Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4917399 times)

Murasame

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3575 on: 2016-05-05 22:00:20 »
I feel I should credit you for the adjustments to the vanilla script in 1.4. The dialogue for the new events in older versions were also great, I haven't gotten far enough to see if they're changed yet. Anyway, you've kept the spirit of the original while you altered it so very well done.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: 2016-05-06 00:18:18 »
I feel I should credit you for the adjustments to the vanilla script in 1.4. The dialogue for the new events in older versions were also great, I haven't gotten far enough to see if they're changed yet. Anyway, you've kept the spirit of the original while you altered it so very well done.

Cheers, bud; the thing with the PC version is that Eidos changed the script slightly and the formatting was pretty bad so I decided to have a stab at it. Midgar and the Highwind scenes were done a while ago so they might need brushing up a bit and I think I got up to Temple of the Ancients or thereabouts before I put 1.4 out.

Edit: Put in an all-nighter (getting too old for that  :'() and Dark Cave is almost done. It's a lot closer now to how I originally envisioned it; not 100%, but closer.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-06 11:56:31 by Sega Chief »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: 2016-05-06 14:29:53 »
Edit: Put in an all-nighter (getting too old for that  :'() and Dark Cave is almost done. It's a lot closer now to how I originally envisioned it; not 100%, but closer.

Dark cave almost done? Looks like ill have to prepare my bank card for a donation =).

I have not even tried Dark cave when it was first released, but am excited for the "remake"!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: 2016-05-06 22:31:27 »
Cheers, bud; the thing with the PC version is that Eidos changed the script slightly and the formatting was pretty bad so I decided to have a stab at it. Midgar and the Highwind scenes were done a while ago so they might need brushing up a bit and I think I got up to Temple of the Ancients or thereabouts before I put 1.4 out.

Dark Cave hype is real, looking foward to it as I only started playing this mod at V1.4 so it's new content for me. It should also be a chance to obtain some goodies aswell.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: 2016-05-07 16:41:50 »
Looking forward to the Dark Cave as well. Gonna be a while before I get there. I'm just about to fight Dyne. Speaking of..... that damn XATM Scorpion's got 9 lives!!!! I love how Barrett's like "It's that _____ SCORPION BOT again!!!" and Cloud's like "He better stay down this time!" I get the feeling he's not done yet though lol. Almost feels like the chicken from Family Guy.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: 2016-05-07 19:02:39 »
Dark Cave hype is real, looking foward to it as I only started playing this mod at V1.4 so it's new content for me. It should also be a chance to obtain some goodies aswell.

My sentiments and situation exactly, got ants in my pants in anticipation for the Dark Cave and all that awaits inside!

Yapt

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: 2016-05-08 01:25:42 »
Anyone got any tips for proud clod? He seem to get multiple turns after a couple of mako cannons

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: 2016-05-08 17:04:53 »
I'm guessing the bomb king and kaktuar are end game bosses right? I'm at the point where I need to return to the forbbiden city to get the holy materia and bomb king hits pretty hard and kaktuar just tornadoes my ass out of the fight!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: 2016-05-08 17:59:47 »
I'm guessing the bomb king and kaktuar are end game bosses right? I'm at the point where I need to return to the forbbiden city to get the holy materia and bomb king hits pretty hard and kaktuar just tornadoes my ass out of the fight!
They are optional bosses that guard the Materia inside the Materia Caves. With HP<->MP being moved to the Powersoul Keeper the Purple Materia Cave now holds the Mega-All Materia. The idea is the Materia in the Materia Caves is far to useful for anyone to just come along and take it, especially with Knights of the Round. So each Materia Cave now has a boss fight guarding it so you have to earn it.

Kaktuar grows bigger whenever he is hit with Magical Attacks, if he gets hit by too many Magical Attacks he uses "Cactageddon" which removes your party from the battle and flags them as dead, resulting in a Game Over. To avoid this limit the use of your offensive magic and hit him with some Physical Attacks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: 2016-05-08 19:38:53 »
Anyone got any tips for proud clod? He seem to get multiple turns after a couple of mako cannons

It's similar AI to the original; when he's below 50% HP he gets a higher chance to use double attacks each turn. I'd recommend saving any limited use attacks (like Summons or Quadra Magic) for until he uses Mako Cannon to speed through the last of his HP faster. Destroying the Jamar Armour should be the first thing to do as well to reduce his Defence. Element-wise, Bolt, Water, and Earth are effective while Wind only deals half-damage. You can reduce a lot of his attacks by 50%m, including Mako Cannon, by wearing a Protect Vest (halves Shoot element) and Type-J Ray can be defended against using the Hidden element (combine Elemental with a non-elemental Materia; but see the list below).

