Author Topic: Feild model conversion's  (Read 64409 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Feild model conversion's
« on: 2007-04-04 09:38:24 »
Ok i was gonna post this after i had finished tifa but she being a pain in the but i'll definatley finish her tomorrow. Anyway all credit for the feild model conversion goes to weeemus so thank him ,he would've posted them himself but he had to go out and i wanted to get these up so heres a taste.

He aso did the screen shots. So now we have three different threads for three different sections battle,weapons and feild so please put all suggestions to the corresponding threads. Thankyou... :-D

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Feild model conversion's
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-04 09:54:22 »
Excelent job. I didn't expected these models to work so well in-game.

murak

« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-04 21:40:14 »
unless I'm mistaken, shouldn't cloud's sword have the blade pointed the other way like it is in the NPC RP? Other than that, I doubt anyone else could do better with what weemus was given. 10+.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-06 10:40:02 »
Hey guys as you know, i do the field model conversions; heres a sneak preview of them
enjoy! :D

I haven’t started on tifa yet but shouldn't take too long, give me a day or so but for now, i'm still fixing up sephiroth
I'll post more up as soon as i finish the sephiroth field model.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-06 11:34:49 by weeemus »

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-06 11:00:17 »
Rules.

Especially the part which talks about IM-shorthand and grammar.

Note to whinybitches: this is me being extremely accommodating - you told me it would work. It better, or the next post in monkeyspeak will get this thread locked, without a further warning. And after that the only way to open it is to send me a PM, explaining - in actual English - whether the offending person is capable and willing to play by the rules.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-06 15:37:36 »
I haven’t started on tifa yet but shouldn't take too long, give me a day or so but for now, i'm still fixing up sephiroth

Haha I beat you to it!
« Last Edit: 2007-04-06 18:14:22 by ultima espio »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-06 17:41:07 »
That looks great weemus, but I think Cloud's chest should be rotated a few degrees on the Alpha angle. Characters should also be a bit smaller.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-06 23:29:24 »
Could you show some screenshots ultima espio?

kamekaz3

« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-07 02:21:13 »
when would the patch be released?
like the tifa, yufi, aerith, cloud, & sephiroth sprites from KH they look awesome  :-D

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-07 02:45:54 »
I stated already in another thread please not to ask for a release date of this for certain reason's, so just be patient because im not going to give a release date ever until it's released.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-04-07 03:46:02 »
That looks great weemus, but I think Cloud's chest should be rotated a few degrees on the Alpha angle. Characters should also be a bit smaller.

Thanks for the hint borde

I fixed up clouds chest and now he looks twice as better now :D

Heres a screenshot, it's 2 screen in one...  just that i got lazy uploading 2 pictures up on photobucket because my nets laggy and i'm capped.

Anyway i'm going to start tifa field model just finished all the sephiroth fields, god there annoying == lol their were like 4 different sephiroths.

i'll try finish it by today and post new screenshots :D in the meantime, you guys can go play your ff7 lol
« Last Edit: 2007-04-07 05:49:46 by weeemus »

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-04-08 04:09:34 »
yay finished tifa :D

Heres a screenshot for you guys

Next character! on list...aeris!!

( btw sorry about the double posting haha was going to remodify my last post erm...i kinda forgot and made a new post? lol )

EDIT****

just finished aeris heh most these characters from kingdom hearts 1 xept for tifa =D well since you all know already tifa is only in kh2

i got lazy with the screenshooting lol but you can see all the characters in this =] exept for cid and yuffie...
but i got screens at the top :D

« Last Edit: 2007-04-08 09:19:40 by weeemus »

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-04-08 08:26:50 »
I can't  :mrgreen: Believe how good this looks! Great work!

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-04-08 10:18:10 »
thanks midgar :D
anyway fixed up aerith's legs haha they were fat ;)

anyway this is pretty much all the models i've done so far...cant get vincent and cait yet == cos my gay ass pcx2 emulator wont run the game even with latest version....it runs any other game exept for doc sigh " : < unless yazor makes a doc model viewer that'll be very helpful indeed lol

Jari

« Reply #14 on: 2007-04-08 10:46:25 »
As promised.

weeemus, PM me with a explanation about whether you are willing to follow our rules, or not. Written in King's English, thank you.

Until I get that - and it really is in English - this thread remains closed as I promised.

PS. stormmedia, ice_cold513, were you counting? Because I got a whopping two days. How about you?

Now, tell me, do you think I'm going to remind every 2 days?

No?

Then shut the f*** up.

EDIT: It's open again. We'll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-08 15:35:35 by Jari »

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-04-08 17:43:09 »
Aeris' hands... spin them around so her arms don't look backwards.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-04-08 18:57:14 »
Great job weemus. There seems to be some kind of bug with the normals in the skirt. Probably this is Kimera's fault. I'll have to investigate further.
And yes, you should do something with those hands :-P

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-04-09 11:13:30 »
Thanks for the hint guys, i didn't really notice really, but then again i'm pretty blind hehe.  :-D
Well now, i'll start fixing up Aeirith's hand, and post a new screen, just incase i do somthing wrong again.

EDIT****

Heh i misplaced the .p file to the wrong hand, it is kind of hard to see, but i fixed the small problem and her hands look perfectly fine now.
Although her dress still seems abit weird, but squeeble is creating a new skirt for Aerith soon.

« Last Edit: 2007-04-09 11:34:49 by weeemus »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-04-09 11:51:31 »
Kill the precalulated lighting on her skirt.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-04-09 13:41:50 »
Why is it that Cloud here looks alot better then the cloud in the battle model replacement thread?

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-04-09 13:54:50 »
I was wondering about that as well Skillster, the Battle Model looked far more Ps1 to me than KH infact I even hinted that it looked along the lines of Ehrgeiz to my eye but when I saw Cloud here I was well impressed maybe it's just Weeemus' graphics card compared to Squeeble's or something . . .
« Last Edit: 2007-04-09 14:03:14 by Rancid Cheese »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-04-09 14:34:58 »
I think it's because of the lighting. Even the rudimentary lighting system in FF7 is better than no lighting at all. Since there is no light in the battles, the characters look worse there. That's why some pre-calculated lighting should be added to the battle models.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-04-09 15:31:19 »
Why is it that Cloud here looks alot better then the cloud in the battle model replacement thread?

Perhaps squeeble is not using the saint's Hi - res patch?

And like what borde said,"there is no light in the battles, the characters look worse there"
My cloud is the exact same model as the battle. I only made slight changes like , resizing and rotating a few things here and there for the field model, heh and also adding a sword onto his back  :-D.
(Tried making the models proportioned)

Anyway in battle, there aren't many close camera angles for you to actually view the model up close and check it out.
In my case it's field models, lots of close camera shots.

Well this is what i think anyway  :lol:

DarthMarasmus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-04-10 22:34:59 »
Is there any way to put those into my game so I don't have to look at the crappy old sprites?  I'm all for old games that have good plots, but that doesn't mean that I like Stone Age graphics.  If it's not some complex, "I'd have to learn how to program" sort of a method for putting those into the game, then I'd like to (if you all are willing).  Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-04-11 04:12:06 »
Quote from: DarthMarasmus
Is there any way to put those into my game so I don't have to look at the crappy old sprites?

Sprites?!  Which Final Fantasy are you talking about?  :-D