Author Topic: FF7 HD mods compatible with Steam  (Read 5714 times)

Chris_Chev

• View Profile
FF7 HD mods compatible with Steam
« on: 2013-07-30 04:37:43 »
So I've tried installing several different mods to spruce things up a little, but but they never work.  I always follow instructions to the letter, so that's not it, I have no mods installed, it's just not working.  I've been at this for hours and am getting very fed up.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 HD mods compatible with Steam
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-30 23:28:33 »
Crazy thought: Why not try telling us USEFUL information.  Like what mods, where you have the game installed, if you used the converter, etc. etc.  It's really not that hard unless you have a high warning level and your posts are moderated. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2013-07-31 13:52:21 by Covarr the Proud Fanboy »

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-31 08:17:01 »
Yeaaah, lets not be a knob.

Are you modding the stock steam version, or have you converted to the 1997 version? Also, if you could post a list of which mods you're using, we should be able to help you out.

Sent from my PiPhone

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-31 14:47:45 »
Being moderated recently for violating the "don't be a d*ck" rule has caused me to want to make a more positive contribution to the forum...
There's 2 scenarios, the veteran member gets jaded and cranky and lashes out at either:
A). a new member who is frustrated with the surprisingly difficult task of (insert surprisingly difficult task here), possibly quite young, and/or totally new to the experience of posting on interwebz forums.
B). another veteran member who may or may not be jaded and cranky also.

It plays out over and over but I think as the vets get a little older the bad scenes like when I got myself moderated couple weeks back fall off more and more. But there will always be moments in life where you witness someone being kinda viscous or aggressive and you just have to say: that is either a deliberate act for show and effect, or they are just not themselves at the present moment in time.

Sometimes a crazy stunt to teach the unwary a lesson, like say the "fire drill", is totally called for--or in training for military service, maybe. But let's not like, shoot the little girl who's running away from the truck just because she's running away.     

Anyway I think it's entirely possible this thread was just meant to be a reply to another thread. Maybe the HQModels for STEAM thread it was right next to, which happened to be pretty broken at the moment the OP wrote in. I thought it was basically a request that mods be packed carefully and tested before they are unleashed on the unsuspecting public. That seems like a pretty reasonable expectation, to be honest.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-31 15:56:12 by Template »