Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Anxious Heart (A05 Final)  (Read 348426 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Anxious Heart (for FF7)
« Reply #250 on: 2013-07-07 18:53:37 »
That problem was solved.  The problem was caused by incorrect music start movie frame index.  The installer fixes it for 1998 version by editing ff7.exe.

impmallet

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2013-07-18 00:03:30 »
Hello, I need some assistance regarding this mod.

I am using the new Steam version of Final Fantasy VII and have installed AH, which is working beautifully for the most part. The issue I am running into is the world map theme. When leaving a town/cave to go back to the world map, instead of starting the theme over as the PSX version does, it resumes it from the point you entered the town/cave. Is there any way that I can change this so that it does not resume? Bonus points if I can make it resume after battle, but not after leaving a town.

Thank you.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2013-07-18 00:39:42 »
The PSX resumes if I recall. And why you'd want it to keep starting over every time, I don't know.  That also has nothing to do with this mod.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-18 00:42:34 by DLPB »

impmallet

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2013-07-18 03:30:32 »
I am confused it seems. I suppose regardless of whether it's part of the original PSX or not, it's just my preference. As I understand, your mod uses ff7music to implement the patch so that it will play OGG correct? Also, there must be a flag that tells certain songs to resume or to start from the beginning correct? In this case, it seems like my question has everything to do with this mod. I suppose I should broaden the question. How would I go about changing a song so that it will always start from the beginning while using the AH mod?

If I am not understanding how the mod works, please feel free to correct me.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-18 04:46:58 by impmallet »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2013-07-18 09:29:19 »
Remembering the position of the tunes has nothing to do with oggs.  I am not sure if ff7music deals with it.  The correct way for the game to operate is to remember that tune, if there's no option for it in ff7music, you'd need to edit ff7.exe with hex editor or something.  You'd need to change code.

vexatious

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2013-07-18 10:06:28 »
Wow this is great!  The original masters... Can't get any better than this.  The quality is way better than the minipsf's.  Many props! 

All that's left is finding the original sources for the FMV's.  Using the fmv's you released already and it sure is a treat!

Kind regards
« Last Edit: 2013-07-18 10:09:35 by vexatious »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2013-07-18 12:27:05 »
Wow this is great!  The original masters... Can't get any better than this.  The quality is way better than the minipsf's.  Many props! 
I can't help but point out, no disrespect intended to the OP, that it was FinalFanTim who did the OSTRe, no matter who fixes the loop points or makes an installer or whatever  :-P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2013-07-18 15:33:35 »
He said original masters though, not remasters.  I did the original soundtrack into loop ogg. The music from this installer is mine.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2013-07-18 15:52:23 »
He said original masters though, not remasters.  I did the original soundtrack into loop ogg. The music from this installer is mine.
Well, that just goes to show how I totally misunderstood this project... AH includes so many options besides what you did with the looping oggs... I am setting up your OST version as we speak because I am pretty sure I never realized it was different from the OSTRe... Eating... foot... now. bleh.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2013-07-18 15:57:16 »
All the options in AH were done by me :P  All the oggs were created by me and looped by me, regardless of album or source.  :-D  8-)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-18 16:02:10 by DLPB »

impmallet

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2013-07-18 16:33:18 »
Remembering the position of the tunes has nothing to do with oggs.  I am not sure if ff7music deals with it.  The correct way for the game to operate is to remember that tune, if there's no option for it in ff7music, you'd need to edit ff7.exe with hex editor or something.  You'd need to change code.

Ah that makes sense. Could you answer one last question for me? AH does in fact use FF7MUSIC right? If so, where does it install ff7music, I can't find it anywhere to see if I can make the changes I want manually. I remember using ff7 music a long time ago on the 1998 version and you could specifically set certain tracks to restart or resume.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2013-07-18 20:43:03 by impmallet »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2013-07-18 21:00:36 »
I can't remember.  use search in windows and search for ff7music

impmallet

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2013-07-19 02:33:50 »
That's the confusing part, I a full drive search and it found nothing. You did build the installer correct? If you get a chance, could you check and see where you are pointing it to install ff7music and its config file?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-19 02:40:00 by impmallet »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2013-07-19 03:49:03 »
That's the confusing part, I a full drive search and it found nothing. You did build the installer correct? If you get a chance, could you check and see where you are pointing it to install ff7music and its config file?

Thank you.
Yes, the installer works correctly!
Having already worked with thousands of people, you should be able to accept that!

FF7Music.exe should be in folder "Ficedula".

vexatious

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2013-07-19 03:55:08 »
Okay didn't know there was a remastered version.  Also found some problems with this soundtrack and don't know if the original source or the ogg quality is to blame. 

Which one sounds closer to the source how the authors intended?  This, or http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8160.0.  I'd rather buy it unless there's a FLAC release.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-19 11:52:24 by vexatious »

impmallet

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2013-07-19 05:18:17 »
Yes, the installer works correctly!
Having already worked with thousands of people, you should be able to accept that!

FF7Music.exe should be in folder "Ficedula".