About Hidden element; Skirmish did some testing and found the following:

Hidden Elemental Testing with Mastered Elemental Materia:

The following linked with Elemental WILL grant the Hidden Element:
Planet
Shield
Contain
Destruct
Time
Comet
Barrier
Mystify
Seal
Enemy Skill
Manipulate
Deathblow
Morph
Throw
Sense
Steal
Double Cut
Slash-All
HP<->MP
Underwater
Counter Attack
Mega-All

The following linked with Elemental WILL NOT grant the Hidden Element:
Exit
Transform
Heal
EVERY SUPPORT MATERIA
Mime
W-Item
W-Summon
W-Magic
Cover
Pre-Emptive
Chocobo Lure
Enemy Lure
Enemy Away
Gil PLUS
EXP PLus
HP PLUS
MP PLUS
Knights of the Round
Bahamut-ZERO
Neo-Bahamut
Kjata
Bahamut
Odin

Which is very interesting as it doesn't seem to follow any particular pattern. I wonder how the game decides to link Materia, by their index ID in the .EXE maybe?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-08 19:43:35 by Sega Chief »

Yapt

• View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: 2016-05-09 07:24:30 »
Cheers for the tips sega. Beat on the first try

jpzchaos14

• View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: 2016-05-09 09:47:44 »
Sega Chief, I know and think you've heard these questions so many times, but for the sake of pete's sake I will ask.
For starters, I just discovered the NT version, through Tifa's Final Heaven Modding: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
The FF7 copy I have is from Steam 2013, and I have decided that I wanna replay the game with a bit of challenge, I think NT is the best way to replay the game again.
I just realized that the version of the NT using the 7thHeaven.exe modder only has NT version 1.1.
I see that you've recently released v1.4.

As of now, I have the Steam copy,
and have Tifa's Final Heaven Modding installed.

Questions:
Is it possible to launch NT v1.4 while still passively using "Tifa's Final Heaven Modding"?
In any case, will NT v1.4 be updated to the "Tifa's Final Heaven Modding"?
Is there a new manual for v1.4 that thoroughly explains every modd changes in NT v1.4?

I do have some suggestions for the NT like (Renaming Spell Names Fire3 -> Firaga, having "Super Nova" Materia, and Sapphire Weapon Boss)
but since I am new to the NT version, I still know little about it.
Maybe these suggestions have already been applied or not. So...
Mind if you can help clear things for a bro like me?
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about certain things, because like I said, new to all this,
and I'm learning everything as much as I can.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: 2016-05-09 10:18:50 »
Questions:
Is it possible to launch NT v1.4 while still passively using "Tifa's Final Heaven Modding"?
In any case, will NT v1.4 be updated to the "Tifa's Final Heaven Modding"?
Is there a new manual for v1.4 that thoroughly explains every modd changes in NT v1.4?

I do have some suggestions for the NT like (Renaming Spell Names Fire3 -> Firaga, having "Super Nova" Materia, and Sapphire Weapon Boss)
but since I am new to the NT version, I still know little about it.
Maybe these suggestions have already been applied or not. So...
Mind if you can help clear things for a bro like me?
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about certain things, because like I said, new to all this,
and I'm learning everything as much as I can.

As far as I'm aware, NT is being updated in the catalog (it should currently be 1.35 though, not 1.1; maybe the text wasn't updated?)

If you download the Main Installer from the front page of this thread, it contains several folders with documentation (changes in the mod, where certain things have been moved to, etc) and an up-to-date IRO for use with 7th Heaven.

First off, you can find the steps to get 7th Heaven running here if you haven't already: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

To load an IRO with 7th Heaven (usually called 7H), open it up and go to the Library tab. There should be a button called 'Import'. Click that and a box will appear with three more tabs; click 'From IRO Archive' and then the '...' to select the NT IRO file that comes with the Main Installer folder. The mod should appear in the Library list once it's loaded; click on 'Activate' below it, then go to the Active Mods tab in the top-left and sort out the mod load order (NT should be moved to the bottom of the list, below graphical mods and the like).

