Author Topic: Better models?  (Read 6267 times)

VincentVal

• View Profile
Better models?
« on: 2006-05-28 01:30:31 »
I just thought of something interesting...
I read about being able to make FFVII AC characters would be digfficult for the FFVII engine to handle, but what if you make that engine capable of doing that so a team can make these AC models, and also they could try to add bones to add detail, Like capes or fingers?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Better models?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-28 01:34:46 »
To add bones, you'd also need to modify the animation files, which is significantly harder. While it would probably be possible, it seems that it would take far more time than simply doing what NPC Reconstruction Pack does.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-28 02:30:32 »
To add bones, you'd also need to modify the animation files, which is significantly harder. While it would probably be possible, it seems that it would take far more time than simply doing what NPC Reconstruction Pack does.
The NPC Reconstruction patch does NOT make the Advent Children modeld

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-28 03:04:59 »
Yeah, what I'm saying is that Advent Children models need new animation would be harder than NPC Reconstruction. Trust me, I would LOVE Advent Children models, I just don't think that anybody could do it in under a year unless it was a major professional job. People don't have that kind of time on their hands.

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-28 04:05:30 »
In the well-titled "READ THIS FIRST" topic, it states nicely:
How about Enhancements? I would like Bump mapping/Per-pixel lighting/Particle effects in battle....
No, as it stands right now, the clear goal is to get an engine up and running. Things like enhanced backgrounds, battle effects, and the like are not on the table. We need it running as close to the original executables as possable. If you want to add your own effects go ahead and fork the code and go wild. If it's orthogonal enough, we could add it back to the main trunk.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-28 04:13:13 »
Also.. it will take a long time before the engine works to the point 3d is even a true discusion.
It's been kind of asked before too.

Cyb

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-28 11:08:15 »
I guess I overread that

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-29 00:13:21 »
Do you mean you want to be able to make replacement models and have them replace what is already there?

For an example, http://www.doomsdayhq.com/screenshots.php?num=98 (that is actually a Doom source port, and by source, I don't mean the HL2 engine)