Author Topic: Cetra Powers,no?  (Read 3725 times)

Sephiroth2000

Cetra Powers,no?
« on: 2003-09-23 21:41:07 »
My game keeps on freezing in the Forgotten City.When Bugenhagen puts the Key into the "Music Box",he keeps floating up and dow,the music carries on,but nothing happens.HELP!!! :weep:

vvalentine

• View Profile
Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #1 on: 2003-09-24 06:45:36 »
Man, talk about spam  :o .  I think you need to cut the posting a little bit buddy.  Especially the old topics.

Anyways, about your problem.  What version of windows do you have, also make sure there aren't any scratches in the CDs.  I had a similar problem, because everytime it would start to load an FMV, it froze because the CD had a scratch (actually a bunch of 'em).

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #2 on: 2003-09-24 16:53:03 »
It sounds like the FMV is messed up. (corrupt disk)

Try coping that movie to your harddrive, and see if it will. I don't have the disks on me, right now...so I can't tell you which 'AVI' it is.

If it does, try the copy movie to harddrive trick.

Instructions are hidden in the Eidos' Support page.
I'd give you a link...but the site is currently, down.

You have to do some editing in the Windows registory. Mainly changing the path for the location of the movies. No use in giving instructions, if the movie won't copy over.

Sephiroth2000

Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #3 on: 2003-09-24 19:29:50 »
My version of Windows is XP,yes I do have the patch,and the CD has a little scratch,but I think it's not enough to disrupt play.Maybe you are right abouyt me being a spammer...I'll cut down on postage. :P

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #4 on: 2003-09-25 14:18:31 »
This should have been posted in the Game fixing, or Bug reporting threads, not in general mate :wicked:

Sephiroth2000

Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #5 on: 2003-09-26 02:21:01 »
Hey,I'm a newbie.Can't expect me to know all this :isee:

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #6 on: 2003-09-26 10:54:58 »
24 posts in about a week, and u reckon you are a newbie?
There is a rules section, and all the sections are clearly named and descriptions are available on the main page!

Nori

• View Profile
Ahem
« Reply #7 on: 2003-09-26 11:22:29 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
Hey,I'm a newbie.Can't expect me to know all this :isee:

Quote from: Sephiroth2000
I am a returning member(I used to come in over guest)and you are right...I do like mailing.  :wicked: While I was a guest,I saw that Jari was
ALMOST the only one who made sense. :-?
???? Really whatever, Aaron warned him, but :z

Rubicant_II

Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #8 on: 2003-09-26 15:02:22 »
I'll tell you what, sephiroth from the past...try copying ALL the movie files to your hd. This just might help you out. If the disc is scratched, I could probably *cough* give you *wheeze* the originals!! *cough cough*. Somewhere in your FF7 folder place all the movies from disc 1-3 (play discs, there's no movies on the install disc) in a directory, such as "movies". Anything else will do fine. Are you anywhere near decent at editing the registry? Well, here's your chance to learn.

*skip this part if you already know how*

If you pop open the start button, you should see a "run" command. Click that. When the window pops up, type in "regedit".

*now, proceed*

Find the key (folder dealy) named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop it open. Find the key named "Software" inside the one you just opened....and pop it open. Then, find the key named "Square Soft, Inc.", and pop it open. Then, click on the "Final Fantasy VII" you just saw pop out. But don't pop it open. The goal is inside here. Do you see the string value (the red 'ab') called "MoviePath"? If not, create one called that. Either way, you need to specify at this point the path where your ff7 movies were placed on your hard drive. For me, I placed them in "c:\myff7directory\movies". So in my case, my string value for MoviePath is ".\Movies\". I hope you'll get it. So try it out, man...tell us if you can get past the part. If there's a problem copying the movie that's supposed to play when bugenhagen just takes off, then PM me. I'll....you know....yeah..  8)

Sephiroth2000

Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #9 on: 2003-09-26 19:49:19 »
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :lol:

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #10 on: 2003-09-26 19:54:41 »
Mod note:
Sephiroth2000:  You may consider cutting back on your posting.  You continue to bring back topics that haven't had posts for several months (I PM'ed you about this a few days ago), and posts like this with only smilies have no point at all.  Please remember that the point of the boards is not simply to raise your post count and get to higher ranks.  Please refer to the rules.

Rubicant_II

Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #11 on: 2003-09-27 05:46:02 »
Did you try it, sephiroth2000? It might be the only way you're going to be able to proceed in the game.

When people are helping you, it's considered polite when you at least respond to what they said, instead of displaying a post full of emoticons. Oh well, it's your game that's messing up. You're free to try to fix it whenever.

Sephiroth2000

Cetra Powers,no?
« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-08 06:24:59 »
Ya, I tried it. And it worked...a bit.
 PS like the third OWA remix ya posted.

To Aaron:

I guess that was my aim at first... :-?