets killed whenever i attack them, like insta death... except it kills them even if they are immune to death.  and everything does zero dmg to them with the exception of limit breaks and phys attacks,  it says they are weak to holy but alexander does zero dmg.

im just wondering how to beat them because it doesnt seem possible altho i havent tried death sentence or pertrifying them yet.,  and do they give you an item or a decent amount of exp or ap when defeated?

i also wanted to know where i can find the angel whisper enemy skill. my strategy guide says they (the humanish looking women) are in the crater but it seems like you moved or removed them because i cant find them anywhere in the crater or whirlwind maze.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #277 on: 2008-09-24 10:55:05 »
I might reduce the MP cost of Mighty Guard a bit. The reason I brought it that high was because of the cheapness with it (Wall 54MP - MG 80MP). Wall is cheaper than barrier and mbarrier and costs a lot more MP as well (16/24MP - 54MP). But MG has a handicap. You can't link it with support materia. Thats the reason I think I'll reduce the MP cost, to lets say 70?
Thing is you can get the same effect for 68(?) MP for all 3 characters with Wall-All and Haste-All, in 2 turns while it takes 3 turns and 240 MP (as it stands) to get the same effect from Mighty Guard. The only upside is that it takes less Materia slots (1 instead of 4) but that's just in case you only use 1 Enemy Skill, and even so, it's not such a big deal. So you can just reduce the cost to 68 MP and make it situational, like when you need to recast the buffs on someone who has died, or when a character is fighting alone etc. That way, no spell is really better than the other, and all of them have their uses.
(1st of all I correct myself. Wall costs 58 MP)

If you want it this way then the reason I altered it is kinda wasted. I did it to avoid an easy all-haste +  all-wall effect. It has to be used in another way then what you're used to. The main reason people used it was the all-wall effect. The haste certainly is a huge bonus and makes the move too cheap imo. What I wanted was more strategic thinking. That's why I altered the ribbon the way I did too. If you ask me; haste+barrier+mbarrier on all in 1 move should cost over 200 MP 'cause of it's cheapness.

And though you can get the same effect with 76 MP, it doesn't come without a sacrifice. 2 turns + 4 slots. Or with 58 MP, 3 turns and 6 slots. Mighty G uses 240 MP, 3 turns and 1 slot.  As I see it the only handicap Mighty Guard has is that it can't be linked (cause you get the all effect by linking. If you could link it, it would be 240MP, 1 turn and 2 slots). That's why I say it shouldn't be used to create this effect. It works better as a single buffer, and should be used as one.

gjoerulvs  can you tell me whats up with those triangular prism monsters right before jenova death in the whirlwind maze?   they like have some conversation in some language that i dont know. but anyways  my team gets killed whenever i attack them, like insta death... except it kills them even if they are immune to death.  and everything does zero dmg to them with the exception of limit breaks and phys attacks,  it says they are weak to holy but alexander does zero dmg.

im just wondering how to beat them because it doesnt seem possible altho i havent tried death sentence or pertrifying them yet.,  and do they give you an item or a decent amount of exp or ap when defeated?

i also wanted to know where i can find the angel whisper enemy skill. my strategy guide says they (the humanish looking women) are in the crater but it seems like you moved or removed them because i cant find them anywhere in the crater or whirlwind maze.

Those creatures is actually quite hard. Immune to Magic, and HIGH defence. The ? ? ? ES is prob your best bet. They have 1000 HP and immune to every status. They drop X-Potions, Turbo Ethers, Elixirs and Phoenix Downs. They never attack you. But if a party member makes a move, immediately after they kill a random character with full HP or completely heal a character with not full HP.

Angel Whisper is acquired from Pollensalta in the Northern Cave close to the end of the game. SPOILER: you can also manipulate one of the Phoenix Materia guardians to get it. /SPOILER.

