Author Topic: HI RES Bike & Other Transport MOD?  (Read 37219 times)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Re: HI RES Bike & Other Transport MOD?
« Reply #25 on: 2009-09-08 04:40:34 »
yes the extracted textures look pretty laem.

:-D Mr Timu's being sarcastic..... *snickers*  :-D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-09-08 04:42:29 »

I dont think so. those textures arent very impressive. it looks like they were going with a cartoony look

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-09-08 04:48:21 »

I dont think so. those textures arent very impressive. it looks like they were going with a cartoony look

Yeah that's right..coz back then they where using old chibis and the lamer models ( kid looking "stick" cloud.. anemic but Big "BOOBED" Tifa..etc.)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-09-08 04:50:09 »
no, my beef with the textures is that most of it was drawn with basic gradient tools, or a single brush, with very little depth

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-09-08 04:50:37 »

Yeah that's right..coz back then they where using old chibis and the lamer models ( kid looking "stick" cloud.. anemic but Big "BOOBED" Tifa..etc.)

Given the fact that these models were never in the actual game there was no reason they couldnt have made them look better

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-09-08 05:02:07 »
I see..So basically these were kinda like "fan service"....Similar to bonus Art Gallery when you finish up a game huh?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-09-08 05:15:00 »
I see..So basically these were kinda like "fan service"....Similar to bonus Art Gallery when you finish up a game huh?

Pretty much

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #32 on: 2009-09-08 05:21:18 »
those textures look terible! but they come out well enough on the models (square probably had a newbie do em... it doesnt match with the rest of their stuff)

anyhow, i'll probably get to these things at some point or another.

Really? You're talking about the extracted textures, right?

And I've just noticed that the blue truck thing still has the "Midgal" spelling error :-P
Was about to say that myself! I was like "Midgal?"  :lol:

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-09-08 05:43:12 »
Could suggest a Fenrir Bike MOD for the Chase game..But I heard this was already done by...um....

Yeah..By Kula Wende....am I right? But using the Bike Model here as a base and inserting here and there..Voila!
New Bike MOD...ehehehe *drools*

Fenrir is awesome bike by the way :-P

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-09-08 13:18:15 »
it looks like they were going with a cartoony look
I think it because something happend with color...
As they look in original you can see on those screens in first post.

As for me,i think those models perfectly keeps original game design.Even with this textures.
Fenrir looks good,but not in original story i think :wink:
I want to keep originality

Only thing that i think can be changed is the color of enemy bike,like Turks had:

Just my opinion :|

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-09-08 15:51:16 »
I dunno...

On the one hand, the dumped textures look awful, rather as if they were made by somebody with no experience at texturing, and no quality control.
On the other hand, they look REALLY GOOD on the 3D models. It's baffling, really.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-09-08 18:42:15 »
the bike minigame is something i wanna get done, (what dont i want to upgrade in ff7....) but there is a lot to do, so it may be some time before you see it. given i want to remake the cutscenes, i'd have to make the bike at some point as well, so we'll see when i get around to it

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-09-09 07:29:35 »
Yeah... even the condor game( forgot the name :lol: ) needs some serious OVERHAUL *hint* *hint*...

@squallff8

I noticed in the bike pics that the exhaust pipe is covered with like somewhat bandages but in the next pic:

it looks like they were going with a cartoony look
I think it because something happend with color...
As they look in original you can see on those screens in first post.

As for me,i think those models perfectly keeps original game design.Even with this textures.
Fenrir looks good,but not in original story i think :wink:
I want to keep originality

Only thing that i think can be changed is the color of enemy bike,like Turks had:

Just my opinion :|

It doesn't appear to have one..are they the same ones?

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-09-09 10:59:06 »
2 Harruzame

It have it!Just look closer!
sorry can't make better screenshot :|

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-09-10 07:30:51 »
2 Harruzame

It have it!Just look closer!
sorry can't make better screenshot :|

Oh..the..there it is!!...* shocked* It was a bit too dark to see at first..but looking closer...Okay..

Question though:

Why put bandages on a BIKE's exhaust pipes? Some kind of a fad in Midgar?.. :| :wink:

Saithies

« Reply #40 on: 2009-09-10 13:31:13 »
I have a crotch rocket and I have "bandages" on my exhaust from the manufacturer... its a heat wrap so it doesn't melt plastic or worse give you 3rd degree burns... any exposed mufflers or pipes should be wrapped unless you like the smell of melting plastic/rubber/flesh  :wink: most bikes "strategically" place the muffler so it doesn't have to be wrapped for safety. My wraps retaining wire broke once, the wrap came off and the heat melted the entire heel of my boot... so usually it does serve a purpose and if some one was to sit on the back of that bike (looks dangerous might fall off lol) their feet would be on the pipes so even anime bike have safety features!
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 13:44:12 by Saithies »

Saithies

Re: Bike & Other Transport MOD?(Is it possible?)
« Reply #41 on: 2009-09-10 16:05:44 »
Hi there!Sorry for reviving this old thread!
Have a question/proposition/request here:
Today,using 3D DX ripper & ePSXe emulator,i was able to rip this:

IS ANYBODY INTERESTED in making a bike model and creating own textures using this samples for HiRes Bike minigame?

Did you get the models or just the textures? If you got the textures it should be possible to get the others i think my epsxe is set up wrong i cant get textures or moddels from 2d ripper dx

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-09-10 16:08:32 »
You need a DirectX9 plugin for ePSXe in order for the ripper to work.

Saithies

« Reply #43 on: 2009-09-10 16:11:03 »
doh... using dx6... im tired lol

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-09-10 16:34:00 »
Did you get the models or just the textures? If you got the textures it should be possible to get the others i think my epsxe is set up wrong i cant get textures or moddels from 2d ripper dx

I've got all files that 3d ripper DX can capture:3dr frames,textures,shaders.
I used "Next 3d" video plugin

Saithies

« Reply #45 on: 2009-09-11 02:38:25 »
The next 3d plugin wont work for me but I got the latest GSDX plugin working. I got the textures and the shaders but no frames. I have 3d ripper set to capture shaders and textures and to capture to wavefront.obj. Any idea what i might be doing wrong to not get frames?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-09-11 05:34:48 »
I have a crotch rocket and I have "bandages" on my exhaust from the manufacturer... its a heat wrap so it doesn't melt plastic or worse give you 3rd degree burns... any exposed mufflers or pipes should be wrapped unless you like the smell of melting plastic/rubber/flesh  :wink: most bikes "strategically" place the muffler so it doesn't have to be wrapped for safety. My wraps retaining wire broke once, the wrap came off and the heat melted the entire heel of my boot... so usually it does serve a purpose and if some one was to sit on the back of that bike (looks dangerous might fall off lol) their feet would be on the pipes so even anime bike have safety features!

Well whaddaya know.... I never notice a bikes "bandages" before...I've seen a lot of pips in my hood have custom bikes and to tell you frankly  the only wraps i Saw where a bunch of stickers in their pipes.. But well since this is a different topic..I'm satisfied with it.

So if one customizes his bike into one of Cloud's/Shinra Co's bikes...That would be way cool!!!!!... I wonder if any one has done it already?....* drools*

Much better if anyone attempted to create a "Fenrir" type....