If 7H doesn't work for whatever reason, then the mod has its own stand-alone installer that will patch over the game's files. Make sure to back-up FF7's 'data' folder before using this, as patching the game and then trying to use 7H over the top of it will cause problems.

The spell names are the same as the old ones; Fire3, etc. and there isn't a Sapphire Weapon but there are plenty of new bosses and monsters to run into, including a few that are recreations of bosses from other FF games like FF8's Omega Weapon and FFX's Nemesis. There's some new spells as well.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #3588 on: 2016-05-09 18:53:14 »
Where do you get Morph materia at? I think I missed it  :-\

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: 2016-05-09 19:52:39 »
Where do you get Morph materia at? I think I missed it  :-\
I think it takes the place of the Cover Materia in the garden at Aeris's house.

jpzchaos14

• View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: 2016-05-10 08:48:16 »
As far as I'm aware, NT is being updated in the catalog (it should currently be 1.35 though, not 1.1; maybe the text wasn't updated?)

If you download the Main Installer from the front page of this thread, it contains several folders with documentation (changes in the mod, where certain things have been moved to, etc) and an up-to-date IRO for use with 7th Heaven.

First off, you can find the steps to get 7th Heaven running here if you haven't already: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

To load an IRO with 7th Heaven (usually called 7H), open it up and go to the Library tab. There should be a button called 'Import'. Click that and a box will appear with three more tabs; click 'From IRO Archive' and then the '...' to select the NT IRO file that comes with the Main Installer folder. The mod should appear in the Library list once it's loaded; click on 'Activate' below it, then go to the Active Mods tab in the top-left and sort out the mod load order (NT should be moved to the bottom of the list, below graphical mods and the like).

If 7H doesn't work for whatever reason, then the mod has its own stand-alone installer that will patch over the game's files. Make sure to back-up FF7's 'data' folder before using this, as patching the game and then trying to use 7H over the top of it will cause problems.

The spell names are the same as the old ones; Fire3, etc. and there isn't a Sapphire Weapon but there are plenty of new bosses and monsters to run into, including a few that are recreations of bosses from other FF games like FF8's Omega Weapon and FFX's Nemesis. There's some new spells as well.

OMG! Just read the documentation, and I must say I'm quite impressed!
Alotta cool challenges and changes.
I'm surprised that "Super Nova" is not in the changelog though. Would have been sweet if you added that!
I'm curious though, how do you guys change dialogues and naming of stuff ingame..

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: 2016-05-11 20:58:05 »
Is there any other means of getting the Touph Ring and Champion Belt besides Battle Square on Disc 1? Touph Ring looks to be a risky Tank Accessory (Halves Restorative, Vit/Spr +40).

Will be trying various methods for Disc 1 Battle Square and will see if Champion Belt is worth the effort. If there is another way to get these Accessories then let me know, if not then they are technically missable as far as I know.

Kryalis

« Reply #3592 on: 2016-05-11 22:43:46 »
Do you think in the next version (if there will be a next version) you could include an optional file where you can replace Cloud's Battle model with that special high res one he has at the end when facing sephiroth?

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: 2016-05-11 23:54:05 »
Is there any other means of getting the Touph Ring and Champion Belt besides Battle Square on Disc 1? Touph Ring looks to be a risky Tank Accessory (Halves Restorative, Vit/Spr +40).

Will be trying various methods for Disc 1 Battle Square and will see if Champion Belt is worth the effort. If there is another way to get these Accessories then let me know, if not then they are technically missable as far as I know.

I can confirm there is another Touph Ring somewhere--I currently have 2, and only 1 was from the Battle Square.  I forgot where I got it though, but I'm pretty sure it was a chest, because I haven't morphed much outside the final dungeon.

I'd be curious to see what the Champion's Belt does too.  I always got a few in the original because I never had more than 1 Ribbon, and I liked the stat boosts.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: 2016-05-12 06:12:30 »
Do you think in the next version (if there will be a next version) you could include an optional file where you can replace Cloud's Battle model with that special high res one he has at the end when facing sephiroth?

