Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 693923 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #500 on: 2009-09-07 22:17:46 »
Thought I should mention.. the new Kimera has a 'compute ground height' function.  So as soon as you are done creating a model, click that button and you should have no problems with floating or sinking in the ground

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009-09-08 05:18:49 »
Hi!Sorry for such big delay with answer!

First what i want to say:
WHERE ALL YOU PEOPLE BEEN BEFORE?!?! :evil:Several times i posted screens of progress!And where all your dislikes been?
I posted them not just for fun!I wanted your opinion!Everybody said "Everything is great!When I'll be able to use this new models?"And what am i see NOW?! "We don't like it!"

I making this not for myself!I making this for you,PEOPLE!To make the game BETTER!

Another thing:
Also, in many case, the models aren't even standing on the floor. They are merely floating there, and sometimes they are ankle deep into the ground.

Bring the screens of this!I read enough comments like "This project is bad because all tall models have problems with animation!The game made for CHIBI models."
Thats why all new models that i made was fitted to original skeleton to evade animation problems like this.(Models that were made by old team really had skeleton changes).All models i tested by myself and i not found any glitches with this.Bring the screens if i missed something.

Sorry if i sounds rude!
Back to work...

*perspiring* Ok..I shall be more careful in the future...

But I like the tall models personally..sure they gained and hands and such..But I really like the realistic feel...

squallff8 you are ..A one of the GODS of field tall models..

sexymonkeys

« Reply #502 on: 2009-09-08 17:08:58 »

sexymonkeys

« Reply #503 on: 2009-09-09 16:29:54 »
I don't know if this is PRP's fault or the OpenGL drivers fault, but Hojo in my game does some pretty weird stuff. As seen in the screenshot below Hojo keeps bending over 180 degrees.

It doesn't really bother me that much since I don't get to see Hojo that much anyway, but it's a bit unnerving. Does anyone know how to fix it? Sometimes he's standing up straight (I think it's when he's moving), but when he is standing still he's bent over like that, but in the conference room at Shinra Building he spun around while folded in two.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009-09-09 16:48:00 »
I don't know if this is PRP's fault or the OpenGL drivers fault, but Hojo in my game does some pretty weird stuff. As seen in the screenshot below Hojo keeps bending over 180 degrees.

It doesn't really bother me that much since I don't get to see Hojo that much anyway, but it's a bit unnerving. Does anyone know how to fix it? Sometimes he's standing up straight (I think it's when he's moving), but when he is standing still he's bent over like that, but in the conference room at Shinra Building he spun around while folded in two.

lol do the limbo

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009-09-09 16:56:52 »
I'm pretty sure that's Kimera's fault. You might think I would have tested if field animations written by Kimera actually worked fine in game right? Well, guess what, I didn't. I didn't do so because I just need the thing working on a custom game engine I wrote 3 years ago, and it worked. Soooo... well, sorry. For some reason I never heard it wasn't working. I'll fix the bug soon.
Meanwhile you can use the original animation file.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009-09-09 17:03:51 »
I'm pretty sure that's Kimera's fault. You might think I would have tested if field animations written by Kimera actually worked fine in game right? Well, guess what, I didn't. I didn't do so because I just need the thing working on a custom game engine I wrote 3 years ago, and it worked. Soooo... well, sorry. For some reason I never heard it wasn't working. I'll fix the bug soon.

What kind of custom game engine?  :-D

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009-09-09 19:47:48 »

Yeah.I just tried to replace Hojo standing animation to old one(from old char.lgp) and it helped.Looks like i copied new animation when worked with Sephiroth.(For some reason Kimera using Hojo's standing animation for Sephiroth by default :? )

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009-09-09 19:56:42 »
Oh, nothing too fancy. I had to program a videogame as homeworks for the university, so I made a simple beat-em up game. I wanted to do something much better, but my partner was too lazy and didn't do his part of the job. At least he was kind enough to tell me that 18 hours befor the deadline...
If you feel curious about how it turned out, here you have a screen shoot:

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009-09-09 20:18:13 »

Looks funny! :lol:

Question about Cloud field model!
I was experementing with Cloud hair today:

What, you people, think about it?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 15:33:09 by squallff8 »

Dracofern

« Reply #510 on: 2009-09-09 20:37:11 »
looks good! I'm surprised you can make his model be that big =/

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2009-09-10 18:42:28 »
Hello, are you planning to add the skin coloration that the previous model had? That made it look a lot more realistic and now with the good shape your cooking it may look even better

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009-09-12 16:41:46 »
I'll try change color later.

Had experiment with Biggs today:
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 14:34:59 by squallff8 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2009-09-12 17:34:51 »
Hmmm...you gonna make a uniform-style AVALANCHE there?

Suggestion:

Can you spice up Jesse as well? ...umm..she's kinda cute...hehehe

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009-09-12 17:45:48 »
I'll try, but i think Jesse Model one of best looking models in PRP.It looks almost the same as original design  :-)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009-09-12 17:54:43 »
Yeah..Quite right there..The only time you'll notice the PRP from the original is when she shows Cloud the Train System works...

Flashy stuff you know... :lol:

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2009-09-13 23:24:57 »

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009-09-14 08:18:31 »
Lookin good but whats up with the blue by wedge's wrist, is it supposed to be like that

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009-09-14 09:06:33 »
They look like Soldiers from "METAL SLUG"....  :lol:

Hmmm... *idea*

Can you make the gloves the same as the pic? It looks more dynamic and it fits the theme of the game..kinda way.. :wink:

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2009-09-14 15:31:34 »
I'll change wrist colors to original today.BTW i forgot about shoulder pad too  :-D

Can you make the gloves the same as the pic? It looks more dynamic and it fits the theme of the game..kinda way.. :wink:

What do you mean?I used colors based on pics.Or you mean size?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009-09-15 06:53:01 »
Yeah that and the size of the hands too...basically make them like the ones on street fighter..

See their gloves protruding on the pics? ...if ya notice they look like chars from a CAPCOM game isn't it?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2009-09-15 14:03:24 »
You know Squallff8, that picture of Jesse has inspired me. I think I'll try and see how close can I get to that design.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2009-09-15 14:38:30 »
2 Harruzame
Okay!I'll try to modify them  :wink: But don't forget that this is Chibi Nomura's design.And we need tall one  :-)

You know Squallff8, that picture of Jesse has inspired me. I think I'll try and see how close can I get to that design.

Have a try :wink: I think she already looks good.Here some ingame screens:

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2009-09-16 04:13:30 »
Nice pics there dude! *thumbs up!*

I thought they were already the tall ones..hehe.. So you reconstructed the chibi ones and made them thinner...

But I think this is great!!..Aside from the chibi reconstruction.. I think its kinda like "Breath Of Fire" Chars but only using FFVII chars...

This is so cool!!!!..Hope you release this (and no one argues with it?...I hope..  :wink:)

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009-09-16 09:08:41 »
Nice pics there dude! *thumbs up!*

I thought they were already the tall ones..hehe.. So you reconstructed the chibi ones and made them thinner...

But I think this is great!!..Aside from the chibi reconstruction.. I think its kinda like "Breath Of Fire" Chars but only using FFVII chars...

This is so cool!!!!..Hope you release this (and no one argues with it?...I hope..  :wink:)

Actually they ARE tall:

(There are no textures troubles ingame)
I just recolored them and resized them.used original skeleton without general deformation.And made them closer to original artwork.

PLEASE PEOPLE,CHOOSE WHAT DeSIGN YOU MORE LIKE!

Edit:
Wedge with shoulder pad now:
« Last Edit: 2009-09-16 09:20:04 by squallff8 »