Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/PSX] The FFVII AV mod (2010-11-22 Demo)  (Read 66227 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]The FFVII AV mod - demo released
« Reply #75 on: 2011-02-25 18:44:19 »
Just to confirm what Vgr just said.

After a problem with my kernel.bin, I went back from the beginning, and took a different approach to the mod. This is how "Total Grudge" was born. I'm currently working on the Temple of the Ancients, so progress is going well. Also, the gameplay of this new mod of mine is exactly what I was aiming for, in all those years working on FFVII AV. Because of this, right now, I kinda lost interest in working on turning the demo into a finished project.

So, Vgr proposed to carry on the work I started with this demo. I gave him all of my documents regarding it (even docs written on paper, that I had to scan :P ), tips regarding what to look out for, and general guidelines. I expect the end product to be in-line with what I envisionned for this particular mod, so if you liked this demo, you can count on the fact that Vgr's work will be satisfying in the same way. We keep in touch, so I can help him and stuff, anyway (imagine the "armorvil's seal of quality" stamped on it ^^).
« Last Edit: 2011-02-25 18:47:44 by Armorvil »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #76 on: 2011-02-26 05:08:18 »
Will you be creating a Total Grudge thread Armorvil?

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011-02-26 08:13:05 »
Yeah ^^

EDIT:

Though I'm not in a hurry to create it. I'd rather have something to release before starting the thread, and I think that will be the finished mod (=less talk, more walk - I often noticed that with such projects, you ended up spending more time arguing with others and talking about it, than actually working on them... ...That's not to say feedback isn't important -because it is- but I'd rather get feedback when most of my work is done, so I'm not slowed down).

Also, I'm not saying I won't work on AV again ; it is a lot of work and I would understand if Vgr quits after a while. If that happens, I'll return to AV as soon as I'm done with TG (with Vgr's help of course, if he'd still be interested).
« Last Edit: 2011-02-26 18:50:38 by Armorvil »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011-02-26 22:37:31 »
I am pretty interested of course, but with your kernel2 it is pretty difficult to work on it with WM, but even so, I think I will do some other things before that (like finish FF7AV first) but I am working slowly on it :P