Problem with that model is that it's hi-res whereas the other character models aren't, making it stand out. I think it's slightly bigger in proportion as well. I'll test it and see.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: 2016-05-12 09:09:40 »
I can confirm there is another Touph Ring somewhere--I currently have 2, and only 1 was from the Battle Square.  I forgot where I got it though, but I'm pretty sure it was a chest, because I haven't morphed much outside the final dungeon.

I'd be curious to see what the Champion's Belt does too.  I always got a few in the original because I never had more than 1 Ribbon, and I liked the stat boosts.
Champion's Belt prevents Auto-Crit status but gives +25 Str/Vit. So it's best used for a Physical hitter with high luck, in other words on paper it's a good accessory for Cid but since I don't think his passive will activate while wearing it it's best used with a high Luck stat, if his passive bypasses status immunities (needs confirmation) then it would potentially be great.

It's potentially good for other Physical based characters earlier in the game where you don't have access to the Auto-Crit status making the immunity to it redundant, I think it also serves as the best Strength boosting Accessory besides the Curse Ring. However I will say that 32000 BP is pretty steep considering the Curse Ring outclasses it massively when used properly and any character that looks to benefit from Auto-Crits later in game would be much better off with the Auto-Crit status rather than the Strength increase, even with a Rank 0 Party.

As far as Accessories go it's kind of interesting but not really worth grinding Disc 1 Battle Square for unless you want to obtain it as a collector's item (Currently don't know location of Champion's Belt from Disc 2 onwards).

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: 2016-05-12 12:32:20 »
Speaking of the Cursed Ring, is there a way to cheese your way out of the curse?  Like, will Added Effect + Destruct or Odin prevent the auto death from affecting you?  My FF7 life might become less complicated if this is the case.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: 2016-05-12 18:22:34 »
Speaking of the Cursed Ring, is there a way to cheese your way out of the curse?  Like, will Added Effect + Destruct or Odin prevent the auto death from affecting you?  My FF7 life might become less complicated if this is the case.
Yes, Added Effect + Destruct/Odin will prevent Sudden Death. I think you can also use the Death Force Enemy Skill to prevent the Sudden Death from hitting you aswell. However I think Added Effect + Destruct/Odin won't allow you to re-apply Death Sentence once it expires if you're planning on using Powersoul.

Keep in mind the Curse Ring Prevents Regen and Halves Restorative so it's risky to use.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: 2016-05-12 22:09:08 »
I've been going over a couple of things and I think I know why certain enemy moves don't obey the rules they are supposed to. I'm talking about the Level specific moves and the reason they behave weirdly is very likely down to the Level Syncher placing the party at Level 44.

L2 Confu (Hipogriff) will always hit a Level Synched party for this reason.
L5 Suicide (Mu/Trickplay) and L5 Death (Parasite/Omega Weapon) will always miss the party for this reason.
L3 Def-less (Mimic) will always miss the party for this reason.
This also explains why old moves such as L4 Death (Allemange) and L2 Holy (Cuahl, I think that's how it's spelt) would always hit.

Just curious, how do Level ?? moves work as I know Allemange now uses Level ?? Flare and how would it be affected by a Level 44 Synched party. As of now the level based moves combined with the level synching in this mod do not mix well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: 2016-05-12 22:43:53 »
I've been going over a couple of things and I think I know why certain enemy moves don't obey the rules they are supposed to. I'm talking about the Level specific moves and the reason they behave weirdly is very likely down to the Level Syncher placing the party at Level 44.

L2 Confu (Hipogriff) will always hit a Level Synched party for this reason.
L5 Suicide (Mu/Trickplay) and L5 Death (Parasite/Omega Weapon) will always miss the party for this reason.
L3 Def-less (Mimic) will always miss the party for this reason.
This also explains why old moves such as L4 Death (Allemange) and L2 Holy (Cuahl, I think that's how it's spelt) would always hit.

Just curious, how do Level ?? moves work as I know Allemange now uses Level ?? Flare and how would it be affected by a Level 44 Synched party. As of now the level based moves combined with the level synching in this mod do not mix well.

Lv?? Attacks don't have a level modifier, they're just regular attacks replacing the Lv.4 ones they used to have.