Author Topic: Kimera "Calculate Weapon Position"  (Read 3979 times)

chasedark

• View Profile
Kimera "Calculate Weapon Position"
« on: 2014-08-20 20:39:49 »
I've been trying to figure out how to fix the weapon position for a model swap I'm working on,  but I can't use the tool to do it because if I click on the battle model in kimera I get "Run-Time Error 6 Overflow" and I have yet to find a solution -anywhere- on -any- site.  I'm really hoping someone has a fix for this.

Edit: I'm running on windows 7 home premium if that helps.

Edit 2: I'm literally tearing my hair out trying to fix this problem.

Edit 3: Okay after tearing my hair out I ran it in 256 colors, which while it isn't an ideal solution, allows me to adjust weapon positions properly.  Models look wonky because 256 colors is horrible but when you save them, they do retain proper colors.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-20 21:56:04 by chasedark »

chasedark

• View Profile
Re: Kimera "Calculate Weapon Position"
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-21 21:12:26 »
Quick question.  How do you make a weapon detach from a certain bone during an animation(Like say, cloud's magic animation where he puts his sword on his back)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-22 01:56:55 »
I'd like to know the answers to these questions too. It might shed some light on how the weapon animations work during limits.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-22 05:29:26 »
As far as I can tell Attach Weapon position locks the weapon to the bone you choose, but this breaks animations which have extra weapon positions (Cloud, Aerith and Yuffie). It's not only that the weapons are locked to a bone, weapons can fly or even disappear. Anyway this might mean that the weapons have an small extra script in the **da file, which will be overwritten when using Attach Weapon Position. That all weapons are affected of it at once speaks for this.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-22 09:45:28 by Kaldarasha »

chasedark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-08-22 11:45:05 »
So in order to fix the issue I'd have to actually go in and know which line it is in the xxda file to alter it there?
I guess I can try to alter the animation(I'm trying to have a goblin use cloud's animations).

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2014-08-22 14:17:01 »
...this might mean that the weapons have an small extra script in the **da file, which will be overwritten when using Attach Weapon Position. That all weapons are affected of it at once speaks for this.

They DO have extra scripts in the limit animation files, but not in the **ab files.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-08-22 14:18:53 »
It must be in the **da files because Kimera doesn't read the **ab file.