EDIT: The language is Latin. It's whats spoken in the One Winged Angel theme.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-24 11:00:25 by gjoerulv »

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008-09-24 11:33:30 »
thanks for the info gjoerulvs,  sorry for my incompetence i shouldve been able to figure out that ???? enemy skill strategy on my own.  anyways main reason i posted just now is because i wanted to add in my opinion on might guard.   i think it should stay at 80mp.  like you said it has really great affects AND it only costs one materia slot.

moraelyn

« Reply #279 on: 2008-09-24 16:53:12 »
E Skill has the advatage of being almost every green materia +support  in 1.  Do you actually think ppl aren't gonna use E Skill because of the extra cost?   Those extra space you save with E. Skill means extra space for more counter attacks, more HP pluses, and more materia combos.  As it stands yes E. Skill is still very much better then most materias out there.
That's not what I said. I'm using 3 E. Skill Materias myself, one for each character. I was commenting on Mighty Guard only.

And though you can get the same effect with 76 MP, it doesn't come without a sacrifice. 2 turns + 4 slots. Or with 58 MP, 3 turns and 6 slots. Mighty G uses 240 MP, 3 turns and 1 slot.  As I see it the only handicap Mighty Guard has is that it can't be linked (cause you get the all effect by linking. If you could link it, it would be 240MP, 1 turn and 2 slots). That's why I say it shouldn't be used to create this effect. It works better as a single buffer, and should be used as one.
Well my bad, I thought the cost for Wall was 54 MP and the cost for Haste was 14, so I messed up the calculations.

Anyway, I might have spoken too soon about Mighty Guard. Fact is you can get it soon enough, when your max MP doesn't exceed 200-220. At the time, using it drains almost half of your MP pool, that's why I found Haste-All and Barrier-All to be more cost effective, and that's the reason I (almost) didn't use it at all. Later in the game though, it's not that big a MP drain, plus Magic Hammer helps with the cost. Leave it as is, I'll play with it a bit and let you know what I think.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-24 17:08:17 by moraelyn »

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2008-09-25 14:27:54 »
Stupid question, does field.lgp contains dialogues? I have the cetramod patch http://www.cetramod.it/home.php that transalte dialogues in italian and i would like to know if this patch overwrites them.

ADIDAS

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2008-09-26 08:06:30 »
I got another bug . It seems if you immune to slow/stop (added effect+time magic or equip headband ) and you also immune to haste too . But when I equip Sprint shoes with added effect+time magic , Haste works .
Also , can you tell me how to beat the boss guards KOTR ? :-P It keep reviving and even when I caste sleep , it still attack as normal .  :-(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #282 on: 2008-09-26 09:24:35 »
I don't think it's a bug. I may have made the Headband immune to haste as well. If that's the case it was a mistake. But I've never touched the time materia. Thanks for letting me know!

You have to kill that boss 12 times to beat it. And it gets stronger if you keep it alive too long at a time.You also should debuff it as much as possible (bad breath works fine). I'll leave the rest to you guys. :P

ADIDAS

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008-09-27 09:15:15 »
you are right , KOTR sucks , 255 magic and they can't even deal 6k damage. Double cut is better , lol

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008-09-27 10:11:49 »
Is double-cut in this mod a purple materia as it has to be?

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2008-09-27 22:20:11 »
Hi there...I have lurked for a while and have been checking out the site and mostly this mod.  I am very impressed with the difficulty of the mod however I do have a few questions/comments.

1.  I was fighting on the beaches around Kalm today and I was having a crash issue that I have not experienced before.  Usually if the game crashes randomly it is after a battle but I was getting a crash when the battle starts.  I was thinking maybe it was a certain enemy that was bugged?   

2.  I am the treasure hunting type and I have tried stealing and grinding some of the new enemies that you have created but I haven't really saw that much in the way of anything other than basic items.  Am I just not trying hard enough or are the new enemies just mostly for difficulty?

All in all its a very refreshing challenge.   :-D

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #286 on: 2008-09-28 12:04:43 »
Thanks Auraplatonic!

I know there is a problem on that beach, but I didn't discover it until recently. It worked when I tested it when I made it, but apparently it refuses to work now. And yes the enemies I've created is mostly to refresh the game some and experimenting with AIs. A minor part of 'rm got some neat stuff.

KOTR works best against the enemies that are immune to peerless. Against all others it's kind of a gamble to use. It works well against the weapons.