I'm not sure you really understand what I'm saying. Yes, the installer does indeed work, I am using the mod with no issue. There is no ff7music.exe in the ficedula folder, there is no ff7music.exe on my entire hard drive. I'm trying to understand exactly what the installer does with it. The idea is that I want to make some modifications to ff7music, but I can't do that if I don't know where it's located or if it even still resides on the hard drive after the installer finishes.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-19 05:21:49 by impmallet »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2013-07-19 05:33:44 »
Okay didn't know there was a remastered version.  Also found some problems with this soundtrack and don't know if the original source or the ogg quality is to blame. 

Which one sounds closer to the source how the authors intended?  This, or http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8160.0.  I'd rather buy it.

Having tested this today, I can say AnxiousHeart original soundtrack is closer to the original. Some problems almost certainly come from the ff7music plugin itself and not this mod. These may never be addressed. I think there's an issue with the sleeping song only lasting a second not sure if there's a workaround; sadly, this was the main reason I didn't know much about this mod. 

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2013-07-19 09:21:26 »

I'm not sure you really understand what I'm saying. Yes, the installer does indeed work, I am using the mod with no issue. There is no ff7music.exe in the ficedula folder, there is no ff7music.exe on my entire hard drive. I'm trying to understand exactly what the installer does with it. The idea is that I want to make some modifications to ff7music, but I can't do that if I don't know where it's located or if it even still resides on the hard drive after the installer finishes.

Did you make sure to run the installer as admin?  And best off installing ff7 outside of program files folder.  The ficedula folder is in the main ff7 folder.  If the music is playing, then it has to be there.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-19 09:24:47 by DLPB »

vexatious

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2013-07-19 11:53:06 »
Any chance you'll release this in FLAC?  Don't mean to be pushy and think your work is great!

Kind regards

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2013-07-19 14:36:26 »
Any chance you'll release this in FLAC?  Don't mean to be pushy and think your work is great!

Kind regards

I answered this before a few times, and the answer is no for various reasons.

1.  If you desire to listen to the tracks in top quality that you can notice a difference you actually need very good ears and expensive audio equipment.  Contrary to popular belief, the difference between mp3/ogg 192 and Lossless source is too small for most people to hear without those things, and even worse the older the person gets.  FF7 music is not exactly an orchestra piece to begin with, and so it matters even less.

2.  If you really wanted that so much you could buy the album and listen to it rather than play the game.

3. Flacs are much bigger than 192kbit/s audio files, and the whole reason for making them small is because this is a game.  One of the reasons MGS4 has retarded install times and other problems with space is because they wasted an entire 50GB blu-ray by including uncompressed audio... and 99% of people or more wouldn't have even realised the difference had they not.   FF7 is a small game in modern terms, and it's meant to be efficient.  Adding massive flacs is a waste of space and simply unprofessional.  The small gains you theoretically receive cannot outweigh the increase in bloat (both game and installer).

4. I don't know how to make flacs loop, and I don't know of any dll that can do it.  Even there is, it would mean redoing all the music files yet again.  Simply not going to happen.  What I have released is a professional, sane, and working mod for FF7 that updates the music to be even better than the original PSX game.  That's all that is required.

5. Aali's next driver will support oggs, like the new release FF7, which uses his driver. Flac support is simply not happening.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-19 14:48:27 by DLPB »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2013-07-19 14:57:47 »
Aali's next driver will support oggs, like the new release FF7, which uses his driver.
Not trying to be annoying here but do you know for sure there's still going to be a next one? I'd feint if he released it, but I stopped "hoping" a while ago. If you can say "there will be definitely, dunno when" that would at least be something else to look forward to.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2013-07-19 15:13:19 »
I spoke to aali once not long ago and he expressed a desire to get it released.  So he must be willing to :)

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2013-07-19 15:52:20 »
I spoke to aali once not long ago and he expressed a desire to get it released.  So he must be willing to :)
Sounds good to me...

I'm not sure you really understand what I'm saying.
In fact I have misunderstood you ...

As I understand, your mod uses ff7music to implement the patch so that it will play OGG correct?
FF7Music is NOT installed when you use an unmodified Re- or Steam Release!
In this case, the existing OGG files are overwritten by those of DLPB, then that was all.

However, if you a kind of "new to old patch" using, also FF7Music is installed.

Also, there must be a flag that tells certain songs to resume or to start from the beginning correct?
I think without "new to old patch" you'll need to manipulate the ff7_xx.exe...

impmallet

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2013-07-20 02:04:54 »
Thank you Kompass! You have made everything clear to me now. Sorry about the misunderstandings. :)

piccolo113

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2013-07-22 03:18:00 »
Pardon me for asking what may be a stupid question, but after having installed a fresh redo of FF7 on Steam, then using the Mover, then installing the series of mods I wish to use with BFE, I discovered Anxious Heart. I actually have the PSF version of the OST installed, but I'd very much like to use Anxious Heart, as it is much higher quality (obviously). My question is, having used BFE already, when I go to install the Anxious Heart set of music with AH.exe, do I choose Old PC (1998) or New PC (2012 cash-in)? All I want to install is the OST from the master files, none of the Fan Made tracks.