EDIT: I noticed a big type-o in the 1st post. Of course it's not field.lpg but flevel.lpg. Big mistake. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 2008-09-28 12:29:40 by gjoerulv »

Craig_yeats

« Reply #287 on: 2008-10-02 19:23:55 »
Hi. I like the mod that you've created and really enjoyed fighting jenova Birth in the shinra building :evil:

I have had a problem though. When I have the soldier flashback with cloud it struggles to load. I see the first pasrt when you see Sephiroth and Cloud on the truck talking but when I try to enter the battle with the dragon my computer crashes. I don't know if anyone is haveing the same problem as me. I have checked every post on this forum but can't seem to find a person with the same problem. If you have anything that might work I'd be very happy to here back from you.

Thanks

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #288 on: 2008-10-02 22:09:40 »
hmmm, no never heard 'bout that problem before. Do you have the v1.02 patch? Are you sure you've replaced the old files with mine? I did have a problem with the field script there but I fixed it. It works on both my comps as well. hmmm... Beyond this I don't think I can help you. try to reinstall.

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2008-10-03 06:39:02 »
Quick question...master summon is now coin, so how does it work with the huge materia?  Before you had to have all the summon materia mastered and then you got the master summon but it took away all your mastered materia.  The summon materia aren't technically mastered since they don't level up so what would happen?  Would you lose all the summon materia you have?  Or can you even get it there anymore?  Sorry if that sounded confusing lol.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #290 on: 2008-10-03 10:54:43 »
You are limited to 1 of each summon. No master materia exist. If you trade 'em, you'll lose 'em for another Coin materia. Same goes for magic and command just not the same "reward". For magic you'll get remove, and for command you'll get flash!

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008-10-03 21:26:52 »
so i finally got to the boss guarding the typhon summon materia.  he looks awesome (black version of materia keeper for those that dont know)  and i thought he was perfect difficulty level, he was a nice challenge  (unlike ultima weapon)

i also killed the boss that guards the quadra magic materia, pretty cool.

i wanted to know in what order should i get the mime, quadra, and hp/mp switch materias.  like when are they first supposed to be defeated storyline wise.   

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #292 on: 2008-10-03 23:27:03 »
Try 'em. It's the exact same fight at all those materias except for KOTR. Is the KOTR boss beatable? I think he should be. I've only tried it with max stats on 1 character and still it was kinda hard. It has an attack that might kill all your characters.

Too bad ultima weapon wasn't hard. It's tedious cause his HP is decided by a global variable, thus making it hard to test. But by rising his attack power (not strength) and add effects to his attacks, he could be badass. Thanks for letting me know! 

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008-10-04 00:04:49 »
You are limited to 1 of each summon. No master materia exist. If you trade 'em, you'll lose 'em for another Coin materia. Same goes for magic and command just not the same "reward". For magic you'll get remove, and for command you'll get flash!

Thanks, I think that makes sense.  So that means the only way to get coin without losing all your summons is by beating emerald?

Anno999999

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2008-10-04 19:09:41 »
wait you fightjenova birth in the shinra hq? i fought her on the boat did i not install this right?

lascapa

« Reply #295 on: 2008-10-04 22:21:22 »
Hello, I am new to this board and have a question. Sorry to be off topic but I wasn't sure where else to post this. Do you have to use the keyboard to play FF7 or can I use a control pad?

I should receive the game any day now, and I am going to apply all the patch's. So i have been reading a lot of different sites to find out the best way to use them.

I played FF7 when it first came out on PS1 and I got the bug to play it again on my computer this time.
Thanks for your help!

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2008-10-04 22:31:16 »
Yes you can use a gamepad.  i would advise it.  And for future reference, this would go in Completely Unrelated I'd say. :-)

lascapa

« Reply #297 on: 2008-10-04 22:33:59 »
Thanks for the reply Griever!

Auraplatonic

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008-10-05 08:09:50 »
Wow.  The battle arena is crazy hard.  I like the challenge but I am finding that it seems to be almost impossible at times.  Anybody else experiencing this?

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008-10-05 16:35:09 »
to be honest i just used a save editor to give myself omnislash and final attack as soon as i started disc 3.   BUT only because the battle arena was just simply not possible, for